1. emidelicous

emidelicous New Member

Content writing learning

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by emidelicous, Jun 3, 2014.

Hi, this is emi from pakistan, i am doing content writing for blogs, web etc. but to make it through to the top quality level, i want to make my english writing perfect in terms of grammar and style e.g. blog writing, guest post writing, news, academic writing etc.

I have searched all over internet, there are lots of free courses, but frankly i dont wana spend time in reading thousands of pages.

Can any one suggest a course or free videos on writing?

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i don't think you're going to find any free courses for improving poor grammar... and, until you can write in english as well as, or better than all the professionals who'll be your competition, that will be the biggest drawback to selling anything you write...

i can see a slew of goofs and glitches in your post, despite your english being pretty good, for a secondary language, so it's clear you need to perfect it, before your writings will be competitive in the market... there's no short, easy way to do it... you'll have to read as many pages as it takes, do all the work necessary to be able to write fluently and at a pro level...

i've helped many aspiring writers in your part of the world, on both a mentoring and a tutoring basis and i can tell you from long experience with folks whose native language is other than english, that it's going to take a long time and a lot of work on your part... trying to find an easy way to do it is just wasting time...

3. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Scribendi is an online course you can try. :) Go check it out. Short, simple, and to the point. I would say more, but I don't want to sound like a seller. I'm taking that course too to help refresh my English (as I think I'm getting sloppy with my own native language. The horror!)

So check it out! You might like it. You'll have to pay for the full program, though. :/

4. emidelicous

emidelicous New Member

thanks everybody for help.....

5. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I just remembered something. The site I mentioned has a free trial (no limit) where they give you a module to check out. Their courses cover grammar, proofreading, and editing. I'm doing the grammar course now and it's pretty nice. All of it is self-paced, so you can take as long as you need.