1. Published on Amazon? If you have a book, e-book, or audiobook available on Amazon.com, we'll promote it on WritingForums.org for free. Simply add your book to our Member Publications section. Add your book here or read the full announcement.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. dedebird

dedebird Member

Dedebird's progress journal

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by dedebird, Jan 22, 2016.

I just restarted my fantasy novel a few days ago, and I thought that posting this thread might motivate me to get those extra scenes done!
    I have only finished the first scene of my book because I had to write it twice! I wrote the whole thing in first person and HATED it, so of course I rewrote it as third person limited. I'm loving this new beginning to my story I haven't edited it yet I'll save that for when I finish the first chapter. So far the word count in my novel is only 875. I am a super slow writer and I know I have a super long road ahead of me! My goal is to at least write a full rough draft of it. We will see where it goes after that.

Tenderiser likes this.
  2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

Good start! 875 words in a few days isn't slow, but fairly common. And if you've written two versions, 1700+ is pretty fast by most people's standards. :D

3. dedebird

dedebird Member

@Tenderiser Well that makes me feel a little better about my pacing!

Unfortunately today and yesterday I didn't do as well. I only added a messy 377 words that I know will need tons of editing. Although I will say that I am a little proud of myself, because I am so tired I almost went to bed without doing anything.

The total word count is now 1,254. I feel like this is a good spot to end this chapter story wise, but it is so short not sure if I will actually end it here or not.

4. kateamedeo

kateamedeo Active Member

Even a couple of words on the paper are a lot more than an empty page :) And you have more than just a couple, the first thousand is already written! Keep pressing on!

dedebird likes this.
  5. dedebird

dedebird Member

I just hit 2,027 words! Some of the words are from editing the first chapter more, the rest are from the start of the second chapter. I have so much more swirling around my head to write. But it is 3:30 AM and I have to be up at 7 AM. Ah the things I sacrifice for the love of writing. I'm really getting into depth with this plot that's what I spent most of the time between now and the last time I posted. That and getting over being sick.