Chores you hate to do

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Leaka, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Solaris

Solaris Active Member

Lol that's great!
    I'm going to have to try that out.
    And now when I iron... well, I don't iron.
    But if I ever do iron I'll end up thinking about you and burnt chest hair!

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I have a dryer Leaka, and an clothes wrack, but not everything can be put in the dryer and when you have blankets to hang... (cries)

And solaris.... LOL!

3. Solaris

Solaris Active Member

Harhar. :cool:

4. inkslinger

inkslinger Active Member

Washing dishes, eurgh. I don't mind drying them, it's washing them that I detest. I really don't mind chores. In fact, you could say I almost look forward to them. I like dusting, vacuuming, folding laundry, sweeping, mopping, and any other chore. I usually like to do chores to music or the tv, but with washing dishes, you really can't.

EDIT: ooh, thought of another 'chore'. Sheet changing! Ohh, I hate going through with it. I always struggle getting it on properly on my bed. It's a long process for me. So washing dishes and changing sheets. I even struggle with changing the pillow case, lol.

5. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Just put the blankets on a delicate dry.
    They have stuff like that on dryers from going to delicate to heavy drying.

6. Solaris

Solaris Active Member

Oh my god, sheet changing! I hadn't thought of that one because I don't have to do it that often.
    But holy hell am I inept at putting those stupid things back on to my bed LOL.
    -attempts to stretch one end over a corner of the bed- -gets attacked by the other end instead-

7. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

Mopping...I hate dragging that thing out. I hate having to rinse the floor and I am very particular. Sooo, I do it...cursing the whole time. *sigh*

8. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

I loathe almost all household chores - particularly if it involves cleaning a mess that I didn't make... Funnily enough, doing the dishes is at the top of my 'loathe' list, yet there are occasions where I just stand at the sink, staring out the window and let my mind wander (it's such a mindless chore, I believe my mind just goes 'that's it, you're on your own, dear'). When that happens, I actually rather enjoy it... :rolleyes:

9. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Transcribing.

Transcribing.

Transcribing.

Anyone who has done it, might understand my horror.

10. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

Digging. Every year the hydrant we used to water our horses froze and we had to dig it up in the middle of the winter. Once you get past the first foot of frozen ground it's not that much harder than normal. I also had to dig a two inch deep trench to lay about a mile and a half of electric dog fence around our property. Also, digging post holes to build a corral for the horses. It was about seventy holes I think, and the ground was packed so hard that we had to wheel out five gallon jugs of water in the wheelbarrow. We would dig about two inches until the ground got too hard, fill it with water and wait for it to soak in. You could get about another two inches before you had to wait for more soaking, and they had to be about four feet deep. My brother hit a patch of dirt that was so hard he thought it was a rock.
    Then you have to go inside the corral periodically and dig up the manure. Then add on the fact that I once accidentally broke off of one of the risers in our underground sprinkler line for the hay field. (There is a six inch pipe buried in the field and at regular intervals a four inch pipe comes up above ground. That's where you attach the sprinkler line to.) The resulting twenty foot guyser made me run frantically for the shut off valve, and then I had to dig about four feet down to the main line so we could replace it. Then there's other things like moving trees, fixing the septic system, digging potatoes, ect. I hate digging.

11. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Get yourself a steam mop.
    They make your floor feel brand new.

I love steam mopping, but I hate mopping.

12. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

I was pots, I make cups of teas, I iron, I hoover, I dust, I do anything you ask me to. Except tyding my room. I detest doing it, it is such a tedious job, especially as every time I try, I have the idea of ripping everything out thinking I'll do it properlly, getting half way through and realising that I am in over my head.

I also dislike making my dads sandwiches on an evening so they are ready for work for him.

13. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I do all sorts of jobs around the house, but the one I hate the most is emptying the Dishwasher. I don't know why but this irritates me greatly.

14. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

Oh cheeses crust

anything associated with the out doors seriously

especially paving

takes..
    so..
    long..

and it's never quite level enough, it doesn't matter how accurately your measurements are and how smooth you've layered the soil, it's never quite even, and man that burns my toast

and no paving isn't your typical chore, but at the moment, we're redoing the court yard and my gosh I am over it, I swearss.

15. Scribbles

Scribbles New Member

I hate doing the dishes. More often than not, my poor husband gets suckered into doing them. I avoid them like the plague.

16. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I've just realized something people don't mind doing the really hard stuff, but the easy stuff they do mind.

17. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

this is one of my favourite jobs. The sheet attacking you is half the fun of it lol!

18. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

My girlfriend is a business girl, which makes me the chore man (oh joy). I do pretty much every chore and, of all i have only noticed two i truly hate.

1) Stuffing those dooners(sp) in their covers - you dont wanna image of how i do it, oh my god!

2) Ironing, sorry i will never ever, ever do that useless chore. HATE IT!! HATE ITTTTTT!

19. Solaris

Solaris Active Member

LOL!
    I guess it is a good way to perfect my fighting skills. :cool:

20. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I don't like folding sheets.
    They are awkard and clumsy.