Tags:
  1. HReihing

HReihing New Member

Creative Writing

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by HReihing, Jan 21, 2009.

I am having a really hard time just doing some simple creative writing.
    I have to write a script for my boss to read. The theme for the script is pirates/treasure. The script is about our school board officers.
    Here is what I have got so far. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the help.

Each year, we choose a theme for school board recognition month. In honor of the tremendous progress being made under the leadership of this board of education our theme this year is “We Treasure Your Service”. These five board members are a treasure to this district. They are the jewels that help keep this district shining, and each of them knows that the ultimate treasure is seeing all students succeeded.

Like a map is used to find treasure, our board members create the maps that our district can follow. With the goals they set, budget they approve and accountability they expect, the map is clear and the treasure always in sight. The goals they have set helps map student achievement in our school district.

Thanks

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

You know those board members better than any strangers here do. Get to know what their individual contributions did to make the school district better.

We cannot critique the writing itself in this part of the site, and that kind of request would require more of a commitment to the site. The only part of the site where you could request that requireas that you too take part in critiquing - it's a workshop, not a service.

3. othman

othman Member

Well, first of all you do mean to be licking their shoes, right? Secondly if there are only five and depending on how long you want it you could add some individual praise and thirdly you used "district" way too much!!

4. TwinPanther13

TwinPanther13 Contributing Member

Go study the people you are writing about. Find out some interesting info about there personalities