Crystan: Dawn of War

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Teele, Sep 4, 2008.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

"Getting back into society and out of where I was. Sorry for not introducing myself, I am Elryn."

"Of course, how rude of me, I am Shar, but my freinds call me sharp." I said and exstended a hand in greatings. "Though if you ask me society is rather over rated." I joked, looking around at the people. "If it wasn't we wouldn't be here saving the world would we?" I added a bit more seriously, and looked back at Elryn.

2. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

"What ever you do shale, have no regrets in your decision."

Orillon looked away from the Iander, as the group steadily moved away from the monolith. He sighed heavily, lost in his thoughts. He shook his head and made his decision. He turned, and walked the opposite direction of Hawk and the others. If war is coming, the Shalan shall be ready, he thought walking down the trail, further away from the monolith. I'll be damned if I let my race go extinct.

3. Thagryn-Sylrand

Thagryn-Sylrand New Member

"Getting back into society and out of where I was. Sorry for not introducing myself, I am Elryn."

"Of course, how rude of me, I am Shar, but my freinds call me sharp."

Sharp put out his hand and Elryn looked at it confusedly. Then he remembered and shook it.

"Though if you ask me society is rather over rated."

Elryn did not appreciate this joke but did not think anything of it.

"If it wasn't we wouldn't be here saving the world would we?"

"No I guess not. But what ever this man Hawk says, we must each be wary and rightfully question the truth of his words. Do you not agree?"

4. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I shrugged, "The truth allways comes out in the end, if he's useing us than there is little we can do to prevent ourselves from being used unless you want to trust no one. That's not a way to live, so I say, go with him, keep an eye open, and what happens happens." I said as we walked after the man traveling to the east. "Though his choise of meeting at night is odd if he wanted us to travel." I added as an after thought.

5. Thagryn-Sylrand

Thagryn-Sylrand New Member

"Though his choise of meeting at night is odd if he wanted us to travel."

"I think it is better to travel at night. A large group of mixed races in the middle of Aelinaust travelling by day might not be well recieved. Besides I like travelling at night."

6. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Aida didn't talk much while everyone was getting to know each other. All he knew was he was bored and he wanted people to move faster.
    "Can you keep your mouth's quiet for a while?" Aida said.
    Aida scowled and picked up his right foot. His feet were starting to hurt from all the walking.
    "I don't want to walk anymore," he said.

7. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

"To each their own I guess." I said and then stopped for a moment. "Well, I for one would like to know where we're going?" I said and added, "Kind of missed the opening speach."

8. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

"Kind of missed the opening speech."

Hoden prefered not to speak with this motley band of races, nodding slowly to agree that he himself had arrived a bit tardy.

9. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

Piesca walked soft-footedly along a step behind Hawk. She listened to the babble of voices and realized that she did understand many of the words. Enough to gather the intent of most of the speakers.

Her eyes brightened when the young armored man rode up to Hawk on the wolf. The white animal was beautiful. It snarled at Hawk who gave no sign that he had even noticed and then the redhead had dismissed it.

As he spoke with Hawk, Piesca gained the wolf’s attention and made a soothing canine greeting sound, taking care not to challenge it by staring into its eyes.

At the same time she drew a small strip of dried meat from her pocket and nestled it in the palm of her hand, offering it to the wolf. The magnificant white animal sniffed interestedly at her hand, its ears pricked forward.

10. Bick

Bick New Member

She ignored Aida, and walked ahead of the group stopping nearby Piesca. She looked in awe at the creature, and the way she handled it. She trotted not far behind her companion and watched with great interest.

“That’s amazing.” She whispered.

11. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

Hoden's wolf trotted up to an Alarin girl, interested in the meat she was offering. Hoden strolled up to the girl, slightly unamused.

He cleared his throat so that the Alarin would notice his presence. "I wouldn't venture to close to Lisky" he said to her. He made a small whistling noise, and the wolf skipped around behind him, swishing its head to rip the meat to little shreds, eating happily.

