1. TheLizardfolk

TheLizardfolk New Member

Money Drama Books? Also Hello :P

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by TheLizardfolk, Aug 1, 2016.

Hello! I have an idea for a book... it's horrifically boring :D No seriously, I mean it. I wanna write a money drama but set in the future in a sci-fi universe. Boring right? :p

Anyway, I joined this forum because I'm seriously thinking about tacking writing prose and literature. I'm a game designer by trade and I've gone to school for film/tv writing (although I'm personally much more interested in TV than movies), so practically all of my story experience comes from movies, tv, or games. I know my lack of experience with literature is something I need to fix if I'm to hope to write something barely decent but I can't really find any fiction books that's a money drama, especially money drama centered around a financial collapse.

So, is there any recommendations for books like the movie Margin Call, The Big Short, or Showtime's Billions? I know The Big Short was a book before the movie but I'm looking for fiction book. Could be any genre, as long as it's a "money drama" as I like to call them. If it's a fiction novel about a financial meltdown or collapse all the better.

Thanks!

2. Sal Boxford

Sal Boxford Senior Member

Amazon recognises a category called "financial thriller". And here. And here too. looks like the kind of thing you mean?

I've never read anything like this.

3. TheLizardfolk

TheLizardfolk New Member

Hey, thanks for bringing that up. I didn't know that was a genre. I took a brief look at the most popular books of that genre and they seem to be a little more mystery (often murder) conspiracies which isn't quite what I'm looking for but anything about the financial institution will interest me. I am looking for a straight money drama but it might be a good thing that I can't find books that's exactly like my idea :)

Thanks again!