1. Curupira22

Curupira22 Member

Curupira's Progress

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Curupira22, Jun 24, 2014.

So I figured I put something up on my current list of crap and my objectives/goals. so here goes;

New Day - Complete, In Review

upload_2014-6-24_16-18-50.png

Goal - Submit for critique, amend and, dare I say, self publish? Complete Critique and review by the end of October.

The Lone Star Paradigm - Complete, to be reviewed.

upload_2014-6-24_16-23-56.png

Goal - progress with internal review, chopping out as much crap as possible so that it is ready for critique. On going effort.

Scourge - Complete, To be reviewed.

upload_2014-6-24_16-24-29.png

Goal - progress with internal review, chopping out as much crap as possible so that it is ready for critique. On going effort.

Eclipsed - In Progress

upload_2014-6-24_16-25-1.png

Goal - complete by the end of the year.

Black Hills - stalled.

upload_2014-6-24_16-25-46.png

Goal - work out if I can be bothered to finish this one. Need heavy re-working.

Untitled - In progress, active.

upload_2014-6-24_16-26-10.png

Goal - Give it a name!

So there we go. Busy, busy, busy. :D

2. Wreybies

Wreybies The Ops Pops Operations Manager Staff Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

Are these the project stats as they appear in the Windows version of Scrivener?

3. Curupira22

Curupira22 Member

no, just my appraisal and MS Word screen shots.

I keep meaning to look at that Scrivener thing.

4. Wreybies

Wreybies The Ops Pops Operations Manager Staff Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

Ok. Just wondering. :)

5. Curupira22

Curupira22 Member

my (nearly) weekly update.

New Day - Complete, In Review
    View attachment 5676

Update:

It's been a long week or reading, editing, re-reading, editing ad infinitum, and that's just the first 3 chapters. Thankfully, I've been able to prune out a large proportion of un-necessary narrative, streamline dialogue and even add some pieces to improve the flow, resulting in a reduction of about a thousand words but a much better opening few chapters, over all. All in all, making good headway.

Untitled - In progress, active.

Update:
    I've not spent any time actually writing this but that's probably a good thing since I've had time to go over the ideas, structure them a bit better and develop the story idea and think I have something I'm going to really enjoy writing, once I get bored of editing the other(s).

Additionally, I have downloaded the trial for scrivener - going to be really interesting to see if that makes a difference, especially with the stuff I've been doing for the untitled project, since that is still in it's infancy.

Super phun thymes. :D

6. Curupira22

Curupira22 Member

Hmm, can't believe it's been more than 2 months since I did anything but I have been so incredibly busy that I've just had no time or inclination to sit down and start writing. Plus, when you write proposals, project documentation and technical docs all day to the extent I have been, the last thing you want to do is start typing for fun...

But this week I had something of an epiphany that has prompted me to pick up on the untitled project and push on, having re-imagined the beginning and the overall structure of the first chapter. Suddenly it's interesting and I think people would want to keep reading where before it felt like an information dump. I even have a temporary working title that will either become relevant and therefore permanent or will tide me over until I can think of something better. So who knows. This time next week I may have actually progressed past the first chapter. Scary stuff!