Crystan: Dawn of War

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Teele, Sep 4, 2008.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

The man called Hawk was in no hurry so more of them must be expected, Piesca thought. She moved aside and sat cross-legged as the sailor did, looking up at Hawk briefly to make sure she wasn't doing wrong.

The notes of the flute seemed to bind with the flames in the pit, dancing, creating their story. Piesca heard for the first time in her life the call of the sea, the lure and the terror of it tasted in the plaintive notes of the flute.

It was utterly foreign to her, so different from the song of the leaves, the sun-filled buzz of honey bees in the blossoms, or the call of the Kyrotees at the moon.

Her eyes widened slightly and she turned to watch the man as he played, his strong fingers coaxing music from the flute, his hair burnished by firelight. He seemed as wild and untamed as the sea he invoked with his music.

This is why she had come here! This was that larger world. She couldn't help a delighted smile and when she had finished she applauded impulsively.

"How marvelous!" She exclaimed in her native Alarin tongue, "I would like to sail on the ocean."

Suddenly she became aware of all the eyes of the others and she lapsed into silence, blushing and biting her lip as she ducked her head. Chances were good that none of the people around the fire had understood her.

Would she understand the others at all? She suddenly felt anxious and tried to remember her foreign language lessons.

2. Crescentvn

Crescentvn New Member

The sound of birds chirping outside the window had wakened Arven Dol up. He stretched out and stepped down the bed. For him, a new day always started like this, but today was more special, the day he set out for a new journey. somehow he felt so excited that he forgot to complain how noisy the birds were, a special day like this, he would forgive them. Arven Dol went through the back door, there lied his small garden. The sun shone on his face, too bright that he had to put up the hands to cover his face. "Good weather," he said to himself. Using his Crystal to water the garden, felt a little sad he knew he would not have chance to do this for a while. "Goodbye, my friend will take care of you guys. Live well.". Went back into the house, Arven Dol checked up his belonging for the last time, his pouch, dagger, the garden clothes, and the most important thing the invitation. "All here. Ok, I'm all set," he said as he tied up his red headband.

"Dol. Dol, are you there?", he heard someone's voice.
    "Yeah, Rankie, wait a minute. I'm gonna open the door."
    Rankie was his childhood friend, he's 2 years older than Rankie and just married. Rankie grew up in a crowded family of eight people. Arven Dol knew it would be really hard for Rankie now he had his own family. So he decided to let Rankie live in the house until he could find a new house for his family.

"So are you ready yet?"
    "Yeah, I guess."
    "Then, let's go, I will take you to Aelinaust."
    "Is that ok? You still have work to do, don't you?"
    Rankie hit Arven Dol's back and said.
    "Don't worry. Besides you've never gone to Aelinaust right? I don't want you to get lost. And this is the only thing I can do to thank you."
    "If that's fine with you then shall we get going?"
    After the farewell party at his friend's place, Arven Dol said good-bye to Rankie's family and the neighborhood, then got on the donkey with Rankie. They began their way to Aelinaust.

When they reached Aelinaust, it's already sunset. The sea-breeze brought along the salty scent to Arven Dol, he took a deep breath, his feet touched the Aelin's soil.
    "Ok, Rankie, I can go it from here by myself, you should go back.", Arven Dol turned and said to Rankie.
    "Are you sure you don't need me to guide the way? this is your first time here after all.", Rankie replied worriedly.
    "I will be fine by myself, don't worry too much, I have the map with me." Arven Dol said confidently.
    "Be careful Dol, don't get into dangerous thing."
    "Ok, you too. Take good care of Shiria, now that she's your wife. And don't forget my garden."
    "Yup, got it."

Arven Dol watched Rankie until his figure got smaller, smaller and dissapeared. Arven Dol followed the map and finally got to the monolith. There he saw many people gathered already, the sounds of music which he didn't know the type but a good piece indeed, and after that loud voices of people. "Am I late for the party or something", he wondered.
    "Hello, I am here because of Mr Hawk's invitation. Is him here?".
    As he raised the question, he noticed a figure sat near the fire, his face seemed weathered and scarred. At that moment, he just knew that's Hawk.

3. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"NO OLD MUSIC!" Aida said at top of his lungs.
    He wasn't very fond of this type of music. He didn't care if he couldn't understand the words, the tune was bugging the heck out of him. This was not his style of music, he had heard to often with the other prodigies. This was the kind of music he was tortured with day in and day out.
    "I don't like old folksy music, don't you have something more fresh and funky," Aida said.
    Aida looked around. He noticed he was being to loud, but he didn't care very much. And the man in the robe was cool. Look now I'm in mysterious robe and I want to be not impatient and I want to make sure they all greet each other, Aida mocked inside his own head again giving the robed man an annoying old man's voice at the same time.

4. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

"NO OLD MUSIC!"

Orillon shook his head slowly. "Pompous donkey," he said, disregarding the man's request. "I'd expect nothing less from an Aelin, and I don't pander to your kind."

He turned to the young woman who was clapping. He feigned a non-understanding look to her words, even though he knew them clearly. "Well thank you m'lass," he said. "I'm glad at least someone enjoyed the tune of old." He smiled at her and gave a wink, still scrubbing at the mouth of the flute.

5. Bick

Bick New Member

Rani watched in splendor her eyes darting from each of the members. She couldn’t help but laugh on the inside as she slunk closer. She looked at the cranky one, and couldn’t help the devious grin. Boy, was she feeling naughty tonight. She grabbed Aida’s arm and swung around as if dancing, and quickly let go, going to the flute-players side.

“I think it’s maaarrvellous.” She said, the last word coming out in a gentle purr, “Where’d you learn?”

6. Ungood

Ungood New Member

Watching the banter between them Tooth thought quietly for he had hard that some of these people might be able to read minds. Their petty squabbling does not involve me, as such I shall not involve myself in it

Tooth remained standing flipping several scrid though his fingers dancing it from hand to hand as he watched the discussion and listened to the flute player.

The music was a nice but it mattered naught to Tooth if it was quiet, filled with music, or talking. In the end of things all that actually happens is, We wait for the 'others' to show up.

7. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Aida quickly dusted himself off after being touched.
    "Did even wash before you touched me?" Aida said, "I'm so filled with dirt...its disgusting, and old man don't be jealous cause I have the looks and you don't."
    Aida pouted slightly and turned stomping his foot. Aida was going to hold the position for a while, but then he plopped back on the floor.
    "Isn't there anything better to do than sit around," Aida said, "I'M SO BORED!"

8. Crescentvn

Crescentvn New Member

Arven Dol watched the people that he never met. He noticed that each was from different race. There he recognized Mahri, Iander because of their appearance. The flute player looked strong and kind of resembled a pirate so he guessed he's from Shale.
    Clueless to the situation, Arven Dol decided to ask that Mahri girl, she seemed a cheerful girl, but didn't forget to introduce himself.
    "Hi I am Arven Dol, a Drenning. Nice to meet you. May I ask are we in a party or something, I see people sing and dance. But is that the reason why we're here?"

9. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

"I'm so filled with dirt...its disgusting, and old man don't be jealous cause I have the looks and you don't."

Orillon chuckled. "Yeah you got the looks, boy," he said. "The looks of a girl!" He chuckled some more and waived off the Aelin. "If you're so bored, go climb a tree and rid us of your incesent whining, let us have our fun while we wait for the others to arrive."

10. Foxee

"NO OLD MUSIC!"

Piesca was startled by the loud rude voice and raised her head. The sulky man's accent was horrendous and the words sounded mangled but she caught the drift that he hated the music.

She didn't trust people who hated music. He was, as her father might have called him, a pisser.

In the next second a cat-woman was dancing the Pisser around which so obviously discomfited him that Piesca covered her mouth as she giggled.

The sailor turned to her, cleaning his flute and spoke. She had been taught the rudiments of many languages but he spoke so quickly and smoothly that all she caught was that he was thanking her and seemed kind enough. Most of that was his tone and body language.

