Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coral reef

coral reef Banned

good poster, bad poster

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by coral reef, Apr 23, 2007.

have you ever wanted to post a thread, or a reply, but havnt as you are afraid that if you do, certain members are going to come along and post up something that basically makes you feel like a damn fool?
    Well im a member of many forums, and i see it alot, and ive had alot of it in my own threads, but i would have to say that this forum is the worst for bully members.
    dont get me wrong, i love this forum, but some people here need to seriously realise what they are doing when they post. especially when its on someones work, i mean why would you go into someones thread and post, i didnt like this, it did nothing for me, or, congratulations on adding nothing to the conversation...... and then there are those who, when challenged about their uncivilised post, continue to argue with more hurtful and off subject comments....

I guess all im trying to say is, we should all have some respect for each other, there certainly is a lack of it here.

coral

2. HellOnEarth

HellOnEarth Banned

Stop trolling.

Wait till you get rejection slips from the publishers.

And do not live in a state of denial about your writing.

Why? Is it that bad? How bad is it? Post something up here.
    Also, why do you constantly complain?

3. Frost

Frost Active Member

I note the subtle refference to my posting.

I've got a philosophy in life, and part of that involves not holding back on what I think. If I believe that a certain post has had minimal use towards the conversation, I will let the poster know.

However, note that I did state my opinion, and reasons for my opinion etc etc in the very same post. Then of course, once mamaimaia(sp?) replied, I simply gave her some reasons why I thought that the post was not useful to the thread.

Furthermore, can you suggest to me where else I've set about making people feel 'small and unworthy'? I simply can't recall any times. And let me assure you, that was not my intentions in that kids having kids thread, I have alot of respect for mamaimama and her writing, but she posted something that I felt had no use in the conversation so I merely let her know. I think that honesty is a lost virtue in todays world, because it's been over run by the need for everyone to be polite, and to play happy families, despite the fact that were all different with different opinions.

4. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

Personally, HOE is the only real bully here, but we're all kinda used to him. Everyone else is fairly civilized, but with occasional slips. Myself definitely included.

5. Frost

Frost Active Member

And even he's by no means the worst Ive ever seen.

6. coral reef

coral reef Banned

hellonearth, point out where i was referring to my own writing?

if your talking about where i wrote " and ive had alot of it in my own threads", then i was actually speaking of other forums, not just this one.

and why do i constantly complain? i have complained but twice since i joined, with this thread, which i feel is a relevant topic, and i complained about a crit on someones poem which i found to be rather irrelevant.

if you can send me a link to where else i have complained then please do.

Frost, i apologise, i could have worded the first post a little better, yes i did make a reference to one of your posts, however i did see the posts from your p.o.v, i guess what i was trying to say there, was that when you start having another conversation in somone elses thread it takes everything completely off topic.

coral

7. HellOnEarth

HellOnEarth Banned

Quit complaining; and start writing.

What do you say?

8. Raven

Raven Banned

I'm locking this thread before it becomes over heated.

~Raven.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.