1. Ryo-Heart

Ryo-Heart New Member

Human Trafficking

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Ryo-Heart, Aug 12, 2008.

Alright I got this idea from watching Human Trafficking on lifetime, and I was wondering if anyone had idea’s on how to start it up. And I also have no name for the book so I need ideas.

Human Trafficking is done everyday there is at least one child if not more stolen, forced, or sold into prostitution. This story is not one of the true tells, but it is to alarm the world that this is happening and can happen to anyone. This is the story of a young woman named Anna who is unknowingly asked to come work for a man and then is sold into prostitution for the pleasure of money. She is at first only used for oral sex because she is still only 15 and a virgin. When she became the age of 16 the owner allowed other things, one of the days they where taken from the home and placed into a van, from there they are taken to a party or brothel as they call it and sold to the young men there. But in this crowed of teens and hurtful attitudes Anna found a heart beating underneath, one of the men there did not agree to the idea of money for sex he believed that sex should come with love. But even though Anna was teamed and refused to say much to him her soft eyes and loving attitude made his views on love change. He had not taken a liking to any girl like this and bound and determined to bring her to safety he became of the buyer with the rich money his father gave him. He often came to see her even though they did nothing but talk, the two quickly became good friends and even though she resented herself she keep going because her heart told her he would somehow get her out.

I am not asking to know if anyone likes this idea, I am wondering if anyone thinks this idea is unique and I know I am going to start before she gets put in, but I don’t know how to get his story in as well as hers. I was thinking about switching to him when she gets taken and telling his story up to the point where they meet but I don’t know if that would be to confused for people.

2. Gisele

Gisele Banned

I think anything is possible. Maybe you could tell both stories more or less independantly and let the seams merge, a la the movie 'Traffic' (odd coincidence).

As for the idea, there will always be new and interesting, and occasionally breathtaking, ways to make whatever is old unrecognisable.

3. Ryo-Heart

Ryo-Heart New Member

Sorry I didnt quit understand that?

Thats for the review I am thinking about starting it as soon as I get a start thought up. You liked the movie?

4. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

One question that came to my mind is "What on earth is a decent human being who doesn't approve of human trafficking doing there in the first place?"

5. Ryo-Heart

Ryo-Heart New Member

It his buddys birthday party he didn't know his buddy was buying them or even doing that kinda stuff, so when they come he goes to leave but his friend tells him he wont allow him to leave because he paid good money for it and he has to have a good time and everyone their is drunk including him so he can't exacally fight a bunch of guys, and he also didn't want to drive drunk in the dark he was suppose to stay that night, and he didn't want his parents to know he was drinking. So he takes one of the girls to the room witch happened to be Anna.

6. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

Oh, ok.

7. Ryo-Heart

Ryo-Heart New Member

lol dose that sounds off? Or can you understand his reasoning?

8. Ungood

Ungood New Member

Well from what I have read so far this seems to fall into the 'Stranger then Fiction' category.

Weather is good or bad, totally depends on how well you write the story.

Sounds like a good hook, Go for it!

9. Ryo-Heart

Ryo-Heart New Member

Thank you, I hope I write it as good as I see it in my head I am not the best writer but I am trying to get up there.

10. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

sorry to have to be the one who rains on your parade, but you need to do the requisite research first, before starting a story about such a well-documented and commonly known subject, as you clearly haven't a clue about what really goes on in that ugly world...

first of all, the idea that she'd be only providing blow jobs to clients for a year is silly... a 15-yr-old's virginal state is worth a lot more than any 'of age' 16 to a brothel owner, who would't give a darn how old she is, 'cause the younger the girl, the higher the price for being first... so, she'd be auctioned off to the highest bidder or at least the 'first user' would be charged triple for the privilege of deflowering the poor girl... or, as happens in many cases, the brothel owner would have her 'broken in' by one of his/her roughest employees, before having her service the clientele...

you seem to be romanticizing what is really just one of the most brutal criminal activities and a life-wrecking atrocity for any girl or woman caught up in the trade...

as for the plot, the john who falls for a hooker is as old as stories themselves, so you'll have to bring something new to the tired old cliche, if you hope to make it work, as well as making it believable, which it ain't, yet...

there are lots of books and articles and documentaries out there by and about victims and the whole business, so instead of guessing, my best advice is for you to do the necessary studying, before deciding how to use this as the basis for a romance...

love and hugs, maia

11. Ryo-Heart

Ryo-Heart New Member

I have done some looking into it, not only watching the movie but looking up articals on the net and also looking up vidio's on youtube. The rape story is personal to me because I have had it happen to me, by my aunt, practically all my life. The romantic section is for others to be able to read it, I know a lot of people like to read nasty little get offs that other people do but I want to also appeal to the caring side of people. Yes I know falling in love with hoe's is a common romance, what every girl in that situation wants. But I tend to bring my own experance and style into this story.

Edit: To the comment about the age and the virgenty thing it really depends on the owner of the girl.
    I hope I don't sound rude im just answering.

12. Ungood

Ungood New Member

I would say "Write it"

See how it feels.

You can always change things.

It is not set in stone until it is in print.

13. Ryo-Heart

Ryo-Heart New Member

I could always right down a bit and set it up for review

I have also worked on the plot a little bit to make it more real, I talked to my mom about it when she got home she gave me some really good ideas she also knows a lot more about it then I thought she did lol

14. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

of course it does, but what you have said makes no sense in the real world... as you'd know, if you'd done enough research...

btw, i didn't see anything rude in your reply...

15. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

Unless he had a reason why didn't force her to do anything else for that first year. But, then you'd have to come up with a good enough reason.

16. Ryo-Heart

Ryo-Heart New Member

Yea I didn't really think about that much I was really slapping the idea down, now that I tampered with it more I think I have gotten more realistic with it. My mom also asked why would any decent guy go to see a prostitute more then once. So me and her both came up with a better idea. At first it was his sister is taken and pulled into it and he is trying to find her, the party was trying to get hooked into the system by a buddy he use to be really good friend with, that way he could look for his sister inside. But then mom brought to my attenuation that they know addmait family members, so she said it would work better if it was his cousin that way there was more reason for him to be there, and he couldn't be traced as in her family as easy. He speaks to Anna because that was the girl he got at the party he only trusts her not to rat him out, trying to find his cousin he connects with Anna and trys to get in as deep as he can to find her to get her out.

Dose that sound better? Or dose it still need some work?