1. ChaosReigns

ChaosReigns Ov The Left Hand Path Contributor

Exorcisms

Discussion in 'Research' started by ChaosReigns, Jun 5, 2013.

Would anyone be able to clarify exactly what this is, i have half an idea, but i dont want to make myself look like a total dweeb when writing.

and if anyone has any experience with these whether its from the viewing perspective or not, your help would be greatly appreciated, but only if you feel happy sharing your experience, if you dont, then please, dont feel pressured into speaking about it

2. blackstar21595

blackstar21595 New Member

Google and Youtube are a writer's--everyone's best friends.

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

What do you mean, Chaos? Are you asking what an exorcism is? :confused: It's pretty straight forward so I'm wondering if you meant something else by your question.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

ditto posts above... you need to do your own research... google is the best way... you'll find definitions, descriptions and even websites where people who have first-hand experience of same can be asked whatever you want to know...

5. GingerCoffee

Sometimes people want to know different aspects of a concept not always just straight forward facts and figures. I'll wait for Chaos' clarification.

6. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

There are tons of exorcism forums such as http://www.psychforums.com/delusional-disorder/topic52533.html and lots of catholic forums with exorcism dedicated pages with literally thousands of threads. Maybe you should joing one or more of these and talk to a few people with first hand experience.

7. ChaosReigns

im looking at all alternate concepts. as Ginger said, i know what basic Exorcisms are, just wondered if there was anything else or alternative concepts to it

8. GingerCoffee

I don't have anything solid but here are some loose ends:

Wiki has a description of exorcisms in various religions. I didn't know that, I thought it was a Catholic Church invention. But after reading it, I do recall in come cultures they view the mentally ill as possessed but make no effort to interfere. There's an interesting section with some history you should read if you haven't already. And there are all sorts of leads to follow in the entry.

I was critiquing one writer who had all sorts of demons in the story. The good demons could exorcise bad ones, but it bothered me that the writer brought in the crosses and holy water thing. It didn't fit in the story.

That's all I got. :)

9. ChaosReigns

Thank you Ginger it appears i understand the Catholic form of exorcism but those from other religions im still a little miffed, maybe because of the terminology, its not a field im too well acquainted with in all fairness.

10. GingerCoffee

Miffed in the US means angry. Just curious, what does it mean in the UK?

Thought I posted the link, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exorcism, sorry.

If you aren't acquainted with the field, then you do need a day or two surfing the web. Use the links on the bottom of the Wiki entry, "Further reading", as a starting point.

11. ChaosReigns

miffed means confused over here

thank you for the link, ill have a look, when ive sobered up a bit tomorrow morning.