1. dedebird

dedebird Member

Dedebird's progress journal

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by dedebird, Jan 22, 2016.

I just restarted my fantasy novel a few days ago, and I thought that posting this thread might motivate me to get those extra scenes done!
    I have only finished the first scene of my book because I had to write it twice! I wrote the whole thing in first person and HATED it, so of course I rewrote it as third person limited. I'm loving this new beginning to my story I haven't edited it yet I'll save that for when I finish the first chapter. So far the word count in my novel is only 875. I am a super slow writer and I know I have a super long road ahead of me! My goal is to at least write a full rough draft of it. We will see where it goes after that.

Tenderiser likes this.
  2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

Good start! 875 words in a few days isn't slow, but fairly common. And if you've written two versions, 1700+ is pretty fast by most people's standards. :D

3. dedebird

dedebird Member

@Tenderiser Well that makes me feel a little better about my pacing!

Unfortunately today and yesterday I didn't do as well. I only added a messy 377 words that I know will need tons of editing. Although I will say that I am a little proud of myself, because I am so tired I almost went to bed without doing anything.

The total word count is now 1,254. I feel like this is a good spot to end this chapter story wise, but it is so short not sure if I will actually end it here or not.

4. kateamedeo

kateamedeo Active Member

Even a couple of words on the paper are a lot more than an empty page :) And you have more than just a couple, the first thousand is already written! Keep pressing on!

dedebird likes this.
  5. dedebird

dedebird Member

I just hit 2,027 words! Some of the words are from editing the first chapter more, the rest are from the start of the second chapter. I have so much more swirling around my head to write. But it is 3:30 AM and I have to be up at 7 AM. Ah the things I sacrifice for the love of writing. I'm really getting into depth with this plot that's what I spent most of the time between now and the last time I posted. That and getting over being sick.