1. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Chronicles of the Unreal, Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by lixAxil, Sep 24, 2012.

As title says, here you'll discuss anything regarding COTU II.
    Also approved characters will be listed here.
    Any doubt goes here

Also I suggest you to read the first post to have an idea of the enviroment, still you're free to interpret it the way you want to

2. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Would you perhaps be able to either describe the upright and reverse descriptions or provide a link describing them? I'm having a little trouble finding good descriptions of the reverse without them being strictly for fortune telling.

3. lixAxil

http://www.psychic-revelation.com/reference/q_t/tarot/tarot_cards/major_arcana.html

You won't find it, because it's for fortune telling, yet you must base the personality on the description of the card.

For example, The Fool would be a childlike and pure personality with traces of innocence, a new beginning. The reverse fool is also a pure childlike, but with some resistance toward the new beginning, opposition towards the way of thinking.

Still as I said it must be based, not directly taken from the Arcana, in other words you can be imaginative with this.

I'll post a character so you can use it as an example

4. lixAxil

Name: Valanthia Cifiton
    Origin : He is a citizen of Scion who left the city for unknown reasons, after five years he returned to Scion
    Objective: Will be revealed in game, he will play the role of the Seeker’s Leader
    Major Arcana: The Moon
    Upright Personality: He may look reliable to others, yet he indeed have trouble when trusting someone, even with that he tries his best; he is a person who trusts more into his own instincts than logic. Also although very talkative he tends to overthink stuff a lot, and also is very introspective
    Appearance: He has blue eyes and a long brown hair that reaches to his elbow approximately, his face and glance gives to him an stern and mature appearance. He wears a black shirt crossed by a giant white X pattern, over it a silver long jacket that reaches to his knees, his trousers also are silver, matching with the jacket and wears black shoes, he may look as a salesman at first, yet he seems to be very disordered regarding his appearance, lacking a necktie, an strange pattern on the shirt, etc. He is a big man, about 1,90 mt
    Reverse Personality: He really doesn’t trust others at all, regardless if they are allies or not, also he will move now behind any false impression given to him without really questioning if they’re certain or not
    Reverse Appearance: He throws away the jacket, his shirt is revealed to have no sleeve at all, leaving his arms completely uncovered the ones are very muscular, the trousers's color change to a black one while his hair turns completely silver and disordered. His eyes are still blue, but have some degree of shining on them
    Skills: I’ll describe them later

A tip is that you could also use the Arcana based on the plot you may plan for your character

5. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

okay...I got to thnk hard for this one. hmm...

Ah I think I may have something.

6. lixAxil

Yeah it can be a bit hard as it depends a lot of your interpretation of the Arcanas
    Still take your time, you may also decide it later and post the character for now

7. lixAxil

Name: Nadeem Belberus
    Origin : Her origin is unknown, she cames to Scion doing a delivery service from other city.
    Objective: Will be revealed in game, she will play the role of the Seed’s Leader
    Major Arcana: The Sun
    Upright Personality: She can be described as “free person”, she hates the way society works, its rules, etc. She doesn’t doubt before telling what she is thinking or feeling (despise if it’s negative or not); she may look at a very angry or sad person, yet she is usually joyful.
    Appearance: Her hair is of a natural blonde to red color, her eyes are brown, her skin color is egyptian like. She wears an sleeveless yellow shirt and red pants that although pass the knees, doesn’t reaches her ankles; she wears yellow sandals. Also on her right wrist there is a red bracelet. To end, she has a necklace with a blue jewel on her chest. 1,70 mt
    Reverse Personality: She becomes “uncontrollable” she experiences a burst of freedom, and enters into an state similar to hyperactivity, she tends to talk a lot, and move a lot. In other words, she cannot be calm if she is not doing something
    Reverse Appearance: The hair become of an intense red, her eyes golden. The bracelet on her right wrist grows covering all her right arm, thus turning it red. The yellow shirt enlarges and project two long pieces of yellow cloth on her back, as if she were to have two tails born from her shoulders.
    Skills: I’ll describe them later

8. Exzalia

LOL not quiet there yet, all I have is a concept. I'll think on it more then pm you.

