Well, it's (finally) time for the next short story contest. In this contest you must write about the given theme. The winner will receive a cash prize and supporter subscription status on the site. Theme: In this contest, you must write a short story in which the main character must face the consequences of a poor decision. Try to focus heavily on character development. Prize: The winner of the contest will receive $50 through paypal (or a gift card, alternatively), along with 3 months of of supporter status. Requirements: Aside from following the theme, the short story must be between 4,000 and 8,000 words and must be submitted by the deadline. One entry per person. Deadline: The contest will run until 11:59 PM Central Standard Time on June 8th (about one month). Any entries made after this date will not be counted, judged, or voted upon. Judging: With this contest we will be trying out a new method of voting. In order to make the voting more fair, the contest will consider many different factors in determining the winner. Once the deadline has past, I will select what I feel are the top 10 - 15 short stories. These top short stories will then be judged in two ways, simultaneously. There will be a popular vote to help determine the winner through the voting booth, as normal: however, the popular vote will only count for about 40% of the voting. Additionally, you will only be able to cast a vote if you have at least 30 posts and were registered prior to the contest deadline. The other 60% of the vote is determined by 5 contest judges I have selected. These judges cannot enter and were selected to give the judging a more objective approach. The judges will look at several qualities when evaluating a story and rank them on a scale of 1-5 with an explanation, primarily Grammar, Plot, Theme Relevancy, Character Development, Style, and an Overall rating (criteria subject to change). The goal with running the contest this way is to help make the judging more fair than a popular vote alone. How to Enter: To enter this contest, simply create a thread for your short story in this forum. Click the "new thread" button in the "Consequences Short Story Contest" forum and post your entry in that new thread. This will act as your entry. Entries may be edited up until the contest deadline. After that date the forum will be closed for editing and your submission will be final. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!