Cliche war

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Scarlett_156, Oct 26, 2008.

1. sophie.

sophie. New Member

The main character in a thriller can NEVER ever die. (because without them, the story dies too.)

Although they are really just your average Joe (honest!) they miraculously can scale buildings, save lives, understand nuclear physics in a hearbeat, and empathise with anyone less fortunate/magnificent (hang on, they're an Average Joe!) as they undoubtably are.

Another one -
    'character thinks she is hideous. "Why, oh WHYYY aren't I gorgeous like all the other girls???" Halfway through, every male within 20 metres can't drag their eyes away.'

Or the obvious, 'girl-meets-boy-at-school. They so totally hate each other to pieces. After 200 pages of hating each other, they are together.'

2. jonijo1993

jonijo1993 New Member

Beautiful New Zealand, when not in my own imaginin
    The most amazingly hot and popular guy falls for the ONE GIRL who isn't totally in love with him. Of course, she does fall madly in love with him in the end, and all the other girls get jealous.

3. sophie.

sophie. New Member

In an alternative world (preferably involving lots of mythical creatures and characters with 'exotic' names), a young man/woman finds a prophecy.
    Their magical world is in trouble from a tyrant king/invasion and they are the only ones who can save it. On the way (quest) they find a few faithful companions and a beautiful princess/handsome herd boy to fall in love with.
    Against impossible odds, they triumph and live happily ever after. Until the sequel....

4. Moira

Moira New Member

Girl falls for vampire, vampire doesn't want to hurt girl, they're together for eternity. (It's so popular now. Lol.)

5. lilix morgan

lilix morgan Member

Girl is drop dead gorgeous, totally unobtainable. Guy thinks she's amazingly hot, and pursues her. After some little fights, lack of witty conversations, and intensive scenes involving little to no chemistry, they fall for each other and live happily ever after.

6. sophie.

sophie. New Member

Haha...you forgot 'girl cannot function without vampire to hold her hand..in fact she practically kills herself through her own spasticness, which is supposed to be cute'

7. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

Boy meets girl. Boy falls in love, but doesn't want to tell gril. Girl is oblivious. Badguy kidnaps/harms girl. Boy rescues her, and she realizes that she DOES love him.

8. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

Chuck Norris. Roundhouse kicking something.

9. jonijo1993

jonijo1993 New Member

Beautiful New Zealand, when not in my own imaginin
    Girl pretendsto be boy for whatever reason. While in disguise, meets and falls in in love with totally hot guy. Hot guy meanwhile thinks that "he" is just a friend. Meanwhile, his crush may fall in love with disguised girl. All is revealed, awkward moment follows, hot guy realizes he was in love with the girl in disguise the entire time. *phew*

10. Moira

Moira New Member

The *phew* at the end cracked me up! Lol.

The alphebet always ends with Z and starts with A. So predictable.

11. lilix morgan

lilix morgan Member

Very true, and also very hilarious.

Vampires are just evil, soulless monster who just want to be good and live with humans.

12. themotions

themotions New Member

A dashing young man arrives at a beach out of breath where he approaches a girl sitting on a dune staring off into the sunset, "I thought I'd find you here" he whispers into her ear. She turns around and with a teary smile hugs her soul mate. Cue "linger" by the cranberries as they attempt a passionate kiss that looks more like a struggle to eat each others faces.:p

13. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

There was a king, he had a queen. Both of them died, and thats the The End-come back for more friends.

14. lilix morgan

lilix morgan Member

Princess is captured, held against her will by an evildoer. At the end either...

A: Princess falls for her capturer, seeing that he's just got some issues, that's all.

or.

B: Prince from the lands no-one knows of comes and saves her, they're instantly in love, marry, and live happily ever after.

15. Chaoslogic

Chaoslogic Member

After discovering an ancient sword in the forest one day, my beloved peasent village is set on fire by an archrival military general who just happened to be passing by.

I travel to the nearest town of Nearhill with my wise best friend, where I rescue Princess Locket from the clutches of the Baron Goldmine; she was trapped in a secret stone lair at the end of a dark hallway behind the center bookshelf in the office of the town's mansion. Baron Goldmine was not your typical greedy goldmine baron; he had "not been quite himself" for a while and had been spending "a lot of time alone in the study". When we found them, Baron Goldmine was about to sacrifice her to a demon god. Instead of finishing the ritual, he transforms into a monster. We kill Goldmine and leave promptly without questioning our morals or stealing his estate. Killing people is okay so long as they are deformed and not beautiful; but stealing is murder and so is taking advantage of vulnerable, beautiful vixens.

