1. timzy12

timzy12 New Member

Writing a story with others

Discussion in 'Word games' started by timzy12, Dec 20, 2011.

Hey everyone I'm new to the site but I am really interested in the topic MaggieStone started. I have always been interested in these types of stories where everyone takes part with their own characters and have taken part in only one but found it very enjoyable. With this said I was hoping to see if anyone was interested in taking part in one with me as I am more into medieval fantasy: swords, magic, dragons etc rather then present day. This was the kind of setting I was thinking of:

There are those that believe the land was created by accident, others believe it was designed for us to exist and live on, then there are those that know the truth. Back in the Age of Dusk and Dawn a terrible battle was waged between two races that where enemies since existence came to exist, Gods and Demons. One strove for light and life while the other fought for darkness and corruption, both equally as powerful as the other for the universe needed balance, there must always be balance. Time continued as time will, no one knew how much as there was no such thing as years, months or days but it was so long that the races began to forget the times of peace and all they knew was war. Finally a deal was struck between Duvak, farther of the Gods and Kellosh the self proclaimed Spectre of Death. A stage would be created where the final battle would take place between the two races and these two beings would put an end to the fight once and for all, that stage was our world. The battle that was waged was fiercer then any that had been seen previous and the world, being created out of Demonic and Godly powers, shuddered under its weight. Eventually the Duvak met Kellosh in the fields of the dead and dying; their fight was one that defied existence itself which shied away from the sheer power coursing through them. It was a long battle, each blow shook the stars and cause tears in reality until finally, one gained the advantage. Duvak rained strikes down upon his foe, unrelenting in his attacks; Kellosh absorbed each strike with increased vigour readying himself for the counter. When Duvak’s attacks faltered by a 100th of a second Kellosh struck with his dark Blade of Tormented Souls, attempting to tear his immortal foes very soul from him. Duvak had been prepared however and allowed the strike to make contact with his ethereal being where its tip vanished in a searing white light. There was the briefest moment of confusion from his enemy as nothing happened and this assured Duvak his victory as his hammer came down upon his enemy. To gain victory Duvak had used a very ancient of magic that could only be used by him once, the Cloak of Everlight. Duvak watch his enemy fall under the blow that had taken him and realised that nothing he did now could kill his immortal foe, just as Kellosh could do nothing to erase Dovak’s existence. So he did the only thing he could, as Kellosh’s presence could only be contained within the demonic realm of Akell he took his defeated foe there and sealed him. He bound the Spectre of Death with great chains, each link larger then a mountain and each created from a thousand suns. They were chained to the six pillars of Irevune, an extremely powerful artefact from another time as time was not relevant to Gods and Demons. There the ancient leader of the demonic race remains chains in eternal slumber, or so they say. Now as the battle had been won the world was not needed any more, some of the Gods wanted to destroy it, saying it had been created by a mix of Godly and Demonic energy and so was tainted. It was decided to allow it to remain however, as a testament to where the War of Dawn had ended. Hundreds of thousands of years had passed since that time and life finally began upon the torn and ragged world. Firstly the Dwarves and Elves found their way out of the Mists, Pixies and Fairies soon followed as did other races, and so began the Age of Creation. Men came relatively late to the world but when they did they came in a wave of growth and industrialisation. So the races began, wars where wages and treaties where signed while Kellosh slumbered and his demonic horde waited. However this Lord of Death was still just sealed, and no seal can last forever. Some say that even now it is failing, others tell tale of a group dedicated to helping him escape, and some swear they heard that the group had found a way of releasing the six seals of Irevune. Now, in this time of peace between the races, demons have been spotted in the shadows of night and the lands slowly start to change as the world feels a presence upon it that it hasn’t felt in hundreds of thousands of years... some say.

Sorry it is so long, I just got into it a little while writing, I feel there should be more there but decided to stop after a while. Anyway... yeah, so in this world of hidden Elven cities within the Great Forest of Lorkel and the vast Dwarven fortress in the Huroden Mountains a group of people meet seemingly randomly, coming from different backgrounds, will lead down a path paved by fate and destiny to an end prophesied about many years age. Sorry to all if this is a bad idea or placed in the wrong part of the forum's or whatever else, I just really wanted to see if anyone felt like taking part in this adventure. :)

Quick bit about me: Fun, friendly guy who likes to have a laugh and will try to get along with most people, age:22 yet won't act like it... and yeah, if there is anything you want to ask me or just looking to chat feel free to drop me a message.

2. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

I'm up for taking part, could you rewrite or edit that paragraph with double spacing? Its difficult to read like that.

Also take a look at one of the RPGs for a character template to borrow, it may help.

3. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Double post.

4. timzy12

timzy12 New Member

Will look at the RPG soon then, but how do you double space in this forum, did it on word the pasted it but turns out the same.

5. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Just put two spaces so instead of

"typing a long
    line like this."

you get

"typing a long

line like this."