1. KrisTheZombie

KrisTheZombie New Member

Any Ideas//Help?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by KrisTheZombie, Dec 17, 2009.

Name: Krystel (Kris) (he parents originally names her Kry Star)

Appearance: Hair is a dark rich almost black, purple. It is naturally like that. She has fangs on top and bottom. She has an 'Elf-like' nose and heart shaped face. Her eyes are a deep bright purple but she wares dull brown contacts in public.

She has a small 'innocent' and weak looking frame but she is actually quit tough, which comes natural to her race.

She has slightly pointed ears and is about 5' 4".

she has smallish leathery dark purple wings framed by small 'finger-like' bones. (think bat) They only have a 3 foot span though since shes still young but can get up to 10 feet by the time shes full grown.

She also has a rare 'Double tail' which is as well dark purple. she can control them but they tent to have a min of their own sometimes.

But since she lives on Earth she Hides both her tail and wings in homemade brace and almost always wares a hoodie. kind of like a security blanket.

If someone was to describe her they would probably use the word 'Faye, Fairy, or Elf although shes more like a Demon then anything else.

Why is she on Earth?: When she was around 150ish (Very young for her race) she ran away because when you get a cretin age in her world they force you to get married for life. they girls have no choice. Kris doesn't think this is right so she tells herself to get out as quick as possible.

she had heard about 'portals' that some of the adults use to travel from world to world so she decided to find one.

the one she happened to find led her to earth.

Shes a 'Demon'...so does she have any special powers?: Yes but she never learned to use them. Shes in the process of teaching herself to levitate objects and she can also shape shift into a purplish black furred fox like creature. (Think a mix between a Binturong, fox and a wolf) which is alarmingly fast and can climb better then a monkey.

How bout death?: her races life expectancy is around 50,000 years. they can also self heal so it is fairly hard to kill them but it is possible if they take enough damage.

_____

Just an Idea fom my new story. Any ideas to make her better or more believable?

im kinda tired so if i forgot to post something and you have a question just ask.

I have a few other characters i might post to...this seems to help me.

2. Davylove21

Davylove21 Member

I'd leave the age a mystery, all I can think of is what did she do for 150 years to stop her learning any powers? 150 years is unimaginably long for anyone so I'd just not mention it, that way you have more freedom, less to explain and I can believe that she was never taught rather than too stupid to learn.

3. KrisTheZombie

KrisTheZombie New Member

Shes only been on earth around 50 years.

she was 150 when she ran away and now shes 200. I see your point though. It is a fairly long time for a normal human.

Basically shes been trying to live like a normal human and help people for those fifty years.

4. Kas

Kas New Member

This is something that comes up often. Cogito and Wreybies give the best answers, but I'll toss ya the short version for now.

Your character will either come to life or remain a mannequin, depending on how you write. It's nice to have your characters well thought-out beforehand, but no list of features, attributes, skills or personality traits will make them believable or interesting. That's all up to how you portray them within the story.

I would say, start writing--now. Let your character come to life as you create the first scene. Fill in/come up with the relevant details as required. It isn't necessary to have every little thing planned out before you begin. And if she's wilting, you can always go back and give her some water.:)

5. KrisTheZombie

KrisTheZombie New Member

Oh, I know. This just helps me for some reason. I don't have my story all the way plotted yet so I'm not going to start writing it now but i have been writing little scenes with her and my other guys that have nothing to do with my story. lol Thanks though. :]

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

kas said it for me... ditto all of that...

7. writewizard

writewizard New Member

I like the idea, but I fiind it horrifically unreailstic that anyone can - or would want to - survive for 50,000 years. Even Edward, in Twilight, is only a hundred and eight. Other than that, I love her character. I about did a double take on the 200 years until you mentioned it wasn't natural, though. So so far, very nicely done.

Edit: I wish I could be two hundred years old and still look ilke I'm 17...