1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Both

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  1. Nexus

Nexus New Member

Spiritual, Grammatical or Both?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Nexus, Jan 6, 2007.

I know the titles in the poll are kinda inaccurate but they make sense I hope?

Ok, I want to know about teh way people write. Do they write from the imagination and the heart with little or no guidelines or with Strict guidelines and structure?
    Or both?

I personally self taught myself grammar, and although I have the grammar skills of one far above my age I am still quite in the dark about that sort of thing. I know absolutely nothing about poetry, yet I write it. In poetry, I believe there is nothing but the soul and how it conveys its message to the readers.

P.S. I think you will get the message of this, I hope.... Im not the best at explaining things....

2. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

I should imagine the majority of writers are both.

I am both in that I'm what would be understood as spiritual first that enjoys the natural ride of creation, then grammatical second if but nothing more than to try and perfect that ride afterwards.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

how do 'imagination' and 'heart' equal 'spiritual'?... did you perhaps mean 'instinctively'?...

and writing with 'structure' involves a lot more than the 'grammatical'...

anyway, to be a good writer, one must utilize both the spiritual/talent and grammatical/skills aspects of the art... just one won't do it... the results of being only one or the other would be either ridiculously nonsensical, or boringly sterile...

4. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

I don't get it, but I never plot my books and I have good grammar, so I clicked both.