1. Dawnless Sky

Dawnless Sky New Member

Dawn's Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dawnless Sky, Sep 21, 2013.

Hello everyone!

I hope I'm not intruding. I have registered here with the intent of finding a helpful community of fellow writers in order to forge new bonds, get a glimpse of the current creative writing community and in time submit my own work. Not a lot (well, none) of my current friends have an interest in this art and I feel joining such a community would greatly impact my development as a writer.

I first started writing as a child when I fell in love with a video game whose story was so compelling I felt the urge to compose a derived story from it. This was before I even knew such things as "fan fiction" existed.

During my late teens, for some unknown reason, I stopped reading and writing altogether. This has been a strange hiatus. However, some of my characters and stories have stayed with me even now that I am in my late twenties and they request that their stories be told. Well, who am I to argue with the voices in my head?

Thus, I want to saddle back this horse but I feel part of my mojo have stayed with the innocent child I was. I hope this forum is what I need to re-ignite my passion.

I am currently in the process of writing short stories dictated by generators such as Seventh Sanctum in order to hone my skills. I shall submit them in some other time as I am now familiarizing myself with the rules and etiquette of this forum.

As with many of you here, my ultimate goal is publication and so if I publish a piece up for review, be harsh and mean with me if you have to as long as it's fair and helpful.

I would also like to inform you English is my second language and would welcome any assistance regarding typos and general grammar mistakes. I have chosen to write in English mainly because it's a wonderful challenge and also because I feel more comfortable with it than my original language (which is French, by the way) as somehow my whole environment has adapted to it.

See you all soon!

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Welcome to the forum. Not my genre but there's a good member base here for RPG and gamer fan-fiction writing that sounds like you will fit right in. And I'm especially pleased to see more females in that field. We need a bigger voice there. :)

3. Dawnless Sky

Dawnless Sky New Member

Thank you for the welcome!

Oh, I've strayed from the fan fiction world a long time ago. I have kept some ideas and characters from these times but I don't intend on posting fan fictions. I prefer to come up with my own stuff ;)

And yes, females are always appreciated :)