1. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Sorry Bitcoin Users

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lewdog, Feb 25, 2014.

Good Grief, it was bound to happen. A bitcoin exchange took the money and ran.

https://news.yahoo.com/bitcoin-exchange-mt-gox-39-website-down-053727771--sector.html

After earlier this week many bitcoin users had their accounts hacked and coins stolen, now comes news of an exchange that has just shut down and left with people's bitcoins and money. This is the risk you take with unregulated money!

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i just saw a news blurb that ATMs for bitcoin are in the works [or already on the street?]... don't know exactly how that'll work, though, since the things are not in tangible form... or are they...

3. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

No it would just give you a virtual conversion at the ATM. So if you cashed in .02 bitcoin you would get (x) amount of cash based on the bitcoin at the time.

You can actually get your bitcoin made into a tangible item, it is just a coin with the bitcoin reference number on it. I think a guy out in Colorado started making them.