1. Alley

Alley Member

Beginnings

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Alley, Feb 24, 2015.

Hello there,

I'm happily enlisting myself with the other newbies looking forward to improving my writing skills and finding lots of inspiration and maybe even a person or two who'd fancy providing mutual motivation to keep going.

I have limited writing experience, and although I feel like I have a ton of story ideas in my head, they all seem to become mistier and mistier whenever I try to bring them onto the page, and off late that might be due to a lack of organising my thoughts and using the right tools. But that can be helped, right?

So here I am, partly to look at what other people are up to, and partly with an eye to receiving input at some point in the future, when I'll hopefully be able to pin my ideas down well enough to tell all those stories.

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and to learn about what drives you!

Alley

2. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

Hi Alley, welcome to the group! I'm not sure what drives me - imagination? I used to play with stuffed animals and give them soap opera lives. Now I create characters ... but not much has changed!

3. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, Alley, and welcome to the forum! Check out our New Member Quick Start Guide - it'll get you going around here.

You'll find a lot of newbie company here, plus a large number of more experienced writers. You'll fit in just fine! Participate and have fun!
    :)

4. Alley

Alley Member

Thanks for your warm welcome, @minstrel and @peachalulu! The Quick Start Guide was very helpful, and I really like what I read on the forum so far.
    I'm looking quite forward to seeing you around. :)

minstrel likes this.
  5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

Alley likes this.
  6. Alley

Alley Member

Thank you, @Gigi_GNR. I love your profile pic. :)