Chronicles of the Unreal. Part II: Cocoon of Dreams.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by lixAxil, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

"Blood-Rage!" Jaharra bellowed and slashed her heated blades at the water, instantly evaporating it as she jumped back a fair distance form the man. How had he survived...?

2. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

"Do you feel fear?" Whispered the man in the ear of Jaharra. In just an instant he covered the meters that separated them. Right after that he raised his right arm and sended a fierce blow against the chest of the girl. The real intention of the blow though wasn't to cause her external damage, but for the impact to move to the internal organs. She recently used a Nero type skill, making her extremely vulnerable against the Bianco. He hoped for this hit to connect and to be enough to let the woman, whom he considered the most dangerous, unconscious.

The real weak point of humans, is the fear in their minds... The most useful tactic against them, is to squeeze that fear out.
    Although usually a quiet person, that was the philosophy of the man regarding humans. Of course this not only applied to battle, but to all.

3. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Anie

"It's indeed very unfortunate that your kick didn't kill me." Anie moaned in a cold emo voice, struggling to stand. "Though while it is unfortunate for me seeing as life s but suffering, It's doubly unfortunate for you."

While the man was speaking of fear to the other woman, Shadow stretched out his arm which turned pointy and sharp, it slashed for the mans back. Shadow was the energy of destruction, opposite to creation. As such any wounds inflicted by shadow resisted healing by a great degree.

She was like a direct counter for him.

4. lixAxil

Battle: The man of the white coat.

So the fist of the man was about to connect with the chest of Jaharra, when the voice of a girl reached his ear as if it were to be interrupting his attack.

"It's indeed very unfortunate that your kick didn't kill me."

And then his back was pierced by shadow like energy.... Shadow that could inflict physical damage?? the man wondered if the girl realized how her actions challenged physics.... yet does that matter at this point?.

The man was weakened, and although he regained his confidence for a moment, it still was too early to claim victory. The wound was regenerating, but with an slow pace than before.

He regained his composture and said. "Enough of games... I'll go serious with all of you this time"

On his hand, from nowhere a sword materialized.... it was a sword of two colors, while it was black, it was white at the same time; but it wasn't as if it were to be decorated with the two colors, no, the whole sword indeed was of one color, however those who saw at it could saw on it two different existences.

Quickly the sword turned completely white, while the man dashed at the girl called Anie, ready to mercilessly rip her appart...

But his attack didn't connect. It was stopped.... by a pilar of white light shaped as a sword. And said pilar came from a real sword. Valanthia ran to the truck while the man was distracted by the other's attacks and picked a sword, then again an unexplainable event occured. The sword itself reflected the sunlight, and said reflection became a blade itself; so similar at how Anie created a physical imposibilitie with the shadow. Valanthia created a physical imposibility with the sunlight's reflection, as if his sword were to be the moon that reflects the sunlight on the night. And this was large enough just like an extension of his sword, allowing him to parry the attack of the man from meters of distance.

The man tried to jump back, yet Valanthia's threw a second fierce slash that rip the left arm of the man, said arm went flying leaving a trace of blood behind it, and ended on the top of a tree.

"You....how could you?..." Without a doubt the man ran to the tree, trying to grab his arm to join it back to his body, however he was stopped by a fierce barrage of bullets from Nadeem, this time however she wasn't holding a gun, but a machinegun on her hands.

"Just die already!!!" screamed, "What are you? a zombie?"

5. tacoshack18

tacoshack18 Active Member

Geos quickly strafes across the tree as he jumps up dodging a majority of the rocks one but one is able strike him in the chest which causes him to lose balance and fall back down the to ground. ring of dust surrounds him as his body quickly rolls back on his side and gets to cover behind another fallen tree. Breathing heavily he tries to come up with another plan after what he witness from the man in white. He looks down at his hand and notices that light construct was missing but as soon as the thought runs in of where it went it quickly reforms feeling the weight of his weapon again eases his pain. " Heh..I think I can do a little better" He quickly glances over the fierce battle far from from him, the man in white was having some trouble with his opponents " I think..." he quickly tightens his grip on his weapon " 5 shots think I can make them count" He quick aims at the severed arm " If I can keep him from attaching it for a bit.." he again squeezes the trigger and shoots 2 of the same light constructs as before. He quickly re aims and shots 3 more shots at the man in whites legs and hand.