Another Mahri girl also was walking towards them, uttering something that Hoden couldn't make out. He kept one hand firmly on the pommel of his short sword. This was a mysterious band of people, and he was largely unaware of their intentions besides the fact that Hawk needed them.

12. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

They were keeping quite a distance from Aida and they were all ignoring himself. He never made the right impression, but what kind of impression is hello and how are you. At least he was a character and he was pretty one at that. Aida wanted to sit so bad right now. If only there was someway he could float or hover off the ground. All Aida wanted was to be home and to have a warm bath. But he knew the other prodigies would be upset at him for being so selfish, they told he was more selfish then other Aelin in the village.
    "Want to hear some jokes?" Aida asked.
    As much as Aida hated other less intellectual races he didn't like not being around people. After a while Aida wanted people around him as well.

13. Foxee

Piesca understood enough to know he was warning her...and maybe a bit territorial about his wolf. She bent her head in a sketch of the same brief respectful greeting she had given Hawk.

"I do not fear the animal," she told the redhead with a level look, "he is a strong brother."

14. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

"I do not fear the animal," the Alarin had told him, rather straight forwardly. "he is a strong brother."

Hoden smiled. "Your quite the animal lover then, Lisky has been with me for a few years now, he usually isn't so tender to strangers. Whats your name?" Hoden asked.

15. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Chaos walks up to the gathering around the wolf and says to the Alerin "Wow, I had heard that your people had a strong connection to animals, but that was really impressive. Its nice to meet you all of you, granted its always nice to meet people that have nothing to do with the lords or council. I am Chaos." He gives all of them a short head bow.

16. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

"Wow, I had heard that your people had a strong connection to animals, but that was really impressive. Its nice to meet you all of you, granted its always nice to meet people that have nothing to do with the lords or council. I am Chaos."

"And I am Hoden Severus, Captain of the Riders of Pale" acknoledging Chaos's formal greeting. The Aelin male was tall and very slender, unlike Hoden. His silver hair was sleek and reflective. "Pleased to meet you Aelin." Hoden said.

17. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Aida noticed everyone gathering around the wolf. Such a hideous creature and so full of dirt. But a canine was getting more attention then he deserved. Aida flipped his purple hair and wondered if he should venture over. But that wolf may attack him. Aida made his way towards the animal and its owner trying not to be super direct or offensive.
    "Um...that is a pretty wolf you have there," Aida said.
    Truth was Aida didn't want to be alone.

18. Foxee

Piesca had to take a moment to figure out what the redhead was saying but she realized after a moment.

“I am Piesca,” she said in her native Alarin tongue.

The wolf, having finished his morsel came back to her, wagging his tail and nudging her hand with his huge muzzle. He allowed her to give his ears a rub before trotting off a few paces and watching something in the distance that only he could see.

“And I am a Tamer.” Piesca smiled, wondering how much of her language the redheaded warrior, this Hoden, would understand. If she had to guess she would say he was Erissi with those eyes that drank in the starlight.

Her face changed, becoming guarded and remote as the silver-haired Aelin approached them. He walked with a lordly way of carrying himself and after the whining and bullying of the first Aelin she braced herself for rudeness.

So she was surprised when he looked down at her and not only spoke politely – even if in that archaic dialect – but also gave the group a polite nod of the head. She was so shocked that she was driven to exclaim.

“You are an Aelin?” As she said it Piesca realized it must sound rude, “Pardon me,” she told Chaos, nodding in return, “it is pleasant to make your acquaintance."

19. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I was about to go over and check out the wolf when I noticed my rude old freind trying to make small talk. I walked up from behind him and stood next to him. "Not a bad attempt at casual conversation my lord, but you might want to try smiling when you say it, and not pausing." I said and smiled kindly at him. "Though the wolf is a lovely creature, and seems to be surrounded by other lovly creatures." I said smirking at the two women around the wolf.

20. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

Hoden found himself becoming surrounded by the group of adventurers, making him slightly more uncomfortable. The growing interest of his rare steed was getting Hoden particularly unwanted attention, but he decided to get to know them anyway although wary of their movements.

"Um...that is a pretty wolf you have there" another Aelin said, although he was adorned in a much different set of armor then Chaos.

