1. Explosion

Explosion Guest

What is the weirdest story you ever read?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Explosion, Dec 5, 2011.

Hello. First of all I would like to say.. Hello ^^

I am new to these forums and I look forward to becoming a member of the forum community. If you don't mind, could someone just fill me in as far as some general things of the forum are concerned... i think i will get a lot more information from people then by simply looking through the forum database.

So, instead of me just posting a thread and awaiting your reply on one subject, please feel free to answer the question in the title...

What is the weirdest story you ever read?

I will tell you of my experience if you don't mind :D

In my school we have English as a second language, basically because i don't live there. So we had an assignment to write an ending for a story.
    It was about a girl who got home and she saw something truly strange. We were suppose to write an ending for that story. I personally wrote a lot of the expected. She walked into her room in front of her mirror, and as soon as she touched it it liquified and she entered and saw some strange lights and beauty, and suddenly woke up in her room without the mirror to be seen... So yeah.. that was all okay, until a friend of mine, who hardly knows any english gave me her paper so that i could check it. I started reading and it was all great... then i started to open my mouth so wide when i saw what was written. She told me she had took the paper from her old friend who had the same assignment a year ago. She had no idea what was written in it. As far as i can remember the following was written:

"She got home and saw dozens of bodies lying in the fire where her house used to stand. The bodies were everywhere, their flesh was burned, she could smell burned hair and she could see fingernails everywhere, she was disgusted"

I was like what the hell... and the funniest thing of all that, the teacher gave me her story at random, so i could read it in front of the entire class. It contained a lot more vile images, so it was really hard for me to read all that, while attempting to kick out the disturbing parts, actually it was very hard because 80% of her essay contained those parts.

Soo yeah.. that is the weirdest story i ever read. Not much but still...

Tell me of your experience! :D If you don't have the worst then gimme your.. least good story heh

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

I can't easily come up with the "weirdest" story I ever read was. I'm sure there have been many, but they don't spring to mind. The one that does spring to mind is Edgar Allan Poe's "The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar". Boy, that was strange. I haven't read it since I was a kid, but it knocked my socks off then. It's about a scientific experiment in which M. Valdemar, who is on the verge of death from tuberculosis, is hypnotized, and is kept in that hypnotic state after his body dies.

Yeesh.

3. Explosion

Explosion Guest

Wow... that sounds just as interesting as weird heh :D

4. Slinkywizard

Slinkywizard New Member

Did you ever hear the one about the Peruvian kid who grew up farming beards from spare goats? His mother had run out of eggnog and could no longer afford to feed him. So he set sail aboard the Great Moo and hit Albuquerque with a distant thunk that only a nun's teeth could hear.

No? Then you have a new weirdest story. ;)

5. spklvr

spklvr Contributor Contributor

120 days of Sodom by Marquis de Sade, written in 1785. The weirdest and most disturbing piece of literature I have ever had the misfortune of reading, and is basically about four men who sexually abuse a group of teenagers they are holding captive, and they end up just slaughtering all of them. Interesting from a psychological point of view though, but someone with an imagination as vivid as mine should stay far away.