She nodded politely to the sailor, ignoring the whining of the pisser-man, speechless and wishing she had learned far more of the languages rather than daydreaming during lessons.

Piesca indicated herself with one hand, gracefully almost touching her breastbone.

"I am Piesca." She said clearly and then indicated the sailor, looking into his face questioningly.

11. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"Shut up you old mole," Aida said, "At least I look nice, you're grubby....and I'm not going to climb a tree I'll get blisters and I hate blisters...I hate long travels, long walks, and I most definitely hate climbing trees.
    Aida looked at the sailor with a scowl.
    "Why don't you do something more entertaining?" Aida said, "If you are an entertainer then you should entertain what everybody likes."
    Aida flipped his pink purple hair and scooted closer into the crowd just to annoy the flute man.

12. Bick

Bick New Member

She looked sadly at the old sot who seemed to have a personality deficiency. Her throat emitted a barely audible hiss, but she quickly shot aside her instincts. She managed to bring her smile back as she took a looked at Arven. She grabbed his hand and shook it, sending vibrations through her body.

“Nice to meet you… Arven.” She said as she let his hand go, “I’m Rani, just Rani.” She paused and thought hard on his question, did she even know herself?

“I’m not sure I can answer that.” She sat down to her side. She eyed the Aelin, he unable to take the distaste from her mind.

“Then why are you here you soggy sot?” she said in a low growl. She looked at him with annoyance, "Why come if you can't even act proper in society? You think you're better then us because you're so called beautiful? You're uglier then a Krilind on the inside."

13. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

"I am Piesca."

The young woman looked at Orillon with a quizical look, and he kept expecting her to say something else. When she didn't he just smiled. "Orillon Benoit is the name," he said. "Swashbuckeler and tradesm-" before he could finish, he was interupted once again by the Aelin.

"Shut up you old mole," Aida said, "At least I look nice, you're grubby."

Orillon chuckled some more. "Let's clear the air of your fat-headeness," he said and stood up. "What're you, like 16, 17? I ain't much older than you," he shook his head, eyeing the young man's clothing. "And let's not even touch the wardrobe arena, princess."

The Aelin moved in closer. Orillon laughed some more. "Oh I got something you'll like."

He cleared his throat and stood facing the fire. He sang with a strong, tenor voice:

We rolled the seas, beneath our bows
    The Aelin moved like fatted cows
    We took our swords and struck them down with ease

The Aelin, oh, they hate us so
    While our numbers grow and grow
    We continue and always will suceed

The Aelin cower, cry and flee
    To the Coalition breed
    Their jealousy is showing through and through

Here we stand, tall and strong
    And pierce our tridents to the throng
    Of the
    big - rude
    Ae - lin
    brood

14. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"Don't bring my people into this you ugly mole," Aida said, "Jealous much all you species need to learn how to wash behind your ears more."
    Aida got up from where he was sitting.
    "You better watch yourself Mr. Grub and Salt," Aida said, "I'm not a very patient person."

15. Ungood

Ungood New Member

Watching them kill each other should be fun. I can always talk with the survivors.

Tooth took a step back from the fire and the group. He enjoyed the heat of the fire but not the hot air that was being generated.

16. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

"I'm not a very patient person."

"Really?" he asked sardonically. "How am supposed to know that? Not like you've been marching around here huffing and hrmphing about how bored you are."

He laughed merrily and then started turning around in circles, trying to look at his back. "Hey, hey," he said to the Aelin. "Look, I'm watching myself, see? I'm watching myself!"

He laughed some more, sitting down in front of the fire. "Go hang out with the Cimill, Mr. Serious," he said. "You're attitude would make you fit right in."

17. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Aida had enough of this man making fun of one of the seven prodigies this way. Aida took out his whip finally.
    "I'm not patient with losers like you," Aida said, "I'm going to make you dance like a monkey and when I'm done with you...you'll look worse then what you already do."
    Aida glowered at the man. You don't treat someone as precious as him this way.

18. Foxee

Piesca laughed again at Orillon's antics but sobered when Mr. Pisser got out his whip.

