1. Chiv

Chiv Active Member

Chivalry's FABULOUS Progress Journal

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Chiv, Aug 20, 2014.

Alright, I lied, there is very little that is fabulous about this thread, but did it get your attention?
    Hmm, maybe if I add some COLOUR. (Ironically, in the preview for this thread, there is no colour. Damn.)
    There we go. Now it's
    FABULOUS.
    So, I think I really need this for motivation. It seems like a great idea, and I'm gonna give it my all. So here we go.

My current project is the first novel that I plan on writing from start to end (I have only been writing seriously for a year now), titled 'A Brother's Curse'. I'm not sure about how long I want it to be, as the story will be over when it's over.

Words at the creation of this progress journal: 16, 491.

Easy goal: 50,000 words by January 1, 2015 (252 words per day)
    Not-so-easy goal: 75, 000 words by January 1, 2015 (440 words per day)
    Unrealistic goal: 16, 492 words by August 18, 2014 (Does anyone have a time machine?)

About the novel:

Title: A Brother's Curse
    Genre: Fantasy, High-Fantasy
    Link: http://www.writingforums.org/threads/a-brothers-curse.132061/

2. Chiv

Chiv Active Member

So I managed to write 420 words today, which is just under my less-easy target. I would have more, but I somehow managed to delete a few hundred words and had to re-write part of a scene.
    Today I also wrote what I consider to be my best description to date. It is as follows:

"The street was a living hell. The conflagration had spread across several houses, unchecked by the ferocious storm. The light of the flames eerily illuminated the otherwise dark street. The crack of splitting wood accompanied the collapsing of the burning houses, and the boom of thunder could be heard through the rain. While the downpour was heavy enough to cause a flood, it appeared to have no effect on the holocaust that surrounded him."

3. Chiv

Chiv Active Member

So, my trial for the program I've been using expired, which is why I haven't been updating for a while. I've been writing on a basic word formatting program in the meantime though.
    Currently I believe I should be at 22, 651 words.
    I am at currently at 21, 047.
    I have decided to split the story into 3 or 4 novellas, so seeing as I am nearly finished the first novella's first draft, I am going to need to spend some time editing it, so I am going to scrap the idea of a word count and goal by the end of the year, and I will just post what I have done to work on my novella every day.