:D Batman: The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by WhoWatchesTheWatchmen?, Jul 25, 2008.

1. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

yup, kinda but towards the end of the movie.

They weren't really collaborating or anything. The Joker just pointed Two-Face in the "right" direction.

2. Raven

Raven Banned

The joker is set for a return but since ledger departed they will proberly leave it a movie or two before his return. King Tutt is one of the front running villians. Harvy two face is certainly set form a return but not as a focal villian for the Caped Crusader (Batman III)

How do I know all this. Well anyone who knows me knows I know all about the Batman. ;)

Nolan wants to focus his story arch on the other villians that pop up but not as much in the lime light. Or to even create a new villian. But its likely to be 2011 before you see the newer movie.

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I thought you were batman, Raven?

4. Raven

Raven Banned

Now that would be telling. ;)

5. dushechka

dushechka New Member

I LOVE BATMAN!
    Seriously, the Joker is amazing.
    6 out of 5 stars. ; )

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Uh oh. I think that sixth star has a fuse...

7. dushechka

dushechka New Member

A fuse that opens a vortex of amazing cinema!

8. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

Well, Hush can still work for a villain. Nolan doesn't need the other villains to make him work and he doesn't even have to use the story. He could just play with ideas of the character.

King Tutt is too corny, but that's just me :D

9. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

I don't read the comics, so the last time I saw King Tutt was in the Adam West show. Like BrinkofDawn said, he just seems too corny. Nolan will prove to me that he is a genius if he manages to pull this guy off and maintain the tone of the other two movies. And Oscar all the way for Heath!

10. Raven

Raven Banned

You forget King Tutt was way back in the 60s and even Batman himself was corny with his many gadgets and his wondrous utility belt with bomb proof spray. LMAO!

In the modern world King Tutt could be done very sinisterly and very vile and evil. Nolen has also the opportunity to produce 5 Batman Films with a following story arch. The Joker will return but not in the third film. My guess that will be left for the fifth.

Just do not forget Batman way back in the 60s was very corny and today is very much how Bob Kane wanted to portray this Vengeful Knight.

11. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

I repeat, could we please get your source for saying King Tut (spelled with one 't', by the way) will be in the next movie?

12. Raven

Raven Banned

To give my source would give my secrets and that I ain't doing. Those that know me Know I'm always correct with my info. Sometimes even spot on. But Ivan you should know me better. :p

Mark my word. ;) :p

13. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

What can I say? I'm a Scully.

14. StealSniper

StealSniper New Member

kind of random, but i'd be cool to have a batman Rp, kind of hard to get it started, but it would still be fun.

15. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

A Batman RPG would cause some problems too, what with everyone wanting a certain role and all. Maybe a DC Universe RPG.....

Anywho, I still don't think King Tut makes for a good villain. It's not just the decaded he was in, it's his actual character and (to me) a rediculous name and I'd be surpirsed if Nolan actually threw him in there.

The Riddler is my best bet. I read something on Yahoo last night that if they did the Riddler that they'd think about casting Johnny Depp for the role.

16. Cogito

I'd much rather see RPGs on the site in which the player creates and develops his or her own character through interacting with other characters and meeting challenges. This is, after all, still a writing site.

17. BatCountry

BatCountry New Member

I doubt the Riddler. The Dark Knight had a Joker. We don't need a Riddler. I'm betting towards a "mutant". eg. Mr. Freeze, Man-bat etc.

18. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

Characters like those aren't realistic for the new Batman movies though. As you can tell the new Batman movies are different from the other super hero movies these days. No superpowered criminals.

The Riddler doesn't even compare to the Joker. Jim Carrey pretty much brought in the unnecessary funny to the character in Forever.

19. Cogito

At the time Carrey played the Riddler, he did a pretty decent job of making him more dangerous than comedic. The overall slant of the franchise, on the other hand, was toward a lighter Batman. I don't blame Carrey, I actually thought it was one of his better roles.

But I can easily see the Riddler in the light of a modern serial killer, along the same lines as the Zodiac killer taunting police with clues as the people become increasingly terrified.

20. Raven

Raven Banned

Not at all Carey did a good job of a movie franchise aimed more at a family audience.
    I 100% fully agree. It also makes the game play much better.

I thought Carey did a brilliant job of the riddle he was playing him like a nut job psychotic. Which fits the Batman villains profile just nice. And like you say the Schumacher movies were aimed at a lighter audience trying to mimic the 60s Adam West series which modern CGI effects and a big budget.

21. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

Well, I take back the statement about the unnecessary funny. I did actually like his performance now that I think about it. I did like the way he said "riddle me this, riddle me that".

I just don't think the Riddler should be super-psychodic funny like Carrey played him. Just punchline funny.

And I agree with Cog about the Zodiac feel. I think the Riddler should be more like that.

22. Raven

Raven Banned

It would certainly fit the profile of Nolens story arch.

23. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

The Riddler to me seems most appropriate for the next movies. Most of the other Batman villains just don't fit because of either the powers they have or they just aren't realistic enough to pull off. I'm pointing at Man-Bat, Killer Croc, Clayface, Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze.

The new movies have criminals, not supervillians. It's that approach that makes the new Batman movies more interesting to me and I hope they stick with it. It shows Batman's obvious difference and greatness from the rest of the superhero movies these days.

24. Raven

Raven Banned

Well King Tut has no super powers and I can see him fitting in just nicely. I also heard a rumour of catwoman returning. God I hope they only cast Jolie for the Catwoman 2 film. Christ shes a goody in looks and the usual but she hasn't the image for this story arch of dark villians.

25. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

I'm personally sick of Angelina Jolie being in action films. She's not appealing to me at all.

I never liked Catwoman and I could never like the character, so whoever plays her in Catwoman 2...well, good luck.

King Tut has a cheezy origin though. He's a professer who bumps his head and thinks he's actually King Tut. It's highly unlikely that could happen to anyone in my opinion and even if Nolan did want to use him would it really an interesting character to use and would it do the story justice?

I forgot who posted that article a while back (think it was Oasis) but the Riddler seems like the best choice. By the way TDK ended he'd probably be brought in to try and find Batman while the caped crusader tries to clear his name.