1. TurtleWriter

TurtleWriter Member

Writing buddy!

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by TurtleWriter, Dec 2, 2011.

Hey there WF community. I have a humble request of you. I'm seeking out a writing partner to help me improve my grammar. Now, I'm not looking to be taught from the ground up. I do write at college level. At least, I like to think so. I did get a bachelors degree... Hahaha. My major was criminal justice though, not English, History (I would argue history majors have to write well), or any other writing major. I know the English language and basic grammar. I just forget to structure sentences and such as I go along. :D

So, are there any volunteers? In exchange, I would read your works as well and help critique it to the best of my ability. I know, probably not worth much to most, but I hope I can find a few folks to help :D.

2. BookWeaver

BookWeaver New Member

:) I like being a writing buddy, and I wouldn't mind helping you out. Right now, I'm kinda in the middle of finals, so I'll be pretty busy for another week until Christmas break. But as long as you don't need 50-60 pages read ASAP, I should still have time.

3. Nicholas C.

Nicholas C. Active Member

I wouldn't mind helping. I use to write for a web content provider, so I like to think that my grammer is better than most :)

What genres are you into?

4. TurtleWriter

TurtleWriter Member

Book Weaver: I'm not working on my novel until I'm comfortable with my writing style. I want to be good enough to give the story the justice it deserves. So I'm going to write a series of short stories to work on style and grammar. I only have one thus far. Perhaps you'd like to read through it?

Nick: I'd love the grammatical help!! I like a wide variety of styles. More or less, as long as a book is good, I like it. For example, I'm a huge fan of Steinback. I love all his works I have read so far. But I've read a wide range of fantasy type of books. Like LOTR, Eragon, Ender's Game, several X-Wing fan fiction, I like David Webers books with the Harrington Honor, etc. Does that give you an idea? lol Oh yeah, I've read some awesome Tom Clancy books.

5. BookWeaver

BookWeaver New Member

No problem at all! Are you looking for any other types of feedback beyond the technical stuff? I'm comfortable with both content and technical-oriented reviews, but if you'd prefer that I stay focused on one or the other, I can definitely do that. Just let me know how you'd like to post the story. If you need an email, I can pm my address.

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i don't do buddies, but i do mentor aspiring writers, so if you need help upgrading your skills, drop me a line anytime...

love and hugs, maia