1. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

Bird suggestions

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Elgaisma, Sep 8, 2010.

over the course of four stories I have given many of my humans a bird form, and I have run out of ideas lol

My character 6ft6+ long dark curly hair, and beard. He has fostered many children and has an expansive personality. Bird needs to be fairly fast.

Only forms definitely out are White Falcon, Sea Eagle, and Swan. Probably out are Sparrow, Phoenix, Puffin, and Raven. Oh and Bat has been taken (I know it isn't a bird lol)

I am considering Albatross but not sure it is what I want either.

2. Lothgar

Lothgar New Member

Finch, Cockatiel or Titmouse :)

What, those birds aren't bold or flashy enough?

Oh, I see, you want something majestic and adventurous.

Hawk, Eagle, Condor or Vulture.

For less aggressive than a bird of prey:

Cardinal, Blue Jay, Humming Bird, Wood Pecker, Sea Gull, Pelican, Penguin, Turkey or Chicken.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Cormorant? A sea bird often seen with seagulls on the rocky shores.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Elgaisma

LOL All of the above are great I now have a huge list - I am liking the blue footed booby right now:)

5. HeinleinFan

HeinleinFan Banned

Snipes are fast and I think somewhat social -- neat dodging-type flight, speedy fliers.

Meadowlarks do the singing bit -- don't know if that fits the "expansive" description, but it might. And they have a mark on their chest like a dark beard, which may also fit. They're noticeable; they have silver and black on their upper back, and a yellow chest. Google has some nice meadowlark pictures.

6. thewordsmith

thewordsmith Contributor Contributor

The fastest bird is the Peregrine Falcon. But then this is the bird when it is diving for prey and, in fact, the Peregrine is clocked as the fastest animal, bar none when hunt diving.

7. Elgaisma

I could use the falcon but the King is a white gyr falcon so not sure if it isn't one too many falcons lol

I allow the only character I have that can morph into allsorts of birds (his mother was a sparrow:)) turn into a falcon sometimes. Just don't know if it would be OK to have another one with a fixed form.

8. thewordsmith

thewordsmith Contributor Contributor

Check out some of the others from the link. I'm betting you'll find something to your liking. (A teal (duck) perhaps?) And, did you know? Bats don't depend on sonar for hearing purposes. The echolocation is just to hone in on their prey. They really do have rather good hearing.