Children of Gods

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Tara, Oct 23, 2013.

1. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

A small house on a hill, flowerbeds and trees planted around it artfully, succumbed to the shadows of the night slowly. The light provided by the sun that filtered in the window began to retreat out the window. On the bed slept a brown-haired man, with streaks of white going through the brown. He stirred faintly, feeling the loss of light, then slowly pushed his back off the mattress. He effortlessly and gracefully got out of the bed, taking the time to push the covers back into place. He closed the drapes, then with a smile, he spun in a circle, theatrically lighting up the whole room. With a snap, he dimmed the room just the tiniest smudge, then almost floated over to the telescope at the other side of the room.

'I should be more careful, I don't want people to know about me...' He reprimanded himself.

In the small telescope's 'eye', as Lolaren liked to call it, he saw a young man crouching on the roof above a small pub. He looked like he was trying to listen in on something. Lolaren focused in on the scene, hoping something would occur.

2. Razzles

Razzles Active Member

"Kyrun," he said, "Kyrun Telforce. And what do you mean? You were the one who came from the field." There was an awkward silence before Kyrun said "anyway. So, Pit, why were you following me? And what were you doing in the field?"
    Pit looked at him confused at the sudden change of questioning and decided a classical card play of changing the situation, "Seeing how much wood a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could cuck wood?" he laughed at his response and then turned serious "My parents own this farm land" he lied looking at him. "I was just seeing if the crop was growing" he lied again grimacing at every word that left his mouth.
    Kyrun nodded, not quite believing him. "My...my parents own a bit of land." He said. He never found it easy calling the humans he lived with his parents. Whenever he called them that, he would think of the angel he had for a father and would feel ashamed about calling a pair of ordinary humans his parents. But he had never revealed his secret about being an angel to anyone, and he was not about to tell a boy he hardly knew about it. "I was just walking to town." He said "I'd best be on my way." And he stepped around Pit and started to walk down the road again.
    He turned, remembering something. "But still, pit," he said "why were you following me?"
    "I..I...I wasn't I was just walking, why were you walking aimlessly into the distance towards the city walls?
    Kyrun felt stupid. Why oh why had he said he was walking to town? In his haste to make an excuse up, he had forgotten that he wasn't walking anywhere near the town. "Ok, if you want to truth, I wasn't going to town. I don't even know where I'm going. I've always wanted to get away, and find...some relatives." He had almost said his parents. "Anyway, I'd really better be going...nice meeting you, pit." He turned and started walking away down the road.
    Pit turned and looked at him as he walked away
    he could tell that they both know they were lying to one another and it only seemed fair to be straight
    "I know a way out"

3. Tara

Tara Senior Member

Furcas had noticed the smoke before Kinra saw it, but he had not thought anything of it… not until the demon girl froze anyway.

And even then it took Furcas several seconds to realize just why the girl was shocked. He blamed it on the fact that nothing could have prepared him for the girl’s appearance. It wasn’t a shocking thing in itself that a demon looked like she did, Furcas’ own demon form wasn’t exactly what humans would have called pretty, but rather the fact that she didn’t or couldn’t cover her true nature in public.

“I think you should go there to find out how things are. If it’s really bad over there you know where to find me… but I will be gone after sunrise tomorrow morning,” Furcas nodded at the girl. “Good luck.”

With those words Furcas dropped his coat on the ground. It only took seconds before he felt the familiar touch of the darkness – his heritage – as hot as fire and as cold as ice at the exact same time. There was no pain in the minute that was required to change from almost human to the demon he truly was.

Furcas beat his wings once, then another time and the next time he beat his wings the force of it pushed him up into the air. The demon couldn’t help laughing when he escaped the earth’s gravity. He had always loved flying, and he always would love it.

It’s because flying is the only thing He could never take from me, Furcas thought. He looked back at Kinra one more time, but he could no longer distinguish the girl.

***​

Samantha looked after the car as it drove away, leaving her all alone at the edge of the city. The girl took a deep breath. Come on, there’s nothing to be scared of… they’re just like me.

But she knew this was not true; those people were much like her, but not just like her. They had not seen what Samantha had seen, done what she had done.

They do not know the hierarchy of the Sanctuary. There is no Redeemer, people will not know me or fear me, because to them I will simply be another person on the street. To the people here I will be someone without a history and with a future that’s as unknown as anyone’s.

At that moment in, the cool of the night air, under the first evening stars, Samantha experienced the feeling of a certain freedom for the first time in her relatively short life.

The sensation only lasted seconds, but it was enough to make Samantha smile. If anyone would have seen her smile then they would not have seen the eerie smile of a murderer, but the smile of a happy, innocent girl.

