1. wordylaconic

wordylaconic New Member

Cheerio!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by wordylaconic, Aug 28, 2015.

Hi there, everyone!
    I'm Carl J. and I'm a Swedish guy who's always loved writing, and have always loved the English language. My experience in writing ranges from lyric-writing, short-stories, to the novel I've been working on for a few years. I've also attended a Creative Writing course in Malmö, taught by Darius Degher, should that name ring a bell for anyone.

I'm hoping to learn a lot from you all, and hope to contribute just as much.

See you around!

2. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

'Cheerio' means 'Goodbye' :)

Hi, Carl. Welcome to the forum.

3. wordylaconic

wordylaconic New Member

Already learning new things, wonderful! Went ahead and had my name changed, despite the fact that it's a little too late.
    Thank you :)

OurJud likes this.
  4. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Why, what was wrong with the previous name?

5. wordylaconic

wordylaconic New Member

I was a bit thrown off using part of my own name after being advised not to in the rules, and the fact that I couldn't find anyone else who used their real name. I do realise that I might as well have stuck with it, though.

6. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hej there, neighbor. ;) And welcome to the forum!

You probably already took a peek at our New Member Quick Start but if not, there it is to get you properly started. Are you writing in English or Swedish? Sweden has definitely given the world quite a few popular titles. I'm a fan of supernatural, so I've got Låt den rätte komma in on my To Be Read -list. I've also enjoyed the works of Mikael Niemi and Jonas Gardell, both Swedes, I believe. :)

Anyway, see you around!

-Kat

7. wordylaconic

wordylaconic New Member

Tack, neighbor!
    Not surprised to find a Finnish person knowing a few things about Sweden. Regrettably, we learned virtually nothing about your country in school, which is terrible all in itself. Feel free to recommend something you like from Finnish authors! :)
    I do my writing in English, and most of my reading as well. I'll admit that I haven't read these authors, but will be sure to fix that. Torka Aldrig Tårar Utan Handskar by Gardell has been on my list for a while now. My favourite genre would be the dystopian, and recently having read Kallocain by Karin Boye, I can recommend it as an interesting read.

I will study the Quick Start more closely before I start posting things. Initially, I feel bit discouraged by everyone's eloquence and writing-skill in this forum, but I guess it'll pass.

See you :)

KaTrian likes this.