Dawn Tides

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Mr Mr, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

M / Robin
    M caught Robin off guard as he burst through the block and back handed him. Robin blocked the brunt of the attack but was still pushed back. M brought his other hand round as Robin pushed it down before delivering a double handed punch. M moved back slightly and kicked, Robin flying into a wall. M laughed and his arms melted into magma.

"So how shall we do this, as men or beasts? Or shall we see if you can push me into my halfway form?"

"I'll push you." Robin said. He gave his arms a flick, large metal feathers spreading out over them. With a roar he ran at M. As M brought a magma hand up to block Robin sliced it clean off. It reformed almost instantly and they continued, Robin would slash then M would block. Robin paused momentarily and M threw an uppercut. Robin only just managed to get a wing in. His face saved from melting he was launched into the air and over another house. M grumbled and headed after him. Inside the house were a couple. They tried to hide as M came in, it didn't work. M saw them and opened his mouth spewing magma at them. It hit the mans leg melting it away and carrying on through the floor. The woman was hit in the chest, falling through the hole into the water along with the man.

Robin readied himself as M came out through the wall of the house. Wings spread he moved them like he was throwing knives. Metal feathers flew towards M as Robin continued spinning, more feathers heading his way. M was stopped. The feathers were flying faster than his heat could melt them. Angry M opened his mouth magma spewing towards Robin in a torrent. Robin straffed away flapping into the air and onto a roof. The stream of magma followed, the building and its occupants dissapearing into the sea with a hiss as the flood was melted. M followed as Robin flapped away.

"Oh Robin, I remember you being so much stronger than this. What happened? I haven't even used my animal form."

Robin didn't answer. He continued flying over the floatilla as M persued. He nearly had M just were he wanted him and M had no idea. Then again M had never been one to think before acting. As M got closer Robin landed. They were in the centre of the floatilla now. M slowed as he came towards Robin.

"Are you giving up?"

"Never." Robin said clapping his wings together. There was a high pitched screech then a crash as any nearby metal was sucked towards M. Cannons, railings, swords, everything flew at him. They pulled together trapping M in a tight shell. But Robin wasn't done. He slammed his wings into the floor the wood around M growing up around him like roots. More and more wood followed wrapping around the metal shell. It continued into the air merging into the top of a tree. Leaves sprouted and the tree thumped down onto the decking, any sign of M gone.

Silvers / Joel
    The sun was high in the sky when Mimi woke. Down stairs Silvers and Joel were already eating. Branstorn smiled as she entered the kitchen, he look quite the sight wearing a frilly apron.

"Morning," He said pulling out a chair, "Come and eat."

Mimi sat and helped her self to pancakes. Joel noisely munched his way through scones as she started eating. Silvers was a little quieter, sipping a cup of tea with a biscuit. After a moment of relative silence Silvers spoke.

"So, what would you like to know about the rebels?"

2. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Wing

“I do not know of a man that caused your injury but I do know for that punch you shall pay!” Finally one of the ice blasts hit her it was the ankle but it would be enough to slow her until it melted.

“My allegiance is with the Legion that is who I work for! NOW FIGHT!” Cage growled coldly as his blade just sliced through the belly of her shirt barely cutting her skin. He was impressed she was still able to dodge the brunt of his attack, although now the only thing on Cage’s mind now was to have his blade get a taste of her blood on its razor edge.

"Oh, didn't you notice? I am already fighting." She motioned to his back where there would probably be a bruise to greet him when he woke up. In one smooth motion, she crouched, broke the ice with her knife and used the ice to slide through the gap between his feet. Using her momentum she managed to jump back on her feet. She could feel drops of blood running from the wound he caused. "Look at that. Now I need to repair that as well. Do you know how hard it is to sew something you can't see?"

She could hear Robin flying away, M following. "You did notice your master being tricked didn't you? Why follow a stupid person?" She threw two daggers at him, one of them hiding in the shadow of the other. "Shackles is it? I'll make you a deal. I'll only make some tiny holes in you, while you tell me what's bothering you and messing up your fighting skills." She didn't even know if something was bothering him but she had a sneaking suspicion that he held back. She wouldn't stand a chance if he grew stronger but she hated to fight someone holding back.

3. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska, United States
    Cage Lupum

The woman slipped between his legs and jumped back up on the other side of him. She was surprisingly nimble for being blind and fighting on ice.

