Cover Art...Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Cover Design' started by Cave Troll, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Gazzola

Gazzola Member

The cover is the last mile of effort. If I'm undecided about two books and reading reviews is not enough, I will choose based on the cover. I have in fact, bought a few books on the strength of their covers alone. My reasoning is that if the author and I have the same taste in covers, it's possible that we have the same taste in stories.

I bought book one of "Broken Empire", "Widdershins Adventures" and "Book of the Order" just because I liked their covers, knowing full well that they had bad reviews.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    BayView likes this.
  2. SethLoki

SethLoki Retired Autodidact Contributor

Software's how I make my way in the world (making it and using it). The writer in me is a relative pauper. :meh: It's still your design btw—I only polished it. If you want I'll do your cover artwork for free, so long as the layouts aren't too far from your original postings.

3. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    That is awfully generous of you. I need to think about what I want to do with it, possibly omitting something or changing something. Be in touch though. :)