1. Teele

Teele New Member

Crystan: Dawn of War (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Teele, Sep 4, 2008.

Crystan
    Dawn of War
    [FONT=&quot]
    Here is the discussion thread for Crystan: Dawn of War. Welcome aboard, and I hope you have fun!
    [/FONT]

2. Teele

Teele New Member

Crystan
    Dawn of War

Welcome, one and all, to Crystan: Dawn of War. This is my first time GMing an RP, and I hope to make the experience fun and memorable for everyone. If you have any questions/comments, don't be scared to ask, and feel free to fraternize openly on this thread!

Note that I might be waiting until Cyberpunk Mars finishes up before I lay down the First Post. In any case, I'll leave a few days for you guys to get some characters up.

May we create a killer story!

3. Teele

Teele New Member

I'd also like to introduce a newcomer to the WF RPG scene: my step-brother, Thagryn. I owe him a debt of gratitude, for it was he who convinced me to join up with WritingForums; definitely one of the best things I've done on the Net.

But don't worry! I won't let something trivial like family get in the way of the sadistic tendencies I will most likely develop... :D

4. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Ha, it seems that almost everyone that starts an rpg gets sadistic tendecies. I guess its just part of the job. :p

5. Thagryn-Sylrand

Thagryn-Sylrand New Member

But you'll let me kill Hawk right???

6. Mateius

Mateius Member

Yes, you're going down the Foxee route, eh Teele? :)

And I take it that you like Final Fantasy X. Mahri - Kimahri?

7. Teele

Teele New Member

LOL. I LOVE FFX, but actually honestly, I didn't grab that name from there. Came upon it myself. Shame on me, still, though, because I think EVERY fantasy setting somewhere includes a place or a person named Marr, or Mahr, or however you wanna spell it. :D

8. Teele

Teele New Member

And yes, I'm gonna end up sadistic, more than likely, and No, Thagryn, you can't kill Hawk. :D

And I'm also reading a large lack of something so far: a female presence! If we're looking for any kind of relationship-building here, we need females. I'll provide a few myself, maybe, but I'd prefer to have some influence from the actual ladies here. Ungood, recruit Katz!!! lol.

9. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    I have a female errr, actually I just wanted to double check that my profile was okay. I'm not sure if I've got the crystals right

10. Teele

Teele New Member

Yup! Awesome character, Kitty! Great everything. Glad to have you aboard.

Actually, all of you guys so far have done well with your Crystals. Exactly the sort of things I was looking for!

11. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    yay I was worried that I hadn't got it right with the race and the crystals :-D This game looks like it'll be fun

12. Teele

Teele New Member

I'm certainly hoping so! :D

13. Crescentvn

Crescentvn New Member

I really want to thank you for creating such a wonderful world, and what's more wonderful, it is really in details. I've only been joining a few RP recently, but never finished a single one. Mostly because there was no GM or whatever so eventually, people just wrote randomly whatever they want or just short conversations between characters which instantly ruined the game.

Back to Crystan world, I'm really impressive at how creative you are, and how much effort you poured in this. Not only the history of the world, even for each race, that's what impress me most. Currently I'm really into Drenning, the females would make great housewives don't you think? XD. But it's sad that they lose their homeland in the Upheaval. I also like Mahri, their personality is somewhat resemble me, and their meditation is cool.

I'm looking forward to this game, hope that I can participate in this awesome game well. And once again, thanks for your hard work. I'm still inexperienced so please go easy on me :D

PS: Btw, I also see you are a Kira follower?

14. Mateius

Mateius Member

Yeah FFX is awesome! I'm just before they fight Yunalesca. I'm surprised you didn't get the word from there seeing as how the Mahri are almost exactly like the character of Kimahri.

Interesting world, this should go well. I'm guessing you'll be starting this up once Mars and Thief Race are done?

15. Teele

Teele New Member

Hey dude!
    Aww, now you're making my head swell... :D
    Well, I plan to take a very active role in this game, but more to the effect that I'm actually a fellow-player than a GM who kinda just drops a scenario every once and a while and has the players react to it. Of course, that method is useful and can create some really awesome games (ie Cyberpunk), but in this one, I'll be more of a driving, guiding force through my characters. I'm gonna have some general goals and few outcomes that'll need to happen, but this is gonna be more of a collective story that we all can create and love and enjoy and hopefully want to come back to again and again. So! This is pioneering, in a way, but I think it'll be a good way to run the show. With that in mind, EVERYONE is free to PM or VM me to talk about the plot, what they'd like to see, what they didn't like, etc.

Secondly, thank you for all your kind compliments! Crystan is a world that has evolved over the past several (3 or 4, I think) years, and there's still a LOT of detail I have yet to add. A lot of this will come through stories, and that's part of why I wanted to run an RP. Get some new ideas and insights, and get myself excited about it again. I need to finalize Crystan's map(s), detail some special places in the world, talk a bit more of some of the strange effects of the Crystals on the world, and continue the history. The races got special attention, because I LOVE CHARACTERS!!! Seriously, more than plot, more than imagery and mechanics and everything else, I LOVE a well-developed character.

:D And yes, the Drenning are cool! Modeled slightly after the Hobbits of Middle-Earth (Tolkien is my model in writing and worldbuilding), and the females would most definitely make good wives! I love the Mahri as well; they got a piece of my personality, too. I'd have to say, though, my favorite races of the ones I've created are the Solan, and the Shale. The Solan because of their traditions of emotional silence, even though they rage with passions and feelings underneath. The Shale because they're carefree and cool and masters at the things they do.

Finally, I am not yet a Kira fan, but I may become one! I was tired of my lame avvies before and so I Googled up some anime/manga and began a search for someone who looked like the Teele from my story. Kira was the closest I could find, and so he was elected. SD later informed me that he was a character from an anime/manga called Death Note. When I find some more time, I'll definitely take a look at it!

:p I'm sure you guys probably weren't expecting a huge counter-rant! Sorry. I do that. :cool:

Glad to have you aboard, Crescent!

16. Teele

Teele New Member

Now that I think about it, it kinda surprises me, too!

And right you are! We're looking at probably next week sometime, if this one lasts as long as the standard CP.

17. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

This looks cool and I want to join.
    Its just I have to many character ideas.
    To many.
    And its hard to make a decision.:(

You made a to awesome RPG, if you make me indecisive.

18. Teele

Teele New Member

-bows- Thanks, Leaka! I am honored.

My advise is to just choose the one you like best and enjoy. If this goes over well, it won't be the last RPG to carry the name Crystan....

19. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Are whips allowed?

20. Teele

Teele New Member

Whips are most certainly allowed!

21. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Then my next character uses a whip.
    I'll post my profile.

22. Shadow Dragon

It takes a lot of creativity to create your own world. Good job. I hope you like my character (this is the third rpg that Chaos has been in).

23. Teele

Teele New Member

Awesome, SD! I haven't seen Chaos yet, so I look forward to seeing him in action!

The only thing I would nit-pick about is his age. I probably should make a note of this in the documents, but Aelin mature slower than Lennira (humans) on average. The equivalent age for your character would be around 38-40. Its not a big deal, really. Edit if you feel like it. ;)

24. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Profile posted.
    And I think its awesome.
    But, did I follow the rules of your world properly?

25. Shadow Dragon

That's part of the reason I made him that age. I want him to be really young by Aelin standards. Also, that's why he is still a student. Though if Aelin's aren't supposed to be fully grown by that age, just tell me, and I'll make him shorter.