1. MeganHeld

MeganHeld Senior Member

Current Writing Muse

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by MeganHeld, Jul 22, 2012.

I find that with every book my muse changes. Whether it be a song or a person. Currently, my muse is two songs: Eyes open by Taylor Swift and Both of us by B.O.B ft. Taylor Swift.

Both songs have such powerful lyrics and the actual music itself is fantastic. Musics has always set the mood and tone for my novels. As well, I like to give my characters a theme song in a way.

What is your current muse? Or, what are your muses?

2. inkdweller

inkdweller Member

Beautiful songs, I'm curious about what type of writing you've been doing...? v u v

Hmm, lately my big inspiration has been from anime shows. I love a good anime with griping characters and art. They've sort of replaced book for me this past year (sadly D:). I'm also a deviantartist so I get lots of inspiration from browsing all sorts of gorgeous artwork, especially conceptual stuff. I don't really have any particular song inspiring me right now, but music is huge for inspiration to me. A random song I might hear on the radio could end up giving me a new idea for something in one of my stories. I like this because it keeps my ideas flowing and fresh.

3. MeganHeld

MeganHeld Senior Member

Deviantart is very addictive. Once you start looking hours have been wasted away. I am writing a dytopian YA based in 2065. What type of deviantart are you drawn to most?

4. inkdweller

inkdweller Member

Interesting, and with songs like those holding inspiration even more so. o u o

Oh yes indeed, I might get on thinking to check one thing and end up browsing for hours. Mostly I stick to digital work, anime-style to fantasy-painterly, but I'm also very fond of inkwork. A few of my friends post writing or photography so I keep an eye on that too.

http://borderline-lala-land.deviantart.com/
    http://levidansam.deviantart.com/

These people are pretty interesting and unique I think, not a good example of what I usually look at, but they're very inspiring to me.
    And how about you?

5. MeganHeld

MeganHeld Senior Member

Let me in by Borderline lala land is amazing. Somedays I wish that would happen to me. lol And well, LeviDansam, I cannot chose. I always find visual art so much more stimulating and enjoyable by all. The colours and images are both powerful and beautiful. I can definitely see why you find them inspiring.

6. vVvRapture

vVvRapture Member

For me, it's usually anime or video games. Even when I listen to music, I imagine a scene that is very much influenced by action in a video game or in an anime. My most recent work has been influenced by Gundam, Chromehounds, and similar mech-based fiction, for example.

7. Pythonforger

Pythonforger Carrier of Insanity

In my experience muses are nonexistent.

I don't stare at anime/deviantart or spend hours looping a song just to get inspiration. Either I'm just casually watching anime when suddenly a bolt of lightning strikes me or I'm doing something (eating, sleeping, talking, walking, reading, surfing the net, playing a video game) when suddenly the bolt appears.

8. Trilby

Trilby Contributing Member Contributor

I don't have an external muse - my muse just takes over my thoughts and does my work for me.

Trouble with my muse is - it only appears when it thinks fit. I cannot turn it on/off, like a light bulb.