6. lixAxil

Battle: The man of the white coat.

So as previously narrated the man of the white coat was suddenly stopped by a barrage of bullets fired from a machinegun wielded by Nadeem. However this man wasn't normal, when his blade became black it was able to deny Bianco type attacks, such as the bullets, and then with an abnormal speed he quickly parried the bullets from the machinegun while trying to step aside from Nadeem's range. Even with only one arm he was able to wield the sword with such mastery.

And then... Surprise!!!, two shots one for every leg of the man pierced him, due to this he fell over his knees, and then he noticed it, there was a man hid on the trees he was also the responsible of the bullet that pierced him on his flank. How careless of the man for not noticing him, at least now he was sure of his presence. Quickly he raised his remaining arm at him while wielding the sword and fired a burst of flames against the trees, burning them and hoping for the man to be burn into this hell.

Yet this ignited the rage of Valanthia even more, if it weren't by the quick reflexs of the man, the reflection sword would had severed his head, just the same that with Jaharra's attack.

7. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Rattled

The girl was paralyzed with fear. The man in the white coat was unstoppable, immortal, invincible. No matter how hard they tried, they could never hope to defeat him. It was hopeless, they were doomed.

The girl fell to her knees, tears cutting lines through the grime on her face. She knew that they would die here and now at this man's hands, it was only a matter of time. She looked up as the others continued to fight, their attacks fueled by rage and determination. This was a breaking point: she could give in to the despair gnawing at the edges of her heart, or she could choose to fight with the same conviction possesed by the others. The voice in her head answered for her.

"FIGHT!"

The girl stood up and glared at the man in the white coat, hatred twisting her face into a snarl. She charged at him, her shield in front of her, ready to bash into him. Meanwhile, the two spears, held aloft by Subcon Aid (minor), were poised above her and angled downwards, like scorpion tails, ready to strike at the man once he came within her range.

8. Exzalia

Shadow Anie saw her chance, the man was getting quickly outnumbered, she would seal his defeat. Another slash with shadow this time aimed at the mans remaining arm. If she could cut it off he would have no means of fighting, and the energy of destruction would prevent effective healing.
    Shadow shot forward his face twisted with an insane desire to destroy yelling. "Did someone order destruction with a side of mutilation! Cause I'm delivering both!"
    Anie smirked, "Yes, inflcting pain is very sweet indeed. If there is a heaven I hope that's all we do."

9. Keitsumah

Jaharra dodged out of the way just as the man's fist would have come in contact with her chest -but what he hadn't realized was that she had no fear in her. He had simply been looking at the flickering image of the hologram she had dropped to distract him.

"Blood-Rage!" she bellowed again, her swords glinting with a ruby light as she hacked and slashed wildly, moving in unpredictable waves like a striking snake. Slashing at his neck again, she seemed to be using the same tactic as before -but it was only the beginning of it.

"The ones who cross me never survive -why do you think i am called Heart-Render?" she hissed lowly then sizzored her swords into his chest, and with a quick flick of her wrists had torn his heart out.

"If you get up from that, i'll give you my respect -but that doesn't mean i won't give up." she finished as his body landed with a thump on the ground -both heart and head severed.

Tossing his heart into the air, she sliced her heated blades wildly and turned it into dust.

10. lixAxil

Nothing to gain... everything to lost.

A fierce combat had unleashed in the Park of the dead flowers…. And really the name fit that place now; a post-apocalyptic environment was created in less than five minutes, an air contaminated with a crimson color, people unconscious in the floor, blood spread all over the place, flowers and trees some burning others completely ruined; even this small remain of Scion wasn’t totally free of the carnage that the city suffered.

Six against one. Six people against one single man, and even with that, the six were at disadvantage.

A teenage girl tackled him with a shield, the man was ready to slash him with his sword, however….. two spears skewered him right into the shoulders, as if it were to be two tails from the same scorpion; yes, that man didn’t looked at the teenager as an inexperienced child, but instead as a dangerous, poisonous scorpion; son instinctively he jumped back to keep his distance.

But that was a mistake, and he acknowledged it when his remaining arm was ripped off by the shadows of the other girl… “S***” exclaimed the man while his arm flied gripping the sword in hand; said sword vanished without leaving trace, as if it could only exists while being wielded by the man.

