Dating Both Twins

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Alexlayer, Dec 12, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renee J

Renee J Senior Member

I'm a woman and I guess I'm a little kinky, because the idea intrigues me. But, not long term.

Odile_Blud likes this.
  2. Leigh Silvester

Leigh Silvester Member

From my very limited experience of knowing twins, all feel that having their own identity and being recognised as individuals is important to them. They are no different to any other person in wishing to have their uniqueness acknowledged.
    To participate in a scenario such as this risks undermining their individuality and tacitly accepting that they might be treated as an homogenous entity. Why would two female twins wish to date the same man any more than two unrelated ladies would? Think most women, irrespective of their degree of relatedness, would want an exclusive relationship. I think this would be true of most male twins in the same situation.

So a highly unlikely situation in reality. This isn't to say that no twins have ever played games on other people, however physical similarity does not translate into personalities that can not be differentiated. People who knew them would usually be able to tell them apart.

keysersoze and jannert like this.
  3. osu45d

osu45d New Member

that sounds really creepy, and i dont think that any twins would be up for it. also i would say no as despite the fact that they are similar inevitably you would fall for one more than the others

4. Namloth

Namloth New Member

I think it would be fascinating, and yes I would be interested. The problem being that since my interest would be a lot more clinical than carnal, it probably wouldn't last.

5. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

I spent 11 years of my youth romantically (then sexually) involved with a guy who had an identical twin brother. Oddly enough, even though they looked enough alike to fool me at a distance, and certainly sounded enough alike to fool me over the phone—and yes, they did play phone games like that!—I NEVER fancied his brother. I mean, his brother was a nice guy and I liked him, but they weren't the same at all. Not even when I first met them. I was instantly attracted to the one, but not the other.

The two of them were raised to be different, didn't dress in the same clothes, only shared a few friends, pursued different careers, etc. They were and still are close, but certainly weren't interchangeable. I'd say most twins would agree that they're individuals. You ask them, and they'll say things like: oh, she's the outgoing one, or he doesn't have a clue about fixing cars, or whatever they perceive their differences to be. They may be close enough, even inseparable in many ways, but they do develop in different ways. I think the 'share a twin for sex' fantasy comes from others, not from the twins themselves.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  6. Twinning

Twinning New Member

I made an account just to reply to this thread, and realised how old it is.

This can happen, and it is currently happening to me. Well, kind of. Nothing is official, but I am seeing both of them.

I met both twin guys on different dating apps. They are identical twins but environmental factors and lifestyles have made them look slightly different; one shaves his head and one is a little chubbier than the other. Their personalities and texting styles are definitely different from one another, but their tastes are similar and they live together. They both mention having a brother, with one only joking that his was the evil twin. I didn't take the twin part seriously.

Upon talking to both, the one with the more outgoing personality invited me over to hang out while his twin was out. No pictures (guys don't seem to have many photos on the walls), referring only to the other as his brother. Sometime later, the other twin invited me over... with the same address. It didn't really dawn on me until I started coming down the same streets.

Were they friends, roommates? Nope, and it was a like something out of a movie--one opening the door with the other one with clear shot to looking outside. They were the other one's brother. Twins that I had already been connecting separately with. Neither had shown a picture of me to each other and hadn't really talked about any girls they weren't official with.

It's... complicated. For me, it's like dating two different people that only NOW look very similar; it felt like dating friends. For them, they're still trying to figure out what to, and neither wants to leave.

I care about both of them so very much, and if I can continue to see them both, I would hope to. I would love to spend time with them both together and separately.

I'm polyamorous, if that's not apparent. This would not a triad.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  7. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    There's no rule here about restarting old threads, but how on earth did you manage to find and resurrect a thread that hasn't been active in five years and three hundred fifty days? Honestly, I think the OP (who wandered off four years ago) probably got their answer.

Rockatansky likes this.
  8. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

This was mostly Debate Thread trash heaped on a legit post.
    I'm not disgusted or intimidated, or even apprehensive about behavior I don't have to participate in. The idea of it is exactly that, an I D E A. Nearly every negative opinion I've read here is a judgment, with an attempt to use data as a hammer to tell someone else what they can't do. :supermad:

I'm weary. I'm irk-ned. This is not the Conservative Writing Forum. It's certainly not the Conservative Publisher's Forum. If you don't appreciate a writer's effort to try something, stay out of it. What possible good does it do to crush an idea, especially if you don't like it!
    I'd imagine the OP left crying in despair, leaving his laptop and notes on the step to blow away. Maybe he would have written a great story or a wet sticky mache'. And then, his next insight for a story would save millions of lives! Does it feel better to throw stones in defense of your own frailty, at the expense of someone's creative expression? It's happened before, I guess, institutionally, hasn't it?
    If it's non-harmful and non-destructive (to the individual, not the gaggle), why declaim it? Ironic then, that those making the effort to snuff sexual expression will statistically render themselves extinct in the long game. Nature takes care of its own. No one here speaks for the masses, even if a thousand times more people agree. No one person speaks even for those they are in agreement with. Own what you say. If there's just one handful of consenting peeps enjoying their non-harmful (to them) sexuality. Declaiming it is just wrong. Full stop. Nature enforces Truth, regardless of opinion.

Writers: If you want help to write something, and receive discouragement or judgment, or anything non-constructive, report it.

I've been out of practice since I was born, but here's a declamation:
    Mods, save the encouraging minority of responses and bump the rest to the Debate Bucket. I wouldn't want anyone's expression to be deleted. o_O
    I'm just so sad :supercry:

Cave Troll likes this.
  9. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    As I mentioned above, this is a thread that was dead for six years until today. I don't know who you think you're berating, but of all the respondents prior to my post, there are only three who are currently active members.

This is a thread that should have been left to die a natural death, but it looks like it needs a stake through the heart.

:closed:

keysersoze, Some Guy and Rockatansky like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.