9. lixAxil

People join the game!!!!!

10. lixAxil

Fool Arcana: The Fool represents innocence, divine inspiration, madness, freedom, spontaneity, inexperience, chaos, and creativity.
    Magician Arcana: The Magician Arcana is commonly associated with action, initiative, self-confidence, manipulation and power (more specifically, the power to harness one's talents.)
    Priestess Arcana: The Priestess Arcana is a symbol of hidden knowledge or other untapped power, wisdom, female mystery and magic when it appears in tarot readings.
    Empress Arcana: The Empress represents prosperity, creativity, sexuality, abundance, fertility and comfort (most often in helping maintain peace around them like an ideal mother would.)
    Emperor Arcana: The Emperor symbolizes the desire to control one's surroundings, and its appearance could suggest that one is trying too hard to achieve this, possibly causing trouble for others; some elements in life are just not controllable.
    Hierophant Arcana: The Hierophant is a symbol of education, authority, conservatism, obedience to rules and relationship with the divine. The definition of a "hierophant" is a person who interprets sacred mysteries or esoteric principles, and the term was originally used to name ancient Greek priests who did so.
    Lovers Arcana: The Lovers Arcana initially represented two paths life could lead to, and thus a symbol of standing at a crossroad and needing to make a decision. Today, however, it is portrayed more of a symbol of love and romantic relationships, although it can also be a symbol of finding agreement with an ordinary friend or even two conflicting elements within. A commonality among individuals of the Lovers Arcana is their popularity and their emphasis on social interaction
    Chariot Arcana: The Chariot Arcana is a symbol of victory, conquest, self-assertion, control, war and command.
    Justice Arcana: The Justice Arcana symbolizes a strict allegory of justice, objectivity, rationality and analysis.
    Hermit Arcana: The Hermit is associated with wisdom, introspection, solitude, retreat and philosophical searches.
    Fortune Arcana: The Fortune Arcana symbolizes Fate and varying luck, fortunes and opportunities. What goes up will go down, what goes down will go up. Bearers of the Fortune Arcana are often individuals who roll with life's punches and/or seize their own destiny, regardless of their surroundings.
    Strenght Arcana: The Strength Arcana symbolizes an imagery beyond the Beast And Beauty, and is associated with the morality about the stronger power of self-control, gentleness, courage and virtue over brute force. In tarot readings, it can also represent creative or physical energy that needs to be or is about to be unleashed, sometimes out of desire to be recognized.
    Hanged Man Arcana: The Hanged Man Arcana is associated with self-sacrifice for the sake of enlightenment, the bindings that makes one free, paradoxes and hanging between heaven and earth. Hanged Man characters may be self-sacrificial, but are more often notable for being caught between two different extremes or parties.
    Death Arcana: While it is associated with foreboding and of doom, Death Arcana also symbolizes the metamorphosis and deep change, regeneration and cycles.
    Temperance Arcana: the Temperance Arcana is a symbol of synthesis, prudence, harmony, and the merging of opposites.
    Devil Arcana: The negative aspect of the Devil Arcana represents the urge to do selfish, impulsive, violent things and be slave to ones' own impulse and feelings. Occasionally, it is also portrayed as a symbol of temptation. The positive aspect, however, represents a healthy bond or commitment.
    Tower Arcana: The Tower Arcana is commonly associated to overly arrogant, prejudiced and authoritarian organization, which walk to their own ironic demise. Furthermore, it is also more generically used as an omen of doom and disaster.
    Star Arcana: The Star Arcana is also commonly associated hope, self-confidence, faith, altruism, luck, generosity, peace and joy.
    Moon Arcana: The Moon Arcana is associated with creativity, inspiration, dreams, madness, illusions, fear, fantasy, the subconscious and trickery. In tarot readings, it can also represent being attuned subconsciously to the world around, gaining the ability to sense things without being told about them or without anyone else knowing (which means that some identify this Arcana with psychic energy).
    Sun Arcana: The Sun symbolizes happiness, joy, energy, optimism, and accomplishment. Occasionally, it is also associated with one's initial happiness.
    Judgement Arcana: Symbolizes a person's awareness of himself, and others.
    The World Arcana: The World Arcana is a representation of the world's totality, the symbol of fulfillment, wholeness, and harmony