And this wasn’t the end, again the woman severed his head, that dangerous woman that fought as fiercely as a mantis, the man noticed it, yet he couldn’t do anything without both of his arms. And to make sure, the woman removed the heart from his body using her blades.

A perfect combination, a perfect checkmate, the body without arms, without his head and without a heart fell into the floor anew.

However the horror showed in the face of the fighters… when the body raised anew. Using his legs it kicked the floor, forcing the earth to move under his will, and pushing with it the parts of his body that were scattered, using the wind this time her rejoined them again into his body. That body had a head, and arms again covered by blood. Last it was the heart, however the man just walked toward it and stepped over the heart, he really didn’t care about his own heart??? No, the real question… He was still alive even after all that?

The man took a quick glance at his appearance, covered with blood and his clothes completely ripped.
    “Tch… I’ll have to go buy some clothes again” exclaimed, without really caring about the battle.
    He then turned his head to the sky while he thought scratching his head.
    I’ve wasted too much time here…. I really should learn to control my behavior sometimes.
    And then he faced the citizens…
    “You were lucky, I have to go for now…… By the way…. Don’t think on following me, I don’t suggest you to mess with those that you don’t understand”
    After that he raised a hand, as if it were to be a goodbye, yet a mocking at the same time. And he ran away from them, his body got lost into the trees and later into the remains of Scion.

Could this be called a victory?
    Those were the thoughts inside Valanthia’s mind. After that he looked at his wrists, the discs there slowly disappeared now that the battle ended. What happened to us…. What are we know? A bunch of freaks?....

Nadeem meanwhile fell over her knees watching at the empty sky through the stagnant red air…. For some minutes until she suddenly laughed to herself and then she spoke… not to the others… not to herself…. But to the emptiness of the sky…
    “Hah! Ironic isn’t it?.... this whole city got destroyed… in our panic we thought nothing else but to kill the responsible… such act…. So without anything to rely on we return to our primitive’s instinct… we indeed knew that it wouldn’t be of any help to kill the man… Scion was already condemned…. I really don’t care about this city, yet all the people that were sacrificed… and we don’t even know why?. Hahahaha, and we still followed our instincts and hit the first thing we saw as if it were to make it all work…. We’re such animals!!!” Screamed with fury and then the tears flowed on her face, she disconsolately cried while tearing pieces of the ground under her knees.

Valanthia was as shocked as her… yet the first thing he asked was.
    “What was that man??.... it didn’t had logic at all….”

11. Exzalia

Hah! Ironic isn’t it?.... this whole city got destroyed… in our panic we thought nothing else but to kill the responsible… such act…. So without anything to rely on we return to our primitive’s instinct… we indeed knew that it wouldn’t be of any help to kill the man… Scion was already condemned…. I really don’t care about this city, yet all the people that were sacrificed… and we don’t even know why?. Hahahaha, and we still followed our instincts and hit the first thing we saw as if it were to make it all work…. We’re such animals!!!”

"Well no shit woman what else were we to do? The only other productive choice would be to kill ourselves. Seeing as scion and everything we love has been stomped on by cruel heartless fate, and possibly the world is now destroyed."
    Anie sat down acheing all over.

"So here is our options, we go after him, we stay here, or we suicide. I vote suicide, if we go after him we die, and if we stay here we die slowly. It's a no brainer if you ask me."

12. tacoshack18

Sees some of the connect to its intended target he lightly smiles to himself until suddenly it fades way as Geos eyes meet the man in white eyes. dumbfounded while starting back at he man he can feel his anger surge across to Geos his reflexes quickly kick in and jumps back as the tree he was using for cover is set blaze retreating back he quickly lands back on the ground witnessing the bizarre event of the man losing almost all of his limbs but continues to move. But just as it seemed that the monster will have his way he retreats as the group fighting him gaze up and try to figure out what to do next.

Geos stands up and looks toward the group he doesn't know what to do next, he tries to make sense of what just happen now it seems like its something out of a fantasy. In one second he was living in the city normally then the next he was able to move and jump faster and higher then he ever thought possible. Not only that he saw the face of a true monster. Lost in thought he keeps his distance from the main group.

13. lixAxil

The Root

All of them were tired, sad, wasted at this moment…. Valanthia recall the words of that girl that got angry when she got wet with cold soda.

