Coloring Your Hair

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nburwell, Apr 23, 2008.

1. lessa

lessa New Member

if I could find someone to put my makeup on for me I would wear it more often. I like wearing makeup since I have such dark circles under my eyes it would make me look better and feel better about myself.
    I can't put my arms in that position long enough to get it on properly so I do without. And wear sunglasses.
    I hate bras but I cannot do without one. It hurts my back for me to be supporting boobs for any length of time. Also not a pretty sight.
    I colour my hair because I am too pale to carry off white hair and that is what my natural colour is becoming.
    So I don't do things to conform but to make myself comfortable.

2. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

That's the same reason with me Lessa, making myself feel comfertable. Like I have terrible bgs under my eyes 'cos I don't sleep much, but cucumber and concealer helps hide that. :p

Question for you Maia, yes a little wierd, but do you shave your lags and stuff? Is that vanity, or hygeine to you??

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

not weird, but certainly 'personal'... don't know what you mean by 'and stuff'... assuming you meant 'legs' no, i don't shave anything any more, as it's a silly practice imo, an opinion most europeans and the majority of all humans, in fact, agree with... and it's not a matter of hygiene at all, since one can be clean with hairy legs and armpits... after all, men don't bother doing that, do they?

4. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

I am sorry that it was a persnal question, I was just wondering. And I have always been told that if you do not shave underneath you armpits, then sweat gathers there and makes the smell worse. Just what I've been told. And yes, it is totally eeiw, I am so squeemish. :p

5. atelophobiaa

atelophobiaa New Member

I have naturally auburn hair.
    I've dyed it purple, pink, red, black, and now it is black with blonde tips.
    I tend to get bored of it incredibly easily (think a few weeks), and therefore cut it myself a lot.
    I dye it almost every two months (any more and its not very good for it), once again because I get bored of it. Usually, the color I dye it reflects more on my mood at the time than on whether I think it will actually look good.

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

if that were true, then why wouldn't men shave theirs?

next time you have beads of sweat on your forehead, wipe it off and give it a whiff... sweat itself isn't smelly at all, unless you're a major garlic eater and then it exudes the stuff in full force... it's what it comes in contact with that makes it smell... and hair doesn't have a smell of its own, either, just picks up what's around it or on it...

the truth is, those with shaved armpits are often smellier than those who go au naturel... smelling 'sweaty' comes not from the presence of hair, but of several other factors... such as what you eat, how often you wash the area, whether you use talcum to absorb the moisture, what your clothing is made of [synthetics are much smellier than pure cotton] and so on...

'nuff said?

7. nacreous

nacreous New Member

(Whew) something smells really bad around here.

8. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

I am the contradiction to your over-generalized statement.

9. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

Me too! Except I've also had my hair green - though not entirely on purpose (first attempt at black hair went horribly wrong).

Purple is my favourite colour, so I have a cupboard full of purple hair dye. :)

10. atelophobiaa

atelophobiaa New Member

Ah no. ]= My friend has died green streaks in her blonde hair, but I can't imagine the whole thing being green. =P Ah well. It happens. The first time I attempted to dye my hair purple it turned bright auburn...I had a tough time explaining that one to my parents. They hadn't wanted me to do something so...bright. Hehe.

11. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

lol. I love having my hair all sorts of unnaturally bright colours - cherry red is also a favourite. Though, I remember once, when testing what blue would look like I used a hairspray and went out for the day... By the time I got home and looked in the mirror, I realised that I looked like Mel Gibson out of Braveheart... :eek: <--exactly like that.

:p

12. Zandiir

Zandiir New Member

My natural hair color is light brown. But I've always wanted to dye it black and see how I look. One day I will, just don't know when yet, heh.

I don't mind it when other people dye their hair, doesn't really matter to me. Whatever makes that person happy. Gotta flip to the wild side every once in a while right? :D

13. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

My hair is part natural and part color. I have natural dk. blond highlights so I just kinda "umph" them up by getting my hair highlighted. I have a streak of grey..actually it's white, hair on the left side of my face. I don't color it because it started growing out when I was about 16 and it is a part of "me"! haha...anyway..it blends and unless you know it's there you can't see it. All in all, my look is natural. For years I was a blonde and I just tired of it...went back to being me about a year ago.

Haircolor is a personal thing...I wish I had the gumption to color my hair pink and platinum blonde...I always thought that looked cool!

14. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

I wish I could steak my hair with all colours of a rainbow, and then colour it all white. It would give Mom a heart-attack. I can't wait to turn 18.!

15. Snap

Snap New Member

My hair is natural, now, mainly for work, as I can't have any wild colors for hair, working at a bank. :) I used to dye my hair all the time, though. I've had blue, orange, pink, red, and green. The red and green were mainly streaks, though I had a full head of blue, orange and pink, at one time. (Well, at seperate times, not all together. :)) I guess I did it mainly to stand out, and it definitely worked. I still get people that knew me from high school, and their comment is, "You were the one with blue hair, right?"

16. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Lol. I really do like blue, but i'm not wanting to dye my hair again at the moment. If I did dye it again i'm 99.9% sure that's what i'd go for.