11. lixAxil

Well, fuck it, I won't let this game die without trying xD.

I decided to remove the personality limit. So when creating characters you can have any personality you like to, easing the character creation. I didn't wanted to, as I wanted to play with the character's personalities.

I cannot remove the skill's characteristics. Because they are very important on the story. So the skills are still classified into Reality, Fiction, Combination or Anti-existence; Also the skill must be correlated or based into the chosen Arcana.

Regarding the Reverse Arcana mode. It still will be on play, and you can only play the strong skills on this mode. As the personality limit has been removed, the reverse personality is no longer dependant on the Arcana, still when playing reverse arcana mode, is still necessary to cause an alteration on the character's personality, not to the opposite personality, but to an extreme or twisted version of the personality.

To resume, you no longer need to base your personality on an Arcana's prediction. You're free with the personality.

This because many said that the character creation was complex and confusing

D:

If there is any other issue tell me. I really want to pull this

EDIT: And also if you didn't get what to do, simply introduce your character going to Scion's Capital or being a citizen of it

12. lixAxil

Ok, apparently the objective of the game is pretty unclear. So even if I hate spoilers, I'll just have to do it.

The objective of the game is to find the artifact called The Root, said artifact can materialize a crystallization of any wish, in other words it can concede a wish.
    The two parties are The Seekers and The Seeds (Your character can join any of both)
    The Seekers plan to use the Root to reconstruct the world as it was before all teh shit that will happen happens. To return it to its normality. Those like the way the world works
    The Seeds plan to use the Root to completely rewrite the world, changing the way it works, its laws, etc. Creating an ideal world, an Utopia. This because they dislike the way the world works

13. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

I'm almost finished with my character. She'll be completed either tonight or tomorrow.

14. lixAxil

First art appreciator.

15. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Name: Alexis
    Origin: A mysterious young girl that was found, abandoned in an alleyway.
    Objective: None, she barely knows who she is.
    Major Arcana: The Fool
    Upright Personality: She is highly curious and approaches everything with childlike enthusiasm. Because everything is new to her, she is often taken aback and is easily frightened.
    Appareance: A young girl with pale skin, waist-length white hair, and blue-gray eyes. She is approximately 5'3" and weighs about 110 lbs. She is currently wearing a plain gray shirt and unadorned gray pants. There is a bar-code tattooed behind her left shoulder-blade.
    Reverse Personality: She becomes much more aware of the stimuli bombarding her from all directions, and becomes much more sensitive to them. In this state, she enters a fear-induced rage during which she lashes out at anything and everything around her that draws her attention. However, if she is accompanied by someone that she is familiar with, the randomness of her attacks is removed and she becomes more able to sort out her surroundings. Yet, even when calmed, she will still lash out at opposing forces that draw her attention.
    Reverse Appareance: Bright red and blue lines glow brightly through her skin, showing up as though they were tattooed onto her. These are, in fact, simply her veins. A large violet crystal appears, slightly below the base of the front of her neck. All of the lines lead to and from it.

16. lixAxil

Advancing slowly but advancing. I hope more players join, but for now you can post the intro of your character on the RPG.

17. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

(this post was changed and moved lower down)

18. lixAxil

Good, art appreciator xD.
    But next time PM me the character before posting it, still it's approved.
    You can begin introducing your character.