Stay here and die….

Pursue the man, a futile idea, that won’t return Scion…

Suicide… the best option according to her.

In Valanthia’s man, there was also the option to go to other city and live there…. He doubted that this could extend more than the city…. That man was abnormal, but there were for sure limitations at what he can do. However… would that be the same that ran away from fate?

Then he suddenly wondered first… why they were alive, when most people were lying on the floor, second why did they gained strange skills?.
    He counted the people, there was the crazy girl, the woman, the girl of the truck, another girl more the one with the shield, and a man that for some reason kept his distance.

Valanthia stood up and wandered as if he were to be lost at all. Yet he wasn’t lost… well he couldn’t be lost at this point, still his destination was clear… he went to the back of the star monument. The man saw something there before speaking about the destroyed city.

He saw the fragments of a crystal.. Huh? I don’t recall this being here
    Then his eyes widened when he saw an scripture carved into the back part of the stone… he was sure that it wasn’t there before.. and after reading it, Valanthia understood it.

“Hey guys!!!” screamed to the survivors that fought against the man.
    “This was the reason!, this explains what happened here!, Just when did this appear? Was it work of that weird man?”

All of them curious got close to the stone, and then… they read the words carved on the monument.

Thou who seek for the point of Origin

Know that is thy fault the condemnation of this land.

Know that is thy fault for this fate to cross through all the corners of this world.

Know that thy journey is a horrible one. Thy journey is a futile one.

Yet thou shall continue seeking for the Root. Thou already gave birth to the end.

Thou shall travel to the palace of dreams, where the Root thou seek for rests.

Oh the Root, point of origin, manifestation of dreams.

Though a legend it is, certain is, the Root any wish shall concede.

Even restoring this world leadeth to a cruel fate by thy actions.

Even planting a new seed for this world to grow anew.

Even removing it all, leading it all to naught.

Even becoming the god that will reign overall.

Such is the power of the Root that thou seek for.

But be warned anew, this journey is a horrible, a futile one, filled with suffering, filled with pain.

And after that, an awkward silence covered them, as if time itself were to had been stopped.

The thoughts in Valanthia's mind regarding this were
    Seek for the Root... and reconstruct Scion.... could that be done?... we could bring back our normal lifes again

The thoughts in Nadeem's mind regarding this were
    Plant a seed... that will give birth to a new world.... that would be perfect to erase the hypocrisy

14. Exzalia

"....suicide it is then!" Anie said after reading the strange carvings. "Even the rock thinks life is meaningless, smart rock, very smart rock." She plopped back down sighing to her self. mumbleing sad memories.

15. Keitsumah

"You won't be doing that if i can help it, girl." Jaharra muttered as she reverted back to her original form, the blood staining her outfit lost in the black garments she now wore. "That is what happens when those kinds of things rise...in fact i'm shocked we survived. They almost never show mercy..."

"But what does this mean? Reconstruct Scion? Plant seeds? Nothing will be the same either way we do it no matter what we try!" she said, her red eyes glinting. Her body shook with anger. Not even she could bring down that man...one of the monsters that had destroyed her family...

Sheathing her dagger, she strode over to Nadeem and pulled her up roughly by the forearm. "Nothing good will come of us staying here -I suggest we make camp somewhere where we can find food an water then discuss this further."

Looking at the others with an unspoken challenge in her eyes, she started off in the direction of the setting sun.

16. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Confusion

The girl stood, confused and dumbstruck at the events that had just transpired.

"Thou who seek for the point of Origin . . ."

As the words inscribed upon the statue were read, a little more of the fog left the girl's brain. She remembered~

" . . . But be warned anew, this journey is a horrible, a futile one, filled with suffering, filled with pain."

The girl jerked her head up as the verse finished, coming out of her daze. She looked around at the mixed expressions of her companions, then sighed.

"....suicide it is then! Even the rock thinks life is meaningless, smart rock, very smart rock."

The girl looked at the speaker and frowned.

"Life isn't meaningless. It's something precious. If it weren't, would any of us have fought so hard to stay alive? Also, I have a feeling that rocks can't think."

The girl watched as another of her companions began to walk off.

"I think that we should follow," she spoke as she trotted after the woman. Unbeknownst to her, the twin spears that she had used earlier, still soaked in blood, were still floating behind her. They seemed to motion the others to follow.

