1. AHewlett

AHewlett Member

Moreton, Wirral, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

SEQUEL - Catholic Wedding story

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by AHewlett, Oct 19, 2014.

Hi everyone

I'm planning a sequel to one of my original stories and I would like to start with the couple getting engaged, which is at the end of the previous story. I then want to go through the story of the couple planning their wedding, getting married and then the honeymoon at the end.

I wanted to ask everyone how I could go about this, as I know I can't obviously show everything they need to plan otherwise the story would be 100 chapters long (unless I can?). Also, probably wrong place to ask, but I also wanted to ask a couple of questions about Catholic weddings or could someone point me in the right direction.

1. If the bride is Catholic and the groom isn't, what kind of ceremony can they have? Do they have mass or not?

Erm....that was the only question. Oh well.

Many thanks for helping me out!

2. plothog

plothog Contributor Contributor

In our wedding I was the Catholic and my bride wasn't.
    We had the shorter Catholic ceremony without mass. I can't entirely remember if we had the option for the long version with mass. I have a feeling the priest assumed we'd want the short ceremony and he was right, because only about a third of the guests were Catholic.

You certainly don't need to show all the planning. You don't need to show any of it unless it'll be interesting or relevant. There's certainly opportunities for drama within wedding preparations, but if you don't happen to have a scene where they talk about the cake, no one is going to think, "what they forgot the cake?"

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  3. AHewlett

AHewlett Member

Moreton, Wirral, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Brilliant, thanks for that information. I do have conflict in terms of the bride's mother so I'm hoping to work that in by her making changes to the bride's dress, cancelling orders, etc.