1. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Clan of the Cave Bear

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Steerpike, Sep 21, 2010.

I looked at this book a few times over the years but never read it because I didn't think it would be that well researched, for some reason. Not sure where I got the impression.

Anyway, an anthropologist recently recommended it to me and told me it was well done, so I picked it up. I'm about 1/3 of the way in and it is quite good.

Anyone know if the rest in the series are any good? I've heard the movie is crap...thoughts on that?

2. digtersvrou

digtersvrou Member

The Earth's Children series is one of my all time favourites. If you think the first is well researched, you'll love the second and third.
    The last book, stone something or the other, did not grip me as much as its predecessors.

I'm not a huge fan of Jean Auel's writing style, but the series is something every person should read if you're into history especially.

Glad you enjoying it.

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I've read them all as well. They get a bit tedious after a few books. There's a bit more sex in them than would seem necessary (Trust me. Prude, I am not) and I found after a while that Auel was rehashing and recycling a good bit of her own work in subsequently released novels in the series.

4. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Thanks Wreybies. I will keep that in mind. I am enjoying the first one so far.