17. lixAxil

Nadeem Belberus.

Nadeem carefully read the scriptures, and then she said

"I'm worried about these two lines,
    Know that is thy fault the condemnation of this land.
    Know that is thy fault for this fate to cross through all the corners of this world."

What I can interpret is that, whatever that man did caused the condemnation of this land, in other words the destruction of Scion, and then it says that the same fate will cross through all the corners of this world."

She took a deep breath and then said

"Does this means that soon or late, the world will be kinda...destroyed?"

However deep inside the mind of Nadeem there was an slight, yet important doubt.

"Why was this thing that could trigger the end of the world precisely here in Scion, on this monument??"

18. Exzalia

"Life isn't meaningless. It's something precious. If it weren't, would any of us have fought so hard to stay alive? Also, I have a feeling that rocks can't think."

"Speak for you self, I didn't fight because I wanted to live, if that were the case I would have done nothing, I fought because I hated him and wanted to make him suffer. But he's gone now so what's the point? fighting him isn't going to bring the world back. Although presueing an immortal monster is sort of like suicide so I guess we could do it."

19. tacoshack18

Drawn to the crystal Geos examines the scriptures embedded into them. He continues to read him to himself over and over trying to make sense of what they exactly mean. He soon notices the rest of the survivors surrounding the crystal structure..."What am I do.." What was the purpose of all of this he thought to himself to destroy and to recreate" The root.." he loses himself in thought as he gazes back at the crystal.

20. lixAxil

Name.

Valanthia still atonished by the words carved listened to the words of Jaharra

"Nothing good will come of us staying here -I suggest we make camp somewhere where we can find food an water then discuss this further."

Where could we get food, all was destroyed....
    yet he noticed that an small portions of buildings around the park still existed.... perhaps they could just go and steal everything they found on them.

"Jaharra is right.... let's check the stores that still exists, some food could be there...."

And then he gasped once he noticed something important... the six survivors were all complete unknown people between them

"Oh!! right... what are your names? I'm called Valanthia Citifon, I'm from... well this ruined city..."

Nadeem naturally answered to that question revealing her own name

"My name is Nadeem Belberus, I'm from Eddelfent city.... it isn't far from Scion... but it isn't a nice place. How about the rest?"

21. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

"Oh!! right... what are your names? I'm called Valanthia Citifon, I'm from... well this ruined city..."

The girl stopped and scratched her head, causing a bit of dirt to shake loose and fall to the ground.

"ALEXIS," the voice in the girl's head spoke.

"I think that my name is . . . Alexis, and I have no idea where I'm from. The last thing that I can remember is waking up in an alley to the smell of blood and garbage. I think somebody was killed right before I became cognizant. I would ask if any of you knew what was going on, but I think that this may be one moment when everyone else is just as confused as I am."

22. Exzalia

"I'm Anie Mo I'm from a place called sucks ass and currently don't have a home." she sighs. "I don't have anything, so I guess I'll become a bum with you guys."

awkward silence followed.
    Anie nudged closer to Valanthia though her face didn't change.

23. lixAxil

Over the hills and far away.

Far away from Scion, at enough distance to not be caught in the destruction of the city, over a hill, there were five figures, in this moment they were talking… their conversation was like this.

A soft voice inquired, “Hey brother, are they still fighting him?”

A male deep voice of a figure holding a pair of binoculars answered. “It ended, but no one died, he ran away, hehehe, so typical of him”

A female voice asked this time, “So Scion was destroyed, well it had to happen after all; how much time will take for the process to extend all over the world?”

Another female voice answered this one with a tone of authority over the rest, “It’s unknown indeed, but before the end of the year I’m sure that all will be vanished.”

A male voice, more young different than the first inquired. “I wonder what mother will do about this… even us the sons don’t have idea. Hey sis, do you know what could it be? You’re the most close to mother after all”.

The same female voice with the authority tone answered. “Who knows?, even if I’m the closer to mother is impossible for me to know what’s going on. “

The deep voice of the one who probably was an adult man softly laughed and then said. “Mother is whimsical, either wished for this or not, still will always know what to do, I even think that mother considered the possibility of the survivors to the incident. But as sister said, we cannot know what is mother thinking, it’s beyond our comprehension”

The female voice exclaimed, “Ok, I think we should start moving, it’s of no use to observe the situation anymore, after all the process of election is about to begin. Remember the plan, we’ll assume our positions according to it”

And then the others followed her orders, apparently she was the leader of them. Just what were they plotting? It was sure that they had some relationship to Scion’s destruction, but were they with it, or against it?

