Tags:
  1. leahinabox

leahinabox New Member

I know I haven't been here long...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by leahinabox, Jul 22, 2011.

But this is seriously bothering me. And I need some advice.

I have a son names Alexander Jerome. He does not have his father's last name, due to the lack of commitment during my pregnancy. He was an oops baby, so I decided to let a close family member who is stable in their life adopt him. I'd still be his mother, he'd know about me, I could see him whenever, etc. His father doesn't want that, took me to court for it.

My aunt makes $86/hr part time for the government, owns her house, and has been married for six years.

His father makes $7.25/hr(minimum wage) at McDonalds, living with his parents and is in a relationship with a very well known girl, if you catch my drift.

This girl is completely delirious, thinks she's his mother, and is publicly stating that his name is Alexander KAIGE, not Jerome. She has been posting nasty messages about me on her profile, and even made a FB page against me. The judge still hasn't decided on custody, but I just wanted some advice. Am I out of line when I say this girl is crazy?

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

I don't think anyone here knows enough to comment on this girl one way or another. All I can tell you is document everything and stay out of the fray. Don't do anything back to her, whether it is via text, on facebook, or what have you. Just stay above it all. When custody is on the table, you want to have "clean hands," so the speak, in the court room.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Crazy is all judgement, no diagnosius. I would say instead that she is delusional. Her insistence that she is his biological mother is provably a delusion. A blood test might prove it, DNA testing certainly would,

It's a strong argument for her to be judged an unfit guardian.

Keeping your cool at all times before the judge is important. And whatever you do, do not try to bias your son (assuming he is old enough to be influenced) against the biodad or his companion.

By the way, is the biofather paying child support?

4. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

I second what everyone else is saying. Even if she's batshit crazy, losing your cool will make you look just as uncredible or irresponsible when being judged by a judge or a group of strangers (jury). Show you're cool-headed and responsible. I think your chances are good. Hope your son gets to stay with your aunt. :)

5. LaGs

LaGs Banned

I know all I need to know about people who bring issues like these into the facebook domain. Stay well away, and you can bring it up at later in court if needs be

6. leahinabox

leahinabox New Member

We've already been to court and all, and no, he is not, because he believes he shouldn't have to.

When we went to court, and his family was on the stand, all they did was blame everything on me. He quit two great jobs(he knew I was preggo), and ended up at Mickey D's. I'm trying to stay out of it(as much as I can), but its hard to do when shes following you.

My lawyer says I don't have enough on her yet to file a stalking charge, but believe me, its coming if she doesn't stop.

My son is 6 months old, so influencing him isn't an issue.

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I would collect printouts from her blog and give them to your lawyer. Also the names of anyone who has witnessed her claiming to be Alexander's mother and is willing to testify under oath.

Good thing for him you aren't in Massachusetts jurisdiction. Child support is mandatory, and the levels are a matter of law - on the order of 30% of income.

8. leahinabox

leahinabox New Member

LOL that would be amazing if he would have to pay THAT too.

9. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

there's good advice being given here, but it's nothing that your attorney shouldn't have already provided... why are you asking here and not discussing all of this with your legal eagle?

it seems to me that you have an excellent case for full custody, so just make sure you give all this info to your lawyer and follow his/her advice, not that of total strangers who have no intimate knowledge of the case...

best of luck to you... as a mom of 7 who had to fight some hideous court battles against my wealthy and powerful ex for the well-being of my youngest 2, i can completely empathize with you...

love and hugs, maia