"Lisky is a male wolf" Hoden told the man. He eyed the man and noticed he carried a coiled whip of great length. "So, you are a priest?" he asked. Then the Alarin girl, considerably younger than him, spoke in a foreign tongue.

“I am Piesca,” the girl said “And I am a Tamer.” Hoden took some time to understand, before replying in fluent Alarin,

"Well met Piesca, what brings you here to aid this man Hawk?" he had been on many far lands with his fellow wolf riding knights, and had learned a few languages of the more civil races, the Alarin being a somewhat peaceful people had showed him the basic tongue.

21. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"Lisky is a male wolf" Hoden told the man. He eyed the man and noticed he carried a coiled whip of great length. "So, you are a priest?" he asked.

"Male's can be pretty as well...just look at me I'm an example," Aida said, "No, I'm actually one of the seven....I mean yes I am a priest."
    Aida nearly broke another rule. The seven prodigies were never to be spoken about. They were a secret religious group. They were no cult, but they had a lot of power.
    No one knew about them and it was suppose to be that way. Aida's mouth was to big sometimes.

22. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

"I can understand you're suprise. My race has a bad reputation for being rather smug at times. And growing up with the other children of the council and lords, I can honestly say that that reputation is well deserved. I admit that I can be rather vain about my appearance and tend to think very highly of myself at time, I believe that only a fool looks down upon those that he doesn't know. That and I know what it's like to be looked down upon due simply to being young. It's nice to meet you Piesca." Chaos turns towards the wolf rider and says "I have heard about some of the battles of the pale riders while doing research on militaries. It's nice to have an ally of your skill with us."

23. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

After a few hours of walking, Orillon was back at the Albatross. His four-man crew looked at him, but said nothing. They had never seen him this quiet before, he hadn't even acknowledged them when he returned.

"Make ready for sail, cap'n?" one man asked.
    "Nah," he responded quietly. "The seasons are changing, tide is getting rough. Best to wait 'til the mornin to set out."
    The men looked at each other. "Are you alright, cap'n?"
    "Yeah," Orillon responded. He wasn't sure if he should tell them about the meeting. "You four go into town, show these stiffs how to throw a party..." he drifted off looking back at the top of the mountain.
    "What happened at that mee-"
    Orillon cut him off and gave him a cold stare. "Just go enjoy yourselves."

No one argued after that. Orillon went below deck and grabbed his hammock. He set it up on deck, and lay in it quietly, staring at the Thousand Stars. Taking out his spitter and converting it into the flute, he played a tune with strong sorrowful notes as he pondered the future.

24. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

"I have heard about some of the battles of the pale riders while doing research on militaries. It's nice to have an ally of your skill with us."

"Interesting, I didn't know our reputation preceeded us this far." He said to the noble Aelin, he must have been quite intelligent and savvy of the Erissi people to know about his comrades. But, the man did not seem surprised to see him in person, as Hoden was the founder of the riders and undebatably the most skilled of them all with the Erissian lance.

The other Aelin male spoke up to Hodens right. "Male's can be pretty as well...just look at me I'm an example," he said. The pale knight was unsure if the comment was a statement of the Aelins feminine features, or an insult to his mount. He had decided not to answer him, instead just glaring his way, making the Aelin uncomfortable with his shadowy eyes.

"No, I'm actually one of the seven....I mean yes I am a priest." the priest said, shifting a bit in his thin armor. Hoden didn't know if he'd stumbled on the word seven but didn't interrogate the Aelin on it, he would rather not start becoming enemies with anyone.

25. Bick

Bick New Member

Rani couldn’t help but giggle at Sharp, her face burning lightly with a blush, though luckily for her no one could see it through her thick silky fur. She fell back, not wanting to be near that troll of a person Aida. Her steps were light, as she went to a skip. She hummed to herself lightly as she licked the fur on her hands and arms clean. She paused and looked back at the others, her hand going around her sash.

The wolf scared her quite a bit, but she’d never say that. She’d never let them know she was afraid, so was the world. She sighed and continued on with her skip half-heartedly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.