1. anne123

anne123 New Member

Choose between 2 story ideas?

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by anne123, Mar 9, 2013.

Hey guys, I want to write an essay for a contest ( with the title: "What the Future Holds") and as for now, I have 2 main ideas.

1. Second-person narrative, in which a person who has lived in our time is now talking to the reader from the future ( say 50 years later). He/she mainly tells us little stories from which we infer that, although lots of things have changed in technology, medicine etc, people have remained the same - they aren't robots, still have feelings etc.

2.Here I'm not writing about future as in how the whole Universe has changed over the decades, but about the future of one single person, who tells a story about a past event and feels quite unsure about how it is all going to end. Here I want to put emphasis on the fact that, although it only reveals the future of one person, it shouldn't be any less important than that of the mankind.

Which one do you think is more creative, original? :) and don't you think the 2nd one is a little bit risky?( because it's not really about the future)?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

First, this is for a contest, so by the rules of this site, you are on your own.

Second, it's your essay, so you should make your own choice anyway.

3. mikeinseattle

mikeinseattle Member

Write both, quickly, then set it aside for a few days and one of them will probably seem stronger to you. Submit that one. :)