1. Charis Anwyn

Charis Anwyn New Member

Coming back to the writing game

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Charis Anwyn, Dec 23, 2015.

Hello! So I'm sure I've joined this website before but I don't remember my log in or my password, or even worse the email I used haha. But I'm sure I did. Anyhoo here I am again! I'm 22 from the UK I adored writing mostly fantasy and horror. I wont lie my grammar is atrocious and even my spelling isn't great. I have no formal training I just write things down and hope for the best. I would LOVE to write a book and become a published author, as I'm sure many of you do too. I am a HND student though I am doing hospitality not writing or anything related. So this is certainly my cool down point where I've had enough of laws and financing and just brain blahs

So yes here I am, its nice to be back in a writing community. I hope to share stories and such and read everyone else's stories. So before I start to babble I shall end this.

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Charis, and welcome to the forum. :) Sounds like you'll fit right in! Do you already have an idea for a book? :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Explore, participate, and have fun!
    -Kat

3. Aster

Aster Member

Formal training hasn't helped me nearly as much as being an active member in a good writing forum. I might be a new member to this forum myself, but I was a member of a great creative writing forum a number of years ago. Just....makin myself feel very old. Sigh.

You don't have to be doing a course related to writing. It's all valuable experience you can use for your writing!

4. Masterspeler

Masterspeler Active Member

Welcome to the forum.

My best advice (since I'm such a successful writer myself. Hint: that's sarcasm) is to read and actually, what helped me was roleplaying in various formats. You get to see others write, and can interactively ask (out of character) what they meant. It will help you become more clear and by writing responses fast it will improve critical thinking, sticking to a plot, character personality etc. Again, here's the grain of salt for my advice and the 18 wheeler that grain sits on...oh and the heavy duty straps.

Welcome again, above all else, enjoy yourself here,
    AB

5. Charis Anwyn

Charis Anwyn New Member

Thank you!! From what I remember its a very friendly place, which I love. I do have an idea, I haven't written it down yet though which is my downfall, so once I pat all my coursework into place [And finished gorging myself on my new books] I will write it down. Far to easily distracted!

Haha thank you both for your welcome! I'm glad to see it doesn't matter too much if your trained or not! Can't wait to get my teeth into it properly!