"You did notice your master being tricked didn't you? Why follow a stupid person?" She threw two daggers at him, one of them hiding in the shadow of the other.

“M can fight his own battles he didn’t get to the rank he is by luck.” Cage said as he stood to the sideways to his opponent. In a flash of movement one of the daggers fell to the ground before him, and the other only barely scratching his cheek.

"Shackles is it? I'll make you a deal. I'll only make some tiny holes in you, while you tell me what's bothering you and messing up your fighting skills."

“You’ll only make some tiny holes in me...” Cage looked up to the sky at the battle raging on and laughed coldly. “You haven’t even glimpsed at my power yet...” He snapped his head into the direction of his opponent; he smiled wolfishly at the woman. “I was only holding back because I didn’t want you to die quickly...” Cage yelled at the top of his lungs increasing his power, and a wave of ice was sent from him in all directions. He charged after the wave sending ice blasts the size of a man’s head in the direction of the woman. He anticipated his opponent would leap above the wave to avoid being frozen in its wake. So just before the frozen wave approached her he shot a ice blast directly above her.

4. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Mimi: Murmurs and Questions

"That will hold it for now. Let us return to the house for some rest. In the morning we can talk about the rebels." He said directing his gaze towards Mimi.

Mimi followed the others out, her mind whirling with countless questions, but innate caution silenced the majority of her ponderings. Walking back toward the settlement, she paused at the edge of the rocky shoreline. Agitated siren song rippled across the top of the waves. Leaning down, she traced the teeming surface, her dark hair forming a curtain about her small face.

'Danger rising...Time has come...' Sang the waves. 'He has come to scour...Narwhal's fate awaits.'

Mimi snatched her hands back as if she had been burned. Nightmarish images of Narwhal's final hours flooded her memories. The screams, the heat of the flames upon her face as she was lead away.

To hide her fright, she darted after Silvers, Joel, and Branstorn.

5. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

Wing

Wing reacted quickly to the attack and jumped up and right. A startled cry escaped her as the ice blast hit her in the shoulder. The frozen wave had prevented her from feeling the cold of the blast. She was flung into the wall behind her, landing in a heap. Her face lit up in a smile as she clutched her shoulder.

"Thank you Hand-cuffs. Thank you for finally fighting with your full power. I thank you for treating me as a worthy opponent even though your an animagi and I'm not." She rose to her feet and jumped. Reaching for the beam running overhead. She used it to launch herself at her opponent. She landed in a crouch behind him, punching his knee hard, a cry of pain left her as the movement made her shoulder worse. A knife was out in her other hand as she attempted to cut his hamstring. She the retreated a few steps towards the center of the flotilla. She motioned for Mr cold to come at her. Finally something exciting happened. She could feel the adrenalin rushing through her body, bringing her senses and reflexes to their peak. This was life.

6. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Luciel Teggs

A mischievous smile played on the lips of Luciel Teggs. Her short black hair was tousled about by the wind, causing it to look more un-kept than usual. The duel raging near the center of the flotilla is what had brought Luciel here. A battle of such magnitude could only mean one thing. Two animagi, likely a rebel and legion...battleing it out. She wasn’t certain, but one of the animagi looked like Robin.

Her feet moved silently over the ground as she stepped onto the dock. Not much further now. Luciel suddenly slipped and barely managed to catch herself on a barrel. Ice? A pained cry suddenly rang out from nearby and the sounds of an even closer battle reached her ears. Taking only a moment to decide, Luciel switched directions, pulling her trustworthy pistols out of their holsters. When she reached the battle she was surprised by who she saw. It was Wing battling an unknown legion soldier. Her shoulder was bleeding and both fighters were breathing hard as if they had been fighting awhile. Luciel sent off 3 shots in quick succession at the legion-soldier, as she quickly made her way to Wing’s side.

“Hey, Wing! Long time no see.” She said with the same mischievous smile. She holstered one gun, reloaded the other and released a compact shield on her wrist to block incoming attacks from the animagi. “Want some help?”

7. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Mimi: In the Know

"So, what would you like to know about the rebels?"

Mimi's smooth brows crumpled in thought. "Where does one even begin?" She asked toying with her pancakes. "Joel told me a bit about Solomonn, the Ziz, and a map, but not much else. What started the rebellion and why is the Legion so desperate to lay claim to all the Animagi relics? Is there anyway the rebel factions can help me get back to Narwhal and recover my grandfathers works?"