24. tacoshack18

He snaps out of his trance after he hears the question he refocuses on the people surrounding him. He never met any of them and some of them seem to have the abilities that would seem to some as inhuman. He thinks to himself for a second before he replies " Smith.. just Smith...I'm also from what ever remains of this place " he felt comfortable giving a fake name then giving his own real one to these people.

25. lixAxil

The desicion.

The survivors introduced themselves. The man that loved Scion was called Valanthia, the crazy girl, Anie, the man who kept distance from them, Smith, the girl with the truck Nadeem, the strange girl Alexis, and although the woman didn’t really introduced herself, Valanthia had pronounced her name before, Jaharra.

And regarding this last one, her idea was pretty much the only thing they could do…. It was ironic, they didn’t know each other, they had seen their faces just this day, still, there were no one else to trust on this desolated Scion.

So they started to move, with the exception of two…. Valanthia and Nadeem. Both were although separated immersed into deep though. A silence filled the empty space between both of them. It seemed like not even wind could enter into this desolated Scion. So nothing could distract them… however even with that, even with the most fierce hurricane, no one would disturb them. They were in deep thought, and this deep thought of them attracted the others survivors. Just what were they thinking?. Had they found anything valuable on this desolated Scion???

At last the silence was broken by the voice of Valanthia.

“Hey…. This weird man…. Really destroyed a city …. Just for the sake of finding this Root no?”

As if it were to be a theater play Nadeem continued.

“Ironically, these words were precisely on Scion’s monument…. Does this mean that someone planned all this from time ago?”

Valanthia continued.

“Yeah… so all the time was Scion just hiding the secret of the Root?... if that’s the case, then why didn’t the Park got destroyed together with the city, eliminating all evidence?”

Nadeem followed him

“The reason is simple…. This was done for the person who caused this to be the only one to get the information, reason why all the rest fainted or were killed… In other words…. This monument chose those who could get the Root….”

“To resume….”

“To resume….”

Both voices matched perfectly, they exclaimed what both had in mind at this moment.

“We must seek for this Root…. And concede our wish!!!!”

All fell into silence. That was indeed a risky idea, following something that was uncertain. However their analysis was pretty smart, the Root could be real, if all that protection was required for it.

Both showed their smiles at the idea…. However said smile would break soon.

“We could use the Root to… reconstruct Scion, no, impede the destruction of the world and reconstruct all that is already destroyed, return it to how it was before. If the Root can concede any wish, then it could even bring back those who died!!!” Exclaimed Valanthia excited for this possible quest.

Yet the voice of Nadeem cut through his excitement as a cold blade.

“Reconstruct the world? Are you serious?”

Valanthia didn’t understood what was talking Nadeem about. She continued then
    “What… if we forget about this world” Nadeem’s eyes shone, after all she found what she had been seeking for so long time, an opportunity to redo it all

“It clearly says that it can plant a new world. We should do that… we could create an Utopia, free of hierarchy, free of rules, free of injustice, free of all the hypocrisy, a world in the one no one would be sad at all!!!”

She saw at the eyes of the others in excitement, as if her word were to be the complete truth. However Valanthia didn’t liked this idea.
    “What? Create an Utopia? That’s impossible, even if the Root can recreate the world then how do you expect to create an imposiblity? Humans aren’t made to live in an utopic world. Also via wishing that you’re not only denying the possibility to resurrect all those that died… but also risking our own lifes in entering into a more uncertain world!!” Said Valanthia

“It still would be better than this world, I prefer to take the risk that continue living here!!!” Exclaimed Nadeem with fury.

And then they argued for a long time, both exposing the pros of their own ideals, and exposing the cons of the other’s ideals.

At last they agreed in something though. It was unfair for only one of them to decide what to do, so they inquired to the other four.
    “So… what do you prefer? Seeking for the reconstruction? Or planting a seed for a new different world??!!!”

Return all to normality.... or morph all into a new existence.... both were dangerous choices.... the fate of the world indeed rested in the shoulders of the survivors