1. PGWhyte

PGWhyte Member

Assistance with cover

Discussion in 'Cover Design' started by PGWhyte, Oct 3, 2016.

Hello gals and guys,
    Ive come across this image...http://www.istockphoto.com/photo/zombie-gm170122021-21321770?st=_p_Horror
    For my book cover. Theres a scene when a characyer looks through an open loft access, its pitch black except for these red eyes staring back. ( not just zombies in my world ) i do like this image but do you think it would suit the book?
    Title is Surviving

Thanks in advance
    Phil

2. psychotick

psychotick Contributor Contributor

Hi,

Dude, how can we possibly answer that question? We don't know what the book's about! Only you can answer that question.

To help you, go back to the basics. Ask yourself how is the book written / story told? Is it character driven? In which case you probably want a cover with a person / face on it that some people can connect to. Is it plot driven? In which case you want some sort of scene that tells a story. Is it emotional? In which case you want an emotional draw. Horrified expression. Scary red eyes. Moody colours.

Over to you.

Cheers, Greg.

PGWhyte likes this.
  3. PGWhyte

PGWhyte Member

Ive been looking at it the wrong way, think you just gave me the kick up the backside i needed.
    Thanks mate.

Edit: apologies, im coming to the end of my nightshift and lost the plot by posting this o_O