Ruefully she smiled. "Sorry. Too many questions. I guess the best place to start might be at the beginning."

8. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

Cage Lupum

"Thank you Hand-cuffs. Thank you for finally fighting with your full power. I thank you for treating me as a worthy opponent even though your an animagi and I'm not."

The woman jumped into the leaped into the air and managed to land behind him, and punch him in the knee. Cage howled in pain; the attack was surprisingly strong for a woman who just had her shoulder frozen. He leapt out of the way as she tried to land a slash to his hamstring. As he landed he turned to face his opponent how motioned for Cage to charge, Cage could feel his rage boil over, she had done it, Cage was finally angry.

“Your pride shall be the death of you!” He roared, as he began his charge towards the center of the floatilla where his opponent now stood. Before he could reach his max speed Cage came grinding to a halt as he heard three shots rang out in his direction. Cage dropped to one knee and punched the ground with all of his might raising a three foot thick cylinder of ice around him. The bullets drilled into the wall of azure ice as they made their way towards Cage they slowed until they pushed their way through the wall and peacefully fell to the ground.

That was too close! One more second and I would have been dead… I didn’t think it was possible to become this enraged but I am now! He watched as yet another woman joined the fray rushing to the aid of his current opponent.

“Hey, Wing! Long time no see.” She said with the same mischievous smile. She holstered one gun, reloaded the other and released a compact shield on her wrist to block incoming attacks from the animagi. “Want some help?”

Cage slashed down his wall of ice and as it crumbled around him he called out. “One thing you should know about a wolf, is if you miss the wolf with the first shot he won’t turn and run, but instead RIP YOUR THROAT OUT!” Cage sent yet another ice blast towards the women and howled as he began to transform into a giant white wolf, as the transformation occurred he placed both of his swords in his mouth and finished his transformation into a hulking wolf standing as all as a man at the shoulder, with a head as big as a wine barrel, frozen sapphire eyes burned into his target, and jaws that could bite a person in half with one mighty snap. Cage’s paws were the size of a human head with azure claws six inches in length as sharp as his swords they could slice through almost anything. He lowered his head and dropped the swords from his mouth and stepped over them ground trembling with each step.

Although I can’t use my magic in this form my speed and strength have almost doubled from before… This should be enough to destroy those two… Cage let out a low terrifying growl as he watched and waited for his prey to make the next move…

9. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

Wing

“One thing you should know about a wolf, is if you miss the wolf with the first shot he won’t turn and run, but instead RIP YOUR THROAT OUT!”

The man turned into a huge freaking wolf. "Aw man! I told you to fight with your full powers from the start. If I knew you were holding back I wouldn't have lowered myself to match you." She found covering her eyes helpful when bluffing. Most people read lies in the eyes. She turned her attention to Luciel. "Hey Lu! You know you just said my name in front of a legion. Should we fix that?" A smile escaped her. It really wasn't that bad. The Legions would only have her original name on their list, even she didn't remember it. This was the joke they used to pull in battle. It was Luciel's idea to use it as a code for a special combination of attacks. They'd often fought together before. "Hey Fence! Can you lend be some ice for my shoulder? Oh, that's right, you can't use your magic in the first form." She had studied animagi to better understand their abilities in battle. She crouched to pull out a knife from a hidden place in her shoe. At the same time she grabbed a handful of dirt from the ground behind her. In the blink of an eye she was running to the side of the wolf. She jumped high and got hold of the beam again, this time using it to pull herself up onto it. It was common knowledge that wolves couldn't climb. All she had to do now was to wait for her signal.

10. Love to Write

Luciel

"Hey Lu! You know you just said my name in front of a legion. Should we fix that?" Wing responed with a smile.
    Luciel smiled back, though the animagi turning into an enormous white wolf made her a bit nervous. Wing jumped up high while Luciel sent two more shots into the face of the wolf. She holstered that weapon and drew her sword whilst raising her shield. She took a step back dropping into a fighting stance while yelling, "Now, Wing!"

11. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Joel / Silvers
    "Where does one even begin?" Mimi asked toying with her pancakes. "Joel told me a bit about Solomonn, the Ziz, and a map, but not much else. What started the rebellion and why is the Legion so desperate to lay claim to all the Animagi relics? Is there anyway the rebel factions can help me get back to Narwhal and recover my grandfathers works?"

