1. astro

astro New Member

Ciao, hello, etc!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by astro, Nov 23, 2014.

Hi everyone, I'm Astro, I currently live in Italy but will be going home to the UK in a matter of weeks (ugh, long story, don't ask). I am 22, I like animals more than most people, and ancient history is my passion.

I like writing, obviously, but with a ~magical realism~ slant. I usually write short stories, though I have been known to get carried away and suddenly a novella appears. Poetry happens rarely, but it does happen. I studied creative writing at university but I got pretty tired of 'studying' writing in an academic way; I prefer to look at it like an art.

Anyway, that's far too much for now! Looking forward to chatting with you all!

2. frinkprofessor

frinkprofessor New Member

That's very cool that you can write short stories. Honestly, I have the hardest time. I remember in school when I was a kid, we wrote stories, short ones, and the average one ended up being around 15 pages. Mine was 45. Fortunately, my teacher loved it, so I didn't have to cut it down too much, but they had to order a certain type of book spine for me to get mine published in, haha.

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi Astro, welcome again to the forum. Italy, huh. I've been there but don't think I'll be going back until they get their satanic ritual murder problem under control. ;)

Amanda Knox is from my neck of the woods. And for the record, there's no way she or her boyfriend were involved in her roommate's murder so I hope you aren't on the "Friends of Kercher" team. It's so sad, the whole mess has so many victims besides Meredith. :(

4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Astro, and welcome to the forum!

Here's our New Member Quick Start Guide to get you started. You're a short story writer? That's cool. :) We host a bi-weekly short story competition here, if you're interested. :)

See you around!

-Kat

5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

6. Savila93

Savila93 Member

hello