1. ZYX

ZYX Member

Creative Thread Title

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ZYX, Mar 23, 2015.

Hello ! My name is Zyxlia ( any pronouns are fine ) . I have created a ton of characters and quite a few plots, and I'm looking to start taking it seriously and actually write something worth publishing. I also draw. I plan on publishing webcomics and games ( visual novels and RPGs, but this will take longer ! ) along with writing a novel or multiple novels.
    I love reading about other peoples ideas and I'm hoping to get some outside opinions on a few of mine, so that's why I decided to join ... I have anxiety and I'm also very shy, so I sometimes take some time to reply or log out of things for a month with no warning. Apologies in advance ! I'm also looking to get some experience taking criticism without getting defensive, as the "criticism" I've received in the past was really just "your ideas suck" .
    I can't think of much else to say about myself here, but I think that's enough for now. I'm really looking forward to improving and finding new material to read !

2. RachHP

RachHP Senior Member

Hi @ZYX. It sounds like you're brimming with ideas for future projects which is a great position to be in (though you may feel spoiled for choice!) Criticism is never fun but there are lots of people around here who offer encouragement as well as pointers, so try not to worry - we don't bite ;)
    Welcome and good luck
    x Rach

3. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Welcome, Zyx!

Take a moment to go through our New Member Guide, it will get you started with the forum's rules and layout.

One of the advantages with an online community like this is that you can remain anonymous so it's easier to talk, discuss and show stuff. I myself am quite shy/introvert IRL, but here on WF I feel more free.

And don't be afraid of posting in the forum's workshop once you've reached the requirements. The critique around here is both honest and detailed. :)

Good luck with your projects and have fun!

4. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.