Mimi smiled "Sorry. Too many questions. I guess the best place to start might be at the beginning."

"Hmm." Silvers mused. "Solomonn would be best placed to tell you the beginning so I'll leave that to him. As for why the Legion wants to claim all the animagi artefacts. They do under the orders of D, he is constantly searching for the leviathans artefact. If he finds it it will allow him control over the sea itself along with some of the nastier enhabitants. The only thing that can fight against the sea is the behemoth artefact and we have even less chance of finding that."

He took a sip of his tea thinking.

"Getting you back to Narwhal shouldn't be to hard. Whether we'll be able to find your grandfathers stuff is another matter. When Robin arrives if you would like we can set off. It's no longer a heavily guarded place and I doubt word of you being an animagi is wide spread so we should be fine."

M / Robin
    Robin dropped to one knee trying to regain his breath. Sealing M in the tree had been tiring. Away towards the docks he could hear shouts from the blind girl and M's lackey. He had to hand it to the blind girl, she was handling herself well considering who she was fighting. As another girl joined the fight the animagi transformed, growing into a large wolf. Robin didn't like the odds of the fight now. He jumped transforming into a large metal bird. Flying up for a moment he turned and flew into the wolf claws raking its hide as he forced it into a wall.

His next attack was interupted by an explosion. Where the top of a tree had once been was now fire. Magma poured out as chunks of rock flew up into the air before punching holes in the floatilla. From the middle of the tree came a hand, followed by an arm, followed by M pulling him self up. His face was contorted into a malicious smile.

"Well done Robin that was impressive."

M raised his hand as if conducting. From beneath him lava jettted out in response. He continued pretending to conduct, rocks and fire spewing out as he went. The floatilla groaned and creeked as rocks smashed it and flames started to take hold. Robin looked around at the destruction. Houses were burning as people tried to flee. He realised what M was doing, this wasn't an attack against him. M was wiping the floatilla.

"Nooo!" Robin howled. "Why M why? These people did nothing wrong."

M laughed, it was deep like thunder.

"Why? Becuase they were harbouring you of course. This is what happens to those who oppose D."

M clapped his hands and slammed them into the tree his body rippling in response. It flickered momentarily before each part changed and grew. His arms and legs thickened and lengthened as large horns sprouted from his head. In seconds a giant bull was perched on the tree. It leapt down and charged. Robin didn't have time to fly away before he was impaled on the horns and thrown through a ship. The impact buckled the ship and it caved in, sinking on top of Robin. M turned to Cage. One advantage of both being in animal form was the humans couldn't understand anything they said.

"Finish these two while I finish of the floatilla." He said, the girls hearing only roars and puffs. M took off charging, swatting Luciel into a wall as he passed. With Cage fighting the only people who seemed to be resisting M was free to wreck the buildings and run down their enhabitants.

12. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

Wing to the rescue

Robin didn't have time to fly away before he was impaled on the horns and thrown through a ship. The impact buckled the ship and it caved in, sinking on top of Robin.

Wing heard the splash of metal hitting water as Robin disappeared out of her 'sight'. A strangled cry escaped her as she understood how miserably her mission had failed. "Lu, change of plans! We have to save Robin from drowning." She remembered the wolf and added a lie. "They said they would kill my father if I failed to protect him." Luciel would understand her bluff, she'd used it before. "Sorry Rope. I've enjoyed our fight but my fathers life is at stake. I need that man alive." With that she threw a last knife in the direction of the wolf and jumped. This time landing by the water. "Lu, do you remember the storm? I will not let that happen again. If I come up from there with Robin, I need to get him out of here. Too bad we couldn't fight all out on this pup. He wouldn't have known what hit him." She sent a thought to every rebel on the floatilla as they didn't stand a chance against the bull, then she threw herself into the water and started swimming down. She used the faint echo of the sounds from her swimming to navigate. Her best friend before Luceil, had died from drowning in a storm. After that she had trained to dive and fetch heavy objects. She wouldn't return without Robin, or what was left of him.

13. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

Cage Lupum

Cage was too focused on his opponent to notice the fighting between M and the Metal master had paused their fighting and that a large metal bird was coming for him. Still watching his prey with the intent to kill at the slightest move he had been watching both the woman hanging from the ceiling like a monkey hanging from a tree and the other woman with her guns. The Metallic Bird lowered its talons and drug them across Cage’s back leaving large wounds in his back as they drug across. Cage let out a painful bark as the Bird slammed him into a wall. Before the next attack could come and injure Cage even further, M had interrupted and sent the bird flying into a ship which after the bird had crashed into the ship began to sink beneath the waves.