19. lixAxil

Forgot to mention, you can choose your faction (Seeker or Seed) later, but I would like you to keep a balance in both parties.
    Once four players introduce themselves (I hope two for Seekers and two for Seeds),.... Real stuff will begin....

20. Keitsumah

ah sure, but i will be changing Jaharra appearance a bit -i don't like the icy look now so i'll just advance her killer look. I'll do it later a si am at school and am limite dot computer access.

21. Keitsumah

Name: Jaharra

Origin: Found in a bar in Scion taking odd jobs as a bounty hunter

Objective: Seeking a way to find a meaning or purpose in her life (in short she is bored with her current lifestyle)

Arcana: The Chariot

Upright Personality: Cautious but strong-willed, and willing to fight for what she believes is right. This sometimes makes it hard for her to come to a decision, but in the end she chooses the one that would best serve everyone. Overall, she is a "All for one and one for all" girl.

Appearance: Tall, slender woman with long raven-black hair and forbidding red eyes. She has lightly tanned skin, wearing a leather jacket over a pale grey t-shirt and combat pants and boots.

Reverse Personality: Becomes very violent and is still strong-willed, but the bad thing is that she is willing to pick a fight with anyone. She oftentimes doesn't make decisions based on the others benefits on the whole, but does things all for herself in order to keep herself safe. Overall, she is a "Every man/woman for himself/herself" girl.

Reverse Appearance: Tall, slender shape as before, but her hair shortens into a ragged mane with red streaks mixed in and her eyes darken to a blood-red. Her skin becomes deathly pale with scars covering her neck and arms, and her leather garb changes to a skimpy mix of a leather tunic and rusted armor shoulder plates with her combat pants changing to tight leggings stained by blood. Blades jut out from beneath her wrists like implanted Katanas- so it becomes impossible to knock her swords out of her hands.

22. lixAxil

Gotcha xD

23. lixAxil

Ok, now the objective of teh game is more clear. Also the limitations based on Arcana for personality had been removed giving you free choice of personality. Regarding the arcanas a brief explanation is done at the end of the thread.

24. Exzalia

first name: Anie

last name: Mo

race: human

Tarrot card: Temprance

arcana power: Anie soul is two entities, one wishes to create and protect, the other wishes to destroy. Balancing them so she doesn't follow one extreme is a frequent challenge for her. In battle they manifest themselves as shadows, one of light and one of darkness, her abilities change depending on which one manifests the strongest. She has no control over which one does though, She can either create shields, heal if the light is in control, in this case she is unable to attack.

If the black shadow is stronger it will destroy slash and burn but will be unable to protect her or anyone else. Achieving balance is key.

Personality traits: Anie swing between extremes depending on the state of her soul, if on the light side she can be very kind, calm and helpful.
    If on the dark side she will be cold, mean spirited but cunning. It's not unusual for her to swing between extremes which often leaves her frustrated and confused. This also makes her quiet lonely because people avoid her do to her weirdness

history: Her parents gave her up when her powers began to affect her wildly, she was put into foster care where she was never adopted. She soon fled from that care instead listening to the counsel of the light and shadow in her head, directing her as to what to do. Often the though sides would bicker more than giude however leaving her lost and usually confused.

Reverse Arcana mode: Part of her hair goes white, the other part goes black same with the colour in her eye's the two opposites merge into one shadow and in this mode she is in complete control, calm and collected, but willing to do what it takes the two side forming together may her act like a completely different person. In this form her abilities get enhanced her and she can use all her abilities when she wishes, both creating and destroying, protecting and burning. She is in complete balance.

appearance: She is 15 years old with black hair pale skin and a general confused look. She wears a school uniform that she ran away with, the only things she owns. The uniform is a black skirt with a white short sleeved shirt

other info: There's a secret to her name

25. lixAxil

<GOOD> Awesome character.

Now I need one more to start this game.