1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Piercings?!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Torana, Aug 14, 2008.

So recently I decided that I wanted to get another piercing. I was just going to get another ear piercing, and a friend of mine was going to get a lower back piercing. Which she is still going to do btw. But after hitting google and seeing a few piercings, I've decided I want to go more extreme than an ear piercing and get a corset piercing. You can see what it is in my avatar. hehe!

I know it looks rather extreme, and creepy, but google the piercing and you will see many more and it actually looks quite awesome.

But the main reason for this thread, was to find out who here has piercings? And if you do, how many? and What type of piercings do you have?

2. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

I only have had my ears pierced, three piercings in each ear. I don't think I want anymore, my thing is tattoos and I am getting another one in the next few weeks. :D

I have to say that I didn't realize this sort of piercing was done, it is femine in it's own way. Let us know when you do it. :)

3. Torana

oooo tattoos!

WHat are you getting? (I love tattoos and so want to get my cobra belt done one day)

4. ChimmyBear

LOL...I love 'em! I am getting roses across and over my right shoulder and upper arm. It is so colorful and pretty. My name will be in the midst of them, the story behind my name is a direct reflection of my mother.
    I almost set my mind on a pin up girl, but when I saw this one I knew after the artist tweaked it and made it my own, I had to have it.

BTW~Your cobra belt sounds interesting. :)

5. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

I am now scared. Corset piercing sounds...freaky. But it would look good in some ways. I just have a normal piercing done, nothing too dandy. :p

6. Torana

THat sounds pretty awesome actually. I want photos!!! :D

And what I want is the cobra starting at the knee, wrapping round the leg and then up around waist with the mouth over the belly buttonand a belly button piercing. But I don't know if I will ever get it done. It is gonna cost a lot of $$$ and the $$$ can be far better spent.

7. Torana

CHarisma, most people say that about the piercing. I think it is awesome though. It looks ace down the side of the rib cage as well. ALmost like the sides have been stitched together really. I love it.

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I had several ear piercings - about 5 in my left ear, 2 in my right, but I removed the earrings and let the holes heal up a couple years ago.

9. ChimmyBear

Believe me, after living through the pain that this tattoo is going to cause...(it is going over my collar bone and shoulder blade)...I will be sure that you get to see it. ;)

Oh that cobra sounds cool!
    Tattoos are expensive, I know what you mean...that is why I am just now getting this done.

10. Torana

Oh but it is a pain that is soooooooo worth it! lol! Like labour pain! :p

I can't wait to see the pic of it! WOOO!

11. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    I was going to get a tounge piercing and a new tat, but now that I'm studying for a new type of work I've found out that they wouldn't really be acceptable in that inviroment. I guess I'll just have to go without

12. ChimmyBear

Your cool Torana! :)

I agree, the tattoo on my upper spine wasn't much fun, but I didn't flinch or even ask him to stop...just kept talking. I was proud of it all the more I think.

13. Torana

Aww that is ace Chimmy. SO proud of you! A friend of mine cried and it took 2 sittings to get a small one, that is half the size of my hand>

That is why I am going for something that can't be seen without me showing people or wearing a backless top. Cause it really wouldn't be acceptable for a TA to have this sort of piercing lol! <what they don't know can't hurt them lol>

14. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

well theyre not MY piercings

but i'm friends with alot of emos

fer exampleh

my mate megan has her septum done, four ear piercings (both ears), two ear bars and ear expanders, she's got her nose pierced, her hips pierced and (upon last check) she's gotten her belly button done four times (the piercings are in the form of bars they cross over one another), she also used to insert thread needles underneath her skin on the palms of her hands, but i'm pretty sure she's grown out of that.

15. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I have a 6 gauge P.A. ( I'm not explaining, people, so don't ask! :D )

16. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

As long as they aren't so close together that the rings clink when you move ;)

17. ParanormalWriter

ParanormalWriter New Member

Ow! :0 Just the ears for me please. I'm a baby. I did try to peirce my own navel when I was a teenager, but that came out no good (and left me some weird looking navel scars).

18. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

I had my nose pierced for a while - I lost the stud and couldn't replace it until two days later, by then, it pretty much meant having to re-pierce my nose and I never bothered. :)

The corset piercing - now that's something I haven't seen before... I find it, strangely, both appealing and disturbing! :p

19. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Have you seen the pentagram piercing someone has got done? Like the corset with ribbon strung between the rings but in a pentagram.

A little googling will also lead to the cleavage corset and the homemade cleavage corset done with alcohol and a staple gun. ouch.

20. Silver Random

Silver Random New Member

I've never had any piercings ever, and i dont intend to get any :cool:

And by the way, that corset piercing thing doesnt seem to be something that is done permanantly - i just looked on wiki and it says they are rarely made to last more than a week, although it is "theoretically technically possible" to make them permanant :confused:

21. tarnished

tarnished Contributor Contributor

I'm looking forward to getting one of my ears pierced. I'm going to gauge it also :D
    I'm not going to go to extreme with the gauging though, probably only a 12 or 14.

22. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

I just have my ears pierced three times. I thought about getting my nipples done. But really, who's going to see them? My boyfriend. And he's not crazy about the idea. So really, there's no point. Unless I decide to become a stripper or a Suicide Girl or something.

I'm not crazy about surface piercings. They freak me out, especially since a guy I know got gangrene when he pierced his wrists. I've seen some cool ones, though. I saw a girl at a club once who had the corset piercings like what you want, Torana. Except this girl had them down the backs of her legs.

I have a rather large tattoo on my back, and there is one other tattoo that I want. I'm not really sure where I want it, though, so I'm going to wait until I'm totally sure.

23. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

First of all :eek: to the homemade one... lol.

I looked at a few pics - some of them are quite nicely done and look pretty good; others look downright ghoulish - at least to me, anyway. I guess it depends on the kind of look you're going for. :/

24. Daniel I Russell

Daniel I Russell Active Member

Noooooo Tor! Like I said, dont ruin your lovely back!

I too had piercings, all around one ear. I took them out when I was teaching and they healed. Just one didn't, one through the cartiledge at the very top. Still kept a ring in that.

I got my three tats and want to get a fourth. Need to see if I can afford it after I've saved for my trip.

25. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i had pierced ears for a single pair of earrings only... now i don't wear any jewelry and haven't done for a baker's dozen years, so they've probably closed up...

torana... when considering what disfiguring things [imo] to do to your body, do you stop to think about whether you would want your children to do the same thing?... if the answer is 'no' or even 'maybe not' then as a mother, you shouldn't, either, should you?...

and what does your husband/mate think about you having that 'corset' that will certainly make your sex life a bit difficult, to say the least?

love and hugs, maia