Samantha pulled the hood of her cloak over her head to shield herself from the cold. Her first task was to get to the city center, where she would have to find a place to stay. The next morning she would work out her plans, she had all the time in the world after all…

4. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

Lolaren noticed a column of smoke coming out of a house. Swifty, the angel swept the telescope to the flaming house, which was now burning with a good amount of intensity. Why was it on fire? Was this an attack on somebody? Was this an attack by Daemons on the humans, or was it the other way around? Lolaren doubted he would be able to find this out from his telescope, so he set about preparing for a walk to the town.

Perhaps he shall meet that young boy who was so intently spying on someone on top of that roof. Lolaren quickly grew excited as he skipped across his doorstep, his now short brown hair dancing along with his skipping. Thomas, the baker, waved to him as he skipped past the bakery with a smile on his face. As soon as he reached an alleyway that would lead him to Kinra's burning house. Would he dare help, and risk his identity being discovered? No, his life was too good. Plus, somebody else would probably do it before him.

The alley was dark , and Lolaren squinted his eyes. He knew somebody else was here, and he felt the anger of a man who didn't know the consequences of his actions. Then, the man jumped out of the trash bin, grasping a dagger.

"Give me your money, boy, or your life. You choose, buddy boy." The man said.

Lolaren, not interested, walked towards the man.

"Do you have a death wish?! Give me your money!" The man shouted, pushing his hand forward.

Lolaren, swifter than he'd ever been before, grasped the man's hand with both hands. The man didn't have time to ask his "What the hell?" before Lolaren twisted his wrist to an absurd angle. The man screamed in pain, dropping the knife. Lolaren grabbed the dagger that the bandit dropped quickly, then finished the man off with a slice to the throat. Blood spurted from the wound, but Lolaren was already on his way.

"Pesky criminals." Lolaren muttered, hearing a bunch of cacophonous yells behind him. Probably the criminal band, or it could be the "police", or the City Guard. You could hardly call them actual police; the justice they served was meager and never stopped the criminals from popping up from time to time. Then again, most of the angels were too calm and smart to be yelling up the storm the other men behind Lolaren were.

Lolaren opened the slots that contained his wings, and he flew upwards, onto a nearby building, watching the men, with their guns and knives and drunkenness, foolishly look for Lolaren. The way to serving true justice was to get rid of the problem. Just like that day back in his childhood.

The City Guard came soon, and apprehended the men, giving them severe warnings not to do this kind of thing again. They were idiots. Those angels, the "City Guard" had not the slightest image of the true nature of the world. They didn't see that a warning wouldn't stop these men from doing what they thought they needed to. They saw the humans as something to be regulated and protected. Even the Demons were nothing more than peskier humans. They must have one hell of an ego streak; what gives them the right to lead and protect?

Lolaren had lived among the human race for long enough to understand them. Lolaren now understood their emotions, and ideals, and personal goals. Every person was different; the criminals were people as well. They committed crimes for several different reasons; most of them believed they were doing the right thing. Like that one night in particular: Lolaren had killed two people, because he thought it had been the right thing to do. As he had grown, never had he thought he had made a mistake. If the demon and human had continued fighting, so many more people would've been killed. It was the same with the man earlier; so many people had probably ended their lives on his knife.

So Lolaren walked back to his humble abode, after finding his way out of the city. Hopefully, no more evil would be committed in the city. Lolaren closed his drapes, then lit the house with light. Once again going to his scope, he spied for the boy that had been spying on the house.

5. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Stabman sighed. "Always the investigator eh? But be quiet now and listen carefully, we are about to change history forever, you and I."

Hugo frowned, he could barely make out his uncle's face in the dim light of the attic. The floor creaked as he sat down criss-cross opposite to Stabman.

"Do you have it with you?"

"Yes"

"Show it to me."

Hugo hesitated before he pulled out the small flask, and carefully handed it to William. "Ha! That'll do!" William snatched the tiny flask out of his nephew's hands and tossed it in the air.

"Careful!"

William quirked an eyebrow at Hugo as he caught the flask again. "Why? Do you think it's poisinous?" He smiled, and rested his hand on Hugo's shoulder, "I can assure you it isn't. It's rather explosive though." Rummaging behind his back a bit, he put forth a box and opened it. Inside was a contraption Hugo had never seen the likes of before. "Now this," he shook the flask, "goes in there. Then you'll place it you-know-where, and boom! We'll be famous!"

Hugo gulped. "I am not sure I understand. I am done now, right?"

"For now, yes. I just need a few more parts delivered, but once it's done, you must come back to me here."

"Why?"

"Later Hugo, I've got to finish this now. Come back two days from now. Meet me here."

Hugo nodded and got to his feet. "Oh and Hugo," William said. The boy turned around and faced the shining golden tooth in the dark. "For your trouble." Two golden coins clattered at his feet.

Within a minute, Hugo had slipped out. It was dark already, but he wasn't cold for he could buy a good meal for himself and his mother with the two coins he had earned. Several meals even!

6. Razzles

Razzles Active Member

Kyrun turned.

"You do?" Pit nodded