1. WriterDude

WriterDude Contributing Member Contributor

Jun 6, 2011

Could use a tips with a RC plane (Yak-54)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by WriterDude, Aug 2, 2011.

I bought my first RC plane yesterday, a small Nine Eagles Yak-54 thingy. The first "test flight" worked fine, as it was just to see if it worked. It might have hit the wall, but that's ok. And really, to be expected. :p But when I went outside to try it for real today, I dropped the controller by accident. Since then I haven't been able to get any sign of life from the plane. The controller itself failed at first as the batteries were loose, but I fixed that with a screwdriver. It might of course be so simple as the plane's battery is dead, but in case it's not, anyone got a tip what to do?

Edit: No worries, it was just a dead battery. I do have a few other problems, though. The wheels are missing, the propeller is probably stuck in a tree, the battery is loose, the top-part of the tail broke and the spare propeller is loose. In fact the whole engine is hanging loose. I solved most of it with ducktape, though. But I could use a plane that's easy to control, can fly outdoor and can handle a crash or ten. Anyone got a tip? Or a helicopter. That works too.