Creepy Unexplainable Happenings

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FireWater, Jul 2, 2016.

1. bonijean2

bonijean2 Ancient Artists And Storytellers Rock

Robert - Perhaps all the paranormal activities previously associated with this campground was why it was empty in the first place, except for you guys. Sounds like an excellant case for "Ghost-Busters" to me.

2. Shattered Shields

Shattered Shields Gratsa!

Who you gonna call?!

.......Sorry

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  3. Vagrant Tale

Vagrant Tale Active Member

I've only told two other people this story because I feel like most will take it the wrong way. I have a pretty firm grasp on reality, and have always had this habit of seeking to explain fear to myself in order to cope with it, as when I was a child the only way to get through watching Jurassic Park at the t-rex scene was to tell myself over and over that it wasn't real, and it was just special effects. But this is a very strange memory I have and I'm not sure where it came from, but its been there for a very long time.

I feel that it must have been a dream, but its just so vivid, and I never wrote it in my dream journal at the time, which I wrote in every day when I woke up. I just can't place it anywhere, so please don't think I'm saying anything more than it was just a crazy dream I remember for some reason. Okay, here goes...

I was in 4th grade attending Justus Tiawah in Claremore, OK in the United States. I cannot remember why, but I was walking to school that afternoon, and luckily for me, the school was in a straight line away from my house. Unluckily, it was nearly a mile away, so I had quite a walk ahead of me.

I'll never forget how serene that place was. As I walked towards my school, to my left was a long series of fences protecting vast patches of yellow and green grass, what I had always assumed to be for grazing. To my left were the houses, including mine, separated by at least an acre in between each. Behind my house, and going towards the school, far behind the houses was a swamp, but the further one would go towards my school, the sooner that swamp turned into a valley, and that rolling slope far behind the houses to my left was something I always looked at every morning, even when I was on the bus.

I remember it was a sunny, clear day, and a slight breeze was welcome because it kept cooling me off. Being from Alaska originally, you can probably imagine how massive of an adjustment it was to me to be living in such a hot place.

As I walked towards my school for quite some time, and I cleared the swamp and the houses to finally look upon the valley far away, like I normally did, when something was there.

Now remember, I can't remember much about this day, why I was going to school at that time, so it had to have been a dream, but the image is forever burnt into my mind.

In the valley, slightly above the ground, there was floating a right-triangle. It was featureless, completely white (almost blindingly so, it hurt my eyes to look at it, like staring into a snowy bank covered in sunlight, not as intense as the sun, but it definitely hurt my eyes). And it was just there...floating slowly forwards. Very slowly, as if it were a toy slowly drifting across calm water. It cast a shadow on the grass below, and I was able to tell that it was flat and standing up. There were no seams, no signs, no engines, no marks of any kind. Just a completely smooth, flat, unblemished surface.

It gave me the creeps to look at, and having limited but frightful experience with tornados (being in Oklahoma) my body treated the massive thing like a force of nature, and I started to walk very fast, stopping once or twice to observe it, unable to decipher what it was. I was content to observe it until I realized it was moving, then I started to run towards my school. My view of the object was occasionally broken by houses passing between us as I ran, but nearing the cornerstore before the school, at least one more house remained when I looked again and it was gone, having only been there not even 10 seconds before when I had checked. I frantically looked around, thinking it had gone straight up into the sky, or had tilted and gone flat across the ground somewhere else, but I saw nothing anywhere. The strange object was completely gone.

The thing I kept thinking about for years after was that it didn't look like any kind of craft...it looked flat, like a piece of cardboard almost. I can remember getting to school staring at the sky, convincing myself that I had just been staring at the clouds, but as the years have gone on the image and that jarring sense of fear have never left me. What I remember most is the helplessness, how I felt so tiny in comparison, and that shadow on the ground, and the pain in my eyes. I'll never forget it, and I hate that I remember.

Again it was certainly a dream, but it's just so strange that I remember it so well, and that I never wrote it in one of my journals.

4. doggiedude

doggiedude Contributor Contributor

The only unexplainable story I have:

I used to work in a convenience store during my college years. I would get off work around midnight & drive home through a few miles of deserted farmland before I got home. Since I was young & stupid, I always drove entirely too fast. There was one blind curve I always tried to see how fast I could navigate. I think it was posted as a 35 mph curve & I usually took it going close to 70.
    Anyway.... This one night for absolutely no reason, I slammed hard on the brakes before I got to the curve & slowed to a more rational speed. When I came around the other side, there was a deer standing in the center of the road.

No idea why I slowed ahead of time.

Shattered Shields likes this.
  5. bonijean2

bonijean2 Ancient Artists And Storytellers Rock

Vagrant Tale - Seems you are a little uncertain as to whether this was a dream or not so did you experience any missing time? Some people believe they have been abducted by extra-terrestials since childhood.

6. Vagrant Tale

Vagrant Tale Active Member

No missing time as far as I know, I set out to school and saw it without a break, lost sight of it before the corner store, and arrived at the school playground. I remember sitting at the top of the slide and looking at the sky.

Something I should have emphasized more was how massive this thing was. It was HUGE. I can't really come up with an accurate estimate because it was quite a distance away, but if I had to guess I'd say at least six stories high and at least three times as long, but again the shadow cast was a straight dark line, so it was flat

7. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    I got black out drunk on Wild Turkey 101 once, and found out that Wal-Mart was not a dream. Conversely there was also a pact to never go back to that place of business.

Robert Musil and Oscar Leigh like this.
  8. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

I'm going to stay away from this thread. You guys have fun.
    [​IMG]