1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Crap films you can't help but love.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Wreybies, Jul 2, 2013.

It's crap. You know it. But there you are watching it for the umpteenth time on one of the movie channels. You love it and are not sure why.

I'm watching Battleship, yet again. I know it's little more than a CGI fapathon, and anyone with a shred of military experience is shaking his/her head from start to finish, but once Hopper enlists the aid of the retired fellahs and of the U.S.S. Missouri itself, Thunderstruck starts playing, I'm hooked! :D

2. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

Ok the worst film I ever endured, that I would love to see again is an Italian sub-titled film of which the name escapes me but would love someone else to have to wasted 90 minutes of their life in order to remind me. My father and I watched it late one night on channel 4, I was about 15/16 so 26 years ago, and for our younger friends here, yes, it was in colour!

The plot (apologies to the word 'plot') went like so...

Some obscure Italian town without a telephone. It's 8.30 am and people are milling about going to work, taking kids to school, finishing the night shift. A truck comes with a public phone-box and a small crane lifts it into place in the centre of a small green space within the village square. Everybody stops, stares in disbelief; they've only seen the likes on TV or in glossy American magazines. The truck leaves with the crane. One brave man steps in, picks up the phone, listens to the dial tone but doesn't know another with a phone so has no use for it. He hangs up the receiver, tries to push open the door, it doesn't budge, he's trapped.

We're 5 minutes into the film - For the next 80 minutes, just about everybody in the town tries to free the guy without success using just about every resource available, strong men, tow trucks, hammers, locksmiths from the next village, you name it they try it. It's getting dark, people are going home, the guy is afraid but alas the truck returns with the crane, lifts the phone-box, complete with innocent man, his only crime curiosity, onto the back of the truck and drives away off over the mountain, down the motorway and off byroads and B roads to a yard full of phone-boxes with men stuck. The End!

Worse film I ever saw - does it ring any bells with anyone? I'd love to sit my wife through it!

3. Wreybies

Does La Cabina ring a bell? (1972)

[​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_cabina

4. IronPalm

IronPalm Banned

There are almost too many examples to give!

My all-time favorite has to be Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo. Here was my absolutely jubilant review after finishing this spectacle;

"The most unintentionally funny movie ever. I can't choose a favorite part; Ice T as a gay S&M rapper, a crippled man in a wheelchair standing up to start breakdancing, the black guy in the bald old wounded white guy mask, or Turbo Retardo's attempts to rape a mannequin?

What about the breakdancing whore nurses, the back-flipping mailman, Turbo Retardo humping his bed, or the barely repressed homosexual tension between Ozone and Turbo? There are five hysterical things happening every frame!"

Oh, and I didn't even get a chance to mention that in that same hospital scene, the power of breakdancing brings a dead man back to life.

5. Wreybies

[MENTION=54840]IronPalm[/MENTION], I almost shat my pants at this. :D There's an episode of Venture Brothers where Dr. Girlfriend has reason to yell out, "Oh! Oh! Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo!" in her five pack a day merchant marine voice. Shit floors me every time! :D

6. IronPalm

IronPalm Banned

Might as well mention one of the most infamously bad and hilarious films ever;

Deadly Prey

Honestly, the following video doesn't even remotely do it justice. While beating a man to death with his own severed arm is hard to top, there are dozens of hysterical, insane moments throughout this picture.

7. prettyprettyprettygood

prettyprettyprettygood Active Member

Con Air would have to be up there for me - utterly ludicrous (the crash landing scene!) but it's such a guilty pleasure :D

8. IronPalm

IronPalm Banned

"Put...the bunny...back... in the box..."

9. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

I suppose the ultimate bad movie that's fun to watch has to be The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Watch it all by yourself, middle of the afternoon, just the movie, and it's BAD. Bo-ring. Bad. Watch it with a group, complete with sound effects, heckling, toilet roll, water pistols, etc, and it's one of the biggest hoots ever. (It does help that the music is fantastic!)

Steve Irwin's The Crocodile Hunter comes a close second. Crikey! I couldn't stop laughing, but I know a lot of people hated the film. If you take it seriously, it's a BAD film. But don't take it seriously...

10. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

The original Dawn of the Dead and John Carpenter's The Thing. Two films not exactly overburdened with class and sophistication, and I absolutely love them for it. :D

11. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

You beauty! How did you ever find that? Thank you!

and its on youtube - apparently it was pretty famous with parodies from other countries - here's the original and its only 35 minutes long - I dare you all to watch it!

http://www. youtube.com/watch?v=CABpfvOgbjw

just close the gap between dot and youtube :)

12. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

A couple that we often get sucked into watching are The Jacksons: An American Dream, a FIVE HOUR movie about the Jackson family. It's actually got some very good musical scenes and the kid who plays Michael is really good. The non-singing parts, though are typical television-movie drama. It's very rare that we ever watch all five hours at one time - we either come upon it in the middle, or start watching it, but then have to go out or fall asleep or whatever. But often when this movie is showing, the channel will air it several times, so occasionally we'll see bits and pieces one evening and different bits and pieces the next day on a re-airing.

Another one I watch way too often is the made for television movie of The Betty Broderick story, which is the story of a wealthy woman who kills her ex-husband and his new wife. There's actually a sequel, also, which is usually run right after the first movie, so there is potential to be sucked in for four or five hours.

The Texas Cadet Murders (or some title like that) is one more I've seen a bunch of times, but not recently. All of these movies are over twenty years old. They don't seem to make the made-for-tv movies like they used to.

13. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Syfy channel Saturday night movies... Especially this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mMEDRdcMeo

It is the dumbest movie ever, but oh so much fun to watch with some friends and laugh at :D

14. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Birdemic anyone? Though I wouldn't say I love that movie, I just find it quite funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE5dJDgZ644

15. Wreybies

I watch a lot of foreign cinema. :D One needs a break from the American Media Machine every now and again. ;)

16. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

Grease 2 - Michelle Pfeiffer & Maxwell Caulfield - every lame song is still stuck in my head! I watched this when I was little
    till my vhs tape snapped, ( or was purposely sabotaged - I have my suspicions ) How could you not like a movie in which
    a guy tries to make sex sound downright patriotic - lol!

17. Anthony Martin

Anthony Martin Active Member

I wanted to say Crocodile Dundee until I realized that it is genius.

18. squishytheduck

squishytheduck New Member

Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls. I must have watched the scene where he crawls out of the rhino at least twenty times.

19. IronPalm

IronPalm Banned

Another good one is Rudy Ray Moore's Dolemite.

It's one of the absolute worst films ever, but whether it's the surreal fight scenes, or the unique, angry way Moore yells out "mother...fucker!", it's chock full of laughs.

20. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Catwoman. Horrible film, but gotta love the scenery.

21. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

I have to go with Donnie Darko. I mean the movie is terrible at times, but after I looked up what happened on Google, the plot I was just like, damn. It had a whole plot that couldn't be seen unless re-watched it multiple times, or look it up.
    Plus Frank. :D

22. Justin Ladobruk

Justin Ladobruk Active Member

The Hebrew Hammer. Nothing more need be said.

23. Anthony Martin

Anthony Martin Active Member

Oh man, this is in my top 5!

24. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Donnie Darko and The Thing rated as crap films? The former I guess is more classic for the time, but the later is pretty much recognised by everyone who respects horror/suspense. My pick would be Christine, or A.I.

25. Mackers

Mackers Senior Member

I have to agree with this. Con air is completely ridiculous but very enjoyable.

Another film I would suggest is Bring it On. Normally I keep this kind of information to myself!