The Princess reveals that the ancient sword is actually the fearsome Sword of Plot Advancement and that its latent power is equal to +1 over everything else. Out of a scale between one and ten, its an eleven (hundred). She is also a princess from a forgotten royal lineage of ancients that once ruled the world; the sword is a holy heirloom of the royal family that was used by the royal guardians to render love and justice in the name of the moon for peaceful peace.

The Princess urges them to travel to the nearby fortified City of Four Corners, where the guards practice a no questions asked policy and are there to let in dangerous travellers but keep out the easily-defeatable monsters. Along the way, they meet a shady travelling merchant who just happens to be going in the same direction they are.

There, they speak to the Old Sage of Wise Ages, where they learn that the lock-shaped pendant of Princess Locket is the key to unlocking the destiny of the planet. To activate it, they need to requisition four colored jewels of power conveniently hidden in four obvious trial zones. It makes perfect sense!

Except that the Evil Empire of Evil has learned of the details and plans to stop them. Emperor Nameless wastes no time summoning his four elemental generals whom are quick to quarrel amongst themselves. Instead of sending them all out at once, he sends the weakest and least capable to test them.

The three amigos plus the suspicious travelling merchent pick up an annoying mascot along the way to the Earth Cave. When they reach it, they discover that the cave is nothing more than a straight passageway to a mystical chamber containing the crystal. When they run down the hallway, they fall through a small, square trapdoor into a cavernous maze of puzzles, pitfalls, and traps. Narrowly escaping death with many bruises, they enter the chamber to find the Earth General waiting for them. There's no time to ponder how he got there before them or why he's in perfect health. All the heroes know is that the army of zombie-ninja-pirates he just summoned out of thin air must be destroyed -- with knuckles; a rusty, awkward claymore; and a ribbon whip -- while the suspicious travelling merchant cowers in a corner with his stockpile of ammunition, potions, and longswords. The Earth General watches from a distance, knowing his invincible army cannot be defeated. It is. Somehow. Then he does what any other sensible Earth General in his place would do: he transforms into a pile of crap and gets set on fire by the most powerful fire spell in the Princess' magical prism power arsenal. Forget the match.

...should I continue?

16. sophie.

sophie. New Member

^Um that's FINE :D you'll strain something!

- Neha - that made me laugh 'come back for more, friends!'

'Did gets kidnapped. Kid bonds with kidnappers, who aren't so bad after all. Out of the goodness of their lovely evil hearts they set her free back to her soulmate who had been hopelessly lurking about trying to save her (and failing for some unexplained reason...oh maybe it's because the girl is like a cardbord cut out with a pretty face...?)'

'Girl meets boy. Love love love. But no - their evil parents/friends/circumstances keep them apart!! TRAGEDY! After 400 pages of moping and misunderstandings, the grand reunion. Yaaay. Happy ever after.'
    (retch)

17. Chaoslogic

Chaoslogic Member

You didn't read it, did you, Sophie.

MY BEAUTIFUL PEASENT VILLAGE. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! (Happens in almost every RPG).

I facepalm everytime I come across that (in games).

18. sophie.

sophie. New Member

I did! It's just too true!

'plucky peasant girl takes cronies with her to save the world, encountering unspeakable evil on the way, yet escaping unscatherd. somehow.'

19. Chaoslogic

Chaoslogic Member

Writing this just makes me want to write an actual story from scratch. LOL. I started a continuation, but couldn't bother to continue. XD

20. Moira

Moira New Member

face palm?

21. Chaoslogic

Chaoslogic Member

Yes, facepalm.

22. Lostro

Lostro New Member

earth is invaded by insanely advanced aliens. Aliens set up oppressive totalitarian regime. Humans manage to rebel using mind-bogglingly primitive weapons or means. (conventional weapons or exploiting a stupid alien weakness) Humans win and all the aliens are destroyed.

or

earth is invaded by insanely advanced aliens. Aliens judge humanity. Aliens are about to blow everything to kingdom come but at the last moment change their minds because of some "noble" characteristic exhibited by the main characters. The aliens leave like nothing happened. Earth becomes a utopia because humanity learned its lesson.

23. Moira

Moira New Member

Pa ha ha! Avatar is mentioned in the examples! I LOVE AVATAR. That made my day. Lol. :D :D :D

24. lynneandlynn

lynneandlynn New Member

Boy goes to school. Boy hates phonies. Turns out to be a phony himself.

25. Moira

Moira New Member

Young naive girl becomes quite intelligent by the end of the story.