Cage gathered himself and stood as M came and stood beside him; as Cage was still shaking off the blow and blood dripped from the gashes on his back tainting his white fur a deep crimson. After Cage had finished gathering himself M spoke. "Finish these two while I finish of the floatilla." Cage barked in acknowledgement. “It will be done these rebels will pay!” He loosed a bloodcurdling growl as his eyes became focused once more on his original opponents with eyes so enraged they could burn a hole in someone’s very soul. It was then that the woman hanging from the beam had let out a cry and yelled out.

"Lu, change of plans! We have to save Robin from drowning. They said they would kill my father if I failed to protect him."

She threw one more blade in Cage’s direction to make him dodge it before she jumped past him landing by the water. "Lu, do you remember the storm? I will not let that happen again. If I come up from there with Robin, I need to get him out of here. Too bad we couldn't fight all out on this pup. He wouldn't have known what hit him." With that she had dove into the water, now he only had the woman that the blind one called ‘Lu’.

Cage charged once more at Lu this time there was no holding back before he had charged with the intent to maim and capture now only death and destruction could satisfy him…

14. Love to Write

"Crap." That was all Luciel could think as the giant snow wolf charged her. She knew saving Robin was important...but now she was all alone with this creature. The malice in his eyes almost froze her to the spot, but she ripped her eyes away and lept out of the way. He had speed but his bulk would make it difficult for him to turn easily. A claw, however, managed to catch her in the side as he tore past. It ripped off a portion of her shirt, revealing a deep gash, that was now bleeding. The shock and adrenline gave her enough time to climb high above him, before she felt the pain of the attack.

Luciel looked down from her lofty perch, on a beam almost 25 feet above him. No way she was going to beat the animagi by herself. Wing and her together had barely stood a chance. There was no-where for her to go from here, unless she tried climbing like a monkey from beam to beam, but if she fell, she was dead. Hope he can't jump this high. One hand held her side as she balanced on the beam and the other pulled out a copper-colored pistol. Blood streamed through her finger tips, staining her pants and landing on the deck far below. Maybe if she shot the wolf enough times...he'd give up his hunt. She sent three bullets at him in quick succession. Lu was a near-perfect markswoman. The wolf-animgi would be hard-pressed to avoid her shots.

15. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

Cage Lupum

Cage lifted his paw after his initial charge and maliciously licked the blood dripping from his claw. While his prey climbed high above him. He now had the taste of her blood and her scent no matter where she went if Cage was in the relative vicinity he would be able to track her down. Blood was dripping down from the woman’s perch nigh twenty-five feet above his monstrous bulk. He had successfully treed his prey it was only a matter of time now all it would take is either her making one false move or losing too much blood and she would fall to her demise.

Cage growled angrily, “Damn, if it wasn’t for that Iron Hawk injuring my shoulder I would be able to reach you without issue, my prey!” It was then the woman drew a weapon and fired off three shots in rapid succession, Cage leapt to the left in attempt to dodge the oncoming bullets, but the woman had attempted him to dodge missing one of the bullets he failed to notice the other two aimed were aimed for his already injured shoulder. Cage roared in pain as they struck, although it wasn’t enough to kill Cage but thinking on his feet he collapsed to the ground and played dead, a useful trick to lure treed prey back down and approach him once more, once the woman came down from her perch she would be in trouble. Cage just hoped she was too injured to worry about making sure he was in fact dead from her perch...

16. Love to Write

Luciel vs. Cage

Is he...dead? Luciel thought as the giant wolf dropped to the ground and stopped moving. No way only a few of my bullets took that thing down already... She looked around her for an exit. Nope...the best way of escape was still beneath her. Wing has been under the water far too long. I hope she's alright. I hope Robin is alright.

Luciel waited for a few more moments, watching the beast intently for any sign of movement. The pain her side was getting worse, and she was beginning to feel drowsy from the loss of blood. This wasn't good. She had to move now or risk falling to her death. Lu looked in her gun's chamber. One bullet. Not enough to make sure that the creature was dead with. She needed to save the bullet for an emergency. At least until she could reload it. I have to do something. I'm dead if I stay up here much longer. Then an idea came to her.