She shot to her feet angrily, a crossbow bolt fitted in the weapon as she drew it on the arrogant bastard.

So what her father said was true. Aelin were high-handed spoiled snobs who lived to beat all other races down. It was to the Alarin's shame that they shared any ancient bloodlines with these blood-sucking leeches.

"Put it away." Piesca told the Aelin snot clearly, "or I take out an eye and maybe even the very small brain behind it."

It didn't matter if he knew her dialect or not. The crossbow made her threat clear as it hummed under tension.

19. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

Orillon eyed the whip and then the Aelin. "Oh come on," he said and grinned. "I can already dance better than a monkey." He pointed down one of the trails. "There's a pool of water down that way, Mr. Vanity," he said. "Since you're so obsessive about looks, why don't you go stare into it for awhile...just don't drown!"

Orillon chuckled some more. "Hold on a tic," he said. "Let me go relieve myself in it first, might make the ugly scowl of yours look better."

Orillon got up, and walked past the Aelin towards the pool. That's when he heard Piesca: "Put it away or I take out an eye and maybe even the very small brain behind it."

Well, shoot, he thought. I guess things are more serious than I suspected.

20. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Aida looked at the girl.
    "Don't threaten me filthy wrench!" Aida said, "You're breed is so disgusting I can't believe you are threatening me with that piece of wood and string."
    Aida glared at the girl and put his whip away. He walked over to the pool and by doing so it got him close to the mole man. Aida slipped his foot underneath the man to make him trip into the pool.

21. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

As soon as Orillon saw the Aelin's foot move in his direction, his capoeira immediately kicked in. He fell forward bracing himself down on his right arm and kicked his legs up in the air, cartwheeling over the foot, and finally bringing himself to his feet again.

"You're treading dangerously close to hurtin, princess," Orillon hissed at the Aelin. "I was having a laugh with you earlier, but now you're pushin yourself over the line." He shook his head at the young man and walked away from him back to the fire, where he took a seat away from the others. He no longer felt jovial, or was in the mood to entertain anyone.

22. Bick

Bick New Member

She didn’t like being ignored. She hated it more then his attitude alone. She stayed where she was, her usual joviality leaving her mind. This old sot was definitely getting her last nerve, who acted like this in a proper society? Scum, that was for sure.

She watched from the sidelines, her hand staying close to her whip. She brought it out in a flash, as the gentleman nearly went into a fumble. She growled under her breath.

“Maybe, it’s best you keep to yourself you filthy sot.” She hissed.

23. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Aida smiled.
    Finally, I got that ugly guy to stop entertaining with old folk music, Aida thought, Now I have to get the others to do something more worth my time.'
    Aida plopped on the ground feeling satisfied with himself and he felt as if he accomplished something. Until some bumped in his mind and he remember the conversation at the secret shrine of the seven prodigies. Aida I know you and I know you are the most obnoxious one of the group. Promise me you won't make yourself out to be to much of a bother. Those were the last words he would hear of Bellrious, Bell for short. Aida missed Bell and he remember his promise. Aida scowled and walked up to the sailor man.
    "I'm sorry to have been a bother," Aida said remembering what he had promised Bell.
    Aida imagined the smell on Bell's face. He would have been so proud of Aida right now.

24. Bick

Bick New Member

She closed her eyes as she let her whip go back to the sash on her side. She listened to the movement around her, the sounds of nature itself filling her ears. The sounds of her companions breathing was most prominent, she could almost here the beats of their hearts. She opened her eyes suddenly, and looked at Orillon, and trotted towards him with a smile.

“I like your music, will you play sometime again?” she asked, “It sounds marvelous.”

25. Foxee

Was this life outside of the forest? Piesca pointed the crossbow at the ground but didn't disarm it. She could feel the blush for her impulsiveness high on her cheeks but she raised her chin defiantly. It was the right thing to do.

She had never killed a person before but she knew she could have very easily. It was almost a shame to free someone so onerous from this mortal life. Perhaps he could learn more trapped here in his misery.

Piesca stood just out of the firelight, too on edge to sit, the mood broken. She wondered if Hawk was simply studying them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.