1. dannyboy

dannyboy Member

Definitely struggling -kindly help

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by dannyboy, May 11, 2011.

Hellooo everyone...

I'm definitely strugling with my plot at this point.... I'm working on the hero not beliving in reincarnation but he is born with some powers and he is moved in to the story to actually save prehistoric human souls that is arrested by the asuras in the prehistoric age... It was the war between god and asuras at that time there was no religion and for those people who followed the evil one their souls are stuck on the earth and they need freedom to reach heaven and hero is the one to do it. Now I don't want involve religion but Indian folk lore is quite difficult I would need some one to suggest how I can get out of religion and also some ideas as to how many years back will I be going if I want to prove there was no religion on earth and It was definitely man who brought religion in the earth....

Thanks in advance...

Dannyboy

2. Killer300

Killer300 Senior Member

There are many ways to approach this. One is to apply a special science fiction rule, which is that technology if advanced enough will look like magic. That should help with the whole religion part.

3. dannyboy

dannyboy Member

where can I start my research on science fiction and gather the rules. Religion is the major stumbling block and India filled with various caste, creed and diversity applying rules that can pacify the readers is a tough ask... please give more inputs

4. JimFlagg

JimFlagg New Member

I think you would have to go all the way back to the Troglodytes and Hominid wars. Archaeologist are constantly finding things that show we had religion way back in time.

There is a reason for this. Religion fills in the holes to question that can't be answered until a specific stage of development. I think you are going to be hard pressed to prove that there was a point in our development where we did not have religion.

There is going to have to be a lot of research on your part.

Good luck.

5. dannyboy

dannyboy Member

In spiderman or Superman or any of the super hero stories did the local people in the west who saw them performing stunts think these super heroes were god's people or sent by god or even tried to relate them to a particular religion... Because if you look down in India if we create a super hero he can become a great hit if he is a religious deity however if I want this to be internationally recognised then I have to forgo religion and try science or some nonsense.... At the end religious people come up with a say that it was all god's plan and connect it back to religion... Should I be bothered about this or should I just make my super hero a person accepts others notions however goes by his own ways not supporting any one...

6. Ellipse

Ellipse Contributor Contributor

Oh, man, you just reminded me of the tv show Bibleman. It was a religious superhero show on TBN. It was so bad it was funny.

7. Protar

Protar Active Member

Aren't the Asura those gnome guys from guild wars 2? Anyway it sounds like an interesting concept. Is there going to be a reason for the heroes powers? Is he like a chosen one? I'm not asking you to tell me all those things but those are the sort of questions you have to answer.

8. dannyboy

dannyboy Member

That's the confusion I have at the moment... Was spiderman the chosen one? was superman the chosen one? if yes who chose them and why??? I don't to paint a picture on my superhero that he is a chosen one by god but it just happens to him and he is not aware of such powers within him, it arises only when he is affected which is sort of selfish and that turns out to be how people actually identify his powers.... Asura is a word derived from sanskrit for demons or a supervillan who opposes the religious deities in Hindu myth.... I'm glad that it sounds interesting to you

9. dannyboy

dannyboy Member

yet another confusion in my story I would need help on this... It's a mission carried out by a Indian origin American in India with the support of the government.. Since the crew involved in the mission are tribal Indians and Americans how would I make it look real with the language barrier... Should I have a translator definitely gives me more work to include another character.... Please help with some ideas. Science Fiction or Realisms????

10. JimFlagg

JimFlagg New Member

Translators are awkward when writing dialog. Either have the American know Indian and have a speech identifier that indicates that they are speaking in Indian or have the people he is working with know some English. If you can use technology then have a device that will translate every thing to the listener.

11. dannyboy

dannyboy Member

Thanks Jim... That's exactly what I came up with right now using a translation device inserted on the people who are carrying out the mission and Indian would understand the American in Indian and vice versa.

12. Lilithmoon

Lilithmoon New Member

In the X-Men comics, there was a point in her life where the character Storm was worshiped as a Goddess by a tribe of primitives. She actually derives her powers from a genetic mutation. However, if while she was living as the tribes goddess her actions successfully filled that role, who is to say she was not really their deity? It is like a self-fulfilling prophesy in my opinion.

I hope I understood your question and this helps. :)