Luciel put her gun back in it's holster. She shimmied down from her perch and just as her feet touched the ground her sword came out of it's sheath and she began slowly walking off the deck and towards saftey. If that creature was truly still alive, he was going to have a nasty surprise in store for him if he attempted to charge her.

Thank god she didn't attempt to shoot again... That was too much of a gamble... He waited as she walked past him turning her back and slowly limping away from him. He could hear in her breath how in pain she was, in this weakened state she would have difficulties fighting back. As she walked past he got up silently, as soon as she was about five feet away, Cage let out a low murderous growl; and charged once more barking and snarling at the woman.

Lu heard the sound of snarls and heavy foot-falls running on the deck behind her. She was right...he was alive and was once again attacking. She suddenly spung on her heel and dropped to a knee. She planted the hilt of her sword firmly on the deck and at an angle, as if she about to stick a wild boar. If she was right, the wolf wouldn't have time to stop. He would either run into her sword and risk being killed, or he'd have to jump over her...giving her the time she needed to disappear into the town. For disappearing was one of her specialties.

Cage's eyes widened as he watched the woman slam the hilt of a sword into the ground pointing up like like a spear aiming directly for his throat. He didnt have time to think of a plan he only had two options either jump and potientally miss his target, or slam into the blade and kill himself but take the woman with him to the afterlife. "You love making things difficult don't you?" He barked, as he jumped over the woman but turned in mid air thanks to his shoulder being injured which off-centered his balance in the air due to he couldnt keep his leg raised. As Cage turned in the air he reached his paw out in an attempt to reach the woman, but missed only slightly scratching her cheek. As he landed he slid backwards tearing up the stone under his claws, he winced in pain as his shoulder took the brunt of the landing.

That was all the delay Luciel needed. As the animagi attempted to right himself, she used the surge of adrenline, brought on by the attack, and sprinted into the town. She pulled a cord, attached to a small cloth bundel resting at the base of her neck. The bundel opened revealing a black cloak. It would help her disappear. Lu slipped the hood on and vanished into the shadows of the town.

Cage finished shaking off the pain and raised his head once more to find his opponent gone. He let loose an enraged howl, and began to stalk the trail of blood from the wound on her side. It would only be a matter of time until he found her he just hoped M didn't call him back before he did...

17. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

Wing

Wing felt her hope sinking. Her lungs arched for air and it was becoming harder to focus. If she didn't get there soon, she might not be able to return to the surface. Then finally her fingers hit metal. The echo told her the shape of the thing and confirmed her fears, Robin hadn't changed back on his own. She didn't waste a second, her hands were frantically searching for his jewelry. If she could get it away from him, he would return to his original self and she might have a chance at getting him up.

18. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Robin / M
    Robin stirred slightly as Wing's nock echoed through his metal body. It reverberate through him. With a groan he started to move, wings becoming paddles as he headed for the surface. Wing was winded as his talons wrapped around her, pulling her up with him. They broke the surface, Wing gasping for air. Robin flew low over the floatilla then dipped. When he flew back up he had Luciel in the other talon. A roar could be heard behind them as M realised they were escaping.

Wing and Luciel looked back as they flew away. There was little to nothing left. A few ships sat at the edge of the dock as the dock burnt. None of the houses were left, just piles of burning wood and ash. The few people that hadn't already been killed were swimming or using makeshift rafts in an attempt to leave. It was painful to watch and know they could do nothing. Battle weary they faded in and out of consciousness as they flew. They were so tired they didn't even notice when Robin crashed into Branstorn's garden.

Joel / Silvers
    There was a crash outside as they were starting on dinner. Rushing outsied they were met by the sight of Robin transforming back to his human form and two possibly unconscious girls. Judging from the cuts and burns on them Silvers guessed they had been attacked.

"Quickly get them inside." He said picking up Wing. Branstorn grabbed Lu as Joel heaved Robin over his shoulder. They took them inside an lay them on the sofas while Silvers assessed the damage.

19. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

Wing

Wing slowly woke to the throbbing of her shoulder. A gasp of pain escaped her as someone lay her on something soft. The first thought to cross her mind was that she had been captured by the legion. Then she figured the Legion wouldn't set her down so gently, they would have thrown her into a cold cell. She brought her hand up to her head, she had a pounding headache. "Lu? You still alive and kicking?" It came out as a whisper. Then a thought flashed in her mind. Robin. "Shit, where's Robin?". In her panic, she forgot her injured shoulder. She sat up strait. Her shoulder exploded in pain and forced her back down. Shit! Shit,shit,shit! Her hands went for the knuckle-bracers. If a legion stumbled upon them like this, he wouldn't hesitate to attack. It was at that moment she finally heard the voices. They weren't alone. She cursed herself for making so much noise. She breathed slowly to calm herself. Then she listened. There were six people, two of them injured, they were most likely Lu and Robin. That left four enemies. Three of them were most likely male. She came to the conclusion that they would most likely kill her before she could hurt them. She sighed and decided to wait until the odds evened out a little.

20. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

Cage Lupum

Cage let out a murderous howl as he watched the giant metallic bird broke the surface of the water and began to fly off with his prey in its talons. M, will not be happy about this… But, I thought M had knocked that blasted bird unconscious enough that he wouldn’t wake up until he was being crushed by the pressure of the sea… Wait… WHAT!?!

It was just then Cage saw the blind woman hanging from the talons as well. He let out a small snicker, “I guess there is more to those three than meets the eye,” he slowly walked back to where he had left his blades and changed back into his human form. As he slowly sheathed his blades he growled in an almost frozen tone, “Next time we meet there will be no holding back and only one shall live to tell the tale of our battle…” Now he had to return to M's side and figure out what his new orders would be, and treat his wounds form his still bleeding shoulder.

21. Love to Write

Luciel

"Lu? You still alive and kicking?" It was Wing's voice. She sounded worried.

Luciel forced her heavy eye-lids open at her friend's voice. "Wing?" She mumbled tiredly. Wing was sitting up and looking around worridly. She a pair of knuckle-bracers on. Apparently she thought she was in enemy territory. It was hard to remember sometimes that Wing was mostly blind. "It's ok, Wing." Lu said sitting up. She let out a groan, as pain shot through her side. She held a hand on her bandaged wound. From the drowsiness and dizziness Lu was feeling, she guessed that she had lost quite a bit of blood. She couldn't remember anything after evading the wolf-animagi. Someone walked up from behind her. It was Silver. She'd met him a few times as she ran missions for the Rebels. "Silver. Where are we? Is Robin ok?"

22. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Silvers / Joel
    "Silvers. Where are we? Is Robin ok?" Luciel said.

"Shhh, easy now," Silvers said crouching down next to her to check her dressing. "You're in Branstorns living room, Robin carried you both here."

"And Robin's hurt but he'll make it." He added as Luciel tried to sit up. She didn't seem to be too badly off, mostly blood loss. Silvers had bandaged her side and put a polluce on her head. At some point he would find the right herbs for her to drink to ease the pain. There was a whisper behind him and he turned catching Wing as she slipped a set of knuckle dusters on.

"Calm child, you are with friends now you don't need these." He said pulling them off of her hands. Wing stopped struggling and Silvers helped her into a sitting position. They were tough girls, he would have them back on their feet in no time. Robin was another matter though. While his animagi powers would no doubt speed the healing it would be a while until he could fight again. Now Robin's mission fell to them. Clearing room he spread a map over the table. It looked like any other map they had seen. Except for one added detail. Towards the bottom left hand corner, south-west of Little Rock was the image of a snake.

"I know both of you must be very tired and in a fair bit of pain but I need to ask this of you now. Robin was asked by Solomonn to recover an artefact the has recently appeared. With him injured the task falls to us, and to you. We don't have to leave yet but I want you all to consider this." He turned to Mimi. "I know you already have an artefact but finding this one would give you a reason to solomonn and return to your island so you're part of this decision aswell."

M
    M watched as Cage returned. He could see the wound in his shoulder and the gashes on his back from Robin's talons. It put him in two minds on how to deal with him. On one hand he fail to capture two girls, one of which was blind. On the other hand M doubted he was expecting Robin. He didn't think Cage had ever fought another animagi before. M decided to be tactful in his approach.

"Ice pup you're back. Let's get you to the ship and patched up. At some point we'll discuss your failure to catch those two rebels but first I always finish a wipe with a drink." M said leading them back onto Benn's ship. M's own ship was being towed behind. They sat down in Benn's cabin, a medic attending to Cage as M poured out a drink for both of them.

"So tell me Ice pup, have you fought any other animagi before?"

23. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

Cage/ M The calm after the storm

Cage was almost shocked by M's response, he winced as the medic tended to his shoulder. As he watched M pour the drinks he had considered his response to M's question.

That damned bird...

When M had finished pouring the glass Cage sat still and waited for M to raise his glass before he reached for his own trying to show his commander the most respect he could. Cup in hand it tighted around the cup as Cage let out a low growl, the rage was still clear in his voice. "No... The only experiance I have had when my Master and I used to train but we would never go in to animal form while training... I have a history of not really being able to controll my anger... Which ended up costing my father his life..." Cage hung his head and sighed.

"Ah yes your father. You killed him didn't you." Cage gave a small nodd. "Were you close?"

"We were... He was the one who passed down this belt to me... My family, the Lupum's was always full of animagi but we kept our talents hidden for many generations remaining as neutral as we could... Until my master came along one day and saw me practicing on my own... He offered to train me to be better perhaps one of the best, he knew I would accept who wouldn't?" Cage paused and took a sip of his drink. "My Father, knew I was being trained to be an animagi but I had hidden my master's allegiance from him until that night... We argued and he began beating me mercilessly... He was screaming on and on about the neutrality of our family that I had forced us to choose a side..." Cage winced once more as the medic finished the patch job on his sliced up shoulder. "It was when he began beating me that my rage boiled over while I was wearing the belt and I transformed into something other than just my animal form..." Cage looked up at M with frozen eyes, clinched his fist, and growled maliciously. "I have never been able to transform into that thing since that day but the scary part of it is I loved every second of being that monster, am I wrong to feel that way?"

"No. I like being in my third form, nothing gets in the way. We'll get you back to it eventually. So do you have any other family?"

Cage took a deep breath and swallowed down a gulp of his drink, as his nerves settled once more he spoke. "None, my mother passed away when I was small, I had a sister once as well or so my father told, but I had heard she passed away in an accident long ago, and so I grew up as an only child, so my father was the only family I had in this world, so after the incident master took me in... Even before the accident he treated me like a son, yet I never understood why..."

M refiled his glass before continuing, taking large gulps as he thought.

"If I recall correctly your master lost his own son. You filled that position." M stood putting the bottles away. "You should visit the taverns more, find a nice lass. Now get some rest, we're not docking for long." He said chuckling.

It was then Cage finally cracked a wolfish smile, he couldn't tell if M had actually made him ease up a bit or if he was starting to feel the effects of the drinks in his system. He said chuckling. "You maybe right on that one..." Cage stood stretching his uninjured arm. "I believe I shall see to some rest then... Thank you for the talk M." Cage bowed his head and turned for the door hand on his injured shoulder hoping the pain would soon vanish, sleep would defiantly aid in that respect. Cage couldn't help but wonder as his closed the door behind him and headed for his quarters below deck if he had finally gained M's trust or if his failure would cause M to not trust him even further. Finally in his bed Cage lay there and stared at the ceiling until he couldn't possibly hold his eyes open any longer.

24. Love to Write

Luciel

"I know both of you must be very tired and in a fair bit of pain but I need to ask this of you now. Robin was asked by Solomonn to recover an artefact the has recently appeared. With him injured the task falls to us, and to you. We don't have to leave yet but I want you all to consider this." Silver said in his usual calm tone.

Luciel nodded. "I joined the rebels to help any way I could, and to protect the Sea from M and his kind. I'm not going to let a little scrap keep me down." She winced briefly, but her face immediately resumed it's look of determination. She looked over at Wing and smiled, though the blind girl couldn't see it...she'd be able to hear it, "You with us, Wing?"

25. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

Wing

She looked over at Wing and smiled, though the blind girl couldn't see it...she'd be able to hear it, "You with us, Wing?"

Wing immediately relaxed when she understood Luciels alliance with these people. "Somebody gotta look out for you, to make sure you keep that curious ass of yours out of trouble." She could tell the girl was smiling. A small smile showed on her own face as well. The smile faded as she turned her face towards Robin. "The fight today was way too close. If he hadn't woken up right then, we'd both been dead." Her hand reached absently towards her injured shoulder. "Why do the legion always try to kill people? Even those neutral ones on the flotilla. We couldn't even help them." Her voice trailed off at the end. She then turned, quickly facing the one Lu called Silvers. Her hand was stretched towards him, palm open. "I want my knuckle-bracers back."