Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron63

Ron63 New Member

Deleting membership

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Ron63, Feb 14, 2011.

Is there anyone on this list that can advise on how I can delete my membership account? I have written to cogito three times and each time my message seems to have been deleted with no reply. I also tried the contact form, but still no reposnse. Feels like I'm being held here against my will. Must be a law about that somewhere. :eek:

2. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

They won't deleted your membership/account here.

3. Ron63

Ron63 New Member

At least someone responded. Thanks Speedy. I appreciate that. Looks like I'm going to have to do some research to see if there's a law about being forced to remain a member against my will. OR. do something silly that will get me struck off.

4. Speedy

If you get banned, you'll still have your account here. So don't go down the silly path.

Just delete all the information you have if you would like to leave.

Then you'll just have a husk name.

5. ArckAngel

ArckAngel New Member

Why don't you just log out and never come back?

6. Ron63

Ron63 New Member

I can log out, yes, but that doesn’t remove my membership. Other forums I belong to have a nice little button that can be pressed to 'cancel membership', which is the civilised way to do things. As for the silly road, no, I don't intend to do that. I was only jesting.

I wonder if my solicitor can find something.

7. guamyankee

guamyankee Active Member

Welcome to the Hotel California...

8. Speedy

You'd be wasting your money and their time.

Let it slide dude.

9. Kevin B

Kevin B New Member

The moderators here seem to only address requests that they feel is worthy of their time. They place themselves on a very high pedestal here for some reason. I guess addressing the fact that members are replying to spam posts is more important than other member concerns.

I'm still trying to figure out what purpose this forum supports other than to have a place where members can share their thoughts about writing, or for posting and critiquing their work. You sure can't post anything more than that without receiving an 'infraction' for doing so. Successful writers are very limited to what they can do here. This is more of a Work In Progress site, that does not support its published members in promoting their work.

As mentioned above, just remove any information that you deem too personal from your profile, then let it be. You'll get no help from the moderators or Admin.

10. Sabreur

Sabreur Contributor Contributor

At the combination pizza hut and taco bell
    The bitterness is astounding. If you don't like it here, leave. There are plenty of other sites; there is literally nothing holding you here other than your own need to complain.

1 person likes this.
  11. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Okay, one odd problem at a time.

Firstly, we don't delete accounts from the site. It isn't false imprisonment, or whatever legal rubbish you might want to paint it as, because you aren't being forced to stay here. You're welcome to stay or go as you please. But we don't delete accounts.

And Kevin, you're exactly right. This site is for the improvement of members' writing. It is absolutely not for the promotional use of published writers. I think, to be quite honest, the purpose of the site is pretty damn clear.

1 person likes this.
  12. Sabreur

Agreed. If someone is published, the publisher or (shock! awe!) the writer himself should be responsible for promotion of their work.

The people on this site do not owe you anything. Actually, let's extrapolate that further: the world does not owe you anything. I'm not sure where people get their ridiculous sense of entitlement from but it is obnoxious, to say the least.

13. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I agree with Sabreur, OP. If you want to leave, then leave. Erase all the info in your profile, log out, delete the site from your favorite's list and never come back. The only thing that'll exist is your username, just floating in the endless list of usernames here.

There will be no consequences of doing this. The only negative is that if someone wanted to register, they can't use your username.

In my mind, that's a win=win for you. You don't have to stay and no one else gets to use your profile and post in your name. You're not "imprisoned" here.

14. Kevin B

Kevin B New Member

I agree.

Now you're commenting on something you know nothing about, my sense of entitlement. You're right that the members of this site owes me nothing, nor does the world. Reading my previous post, I still don't see where you draw that assumption from.

This is the first writing forum I've ever seen that doesn't support their writers past the point of improving their work, and the most obnoxious senior members, and staff I've ever encountered, to say the least.

Good luck with your site, from what I've seen... that's all you have.

15. Sabreur

That is all this site is for. Your perceived sense of entitlement stems from the idea that you think we should help you beyond improving your writing. You're lucky to get even that.

You're excused now.

16. Ron63

Ron63 New Member

17. Sabreur

Delete your posts, never return. We won't prevent you.

18. Banzai

Exactly. I don't see why removing your account completely is necessarily essential.

19. Ron63

Ron63 New Member

There's no bitterness, Sabreur. I'm not that sort of person. I am trying to be as polite as I possibly can. I just find it annoying that I don't seem to have the right to remove my membership from this site and all I want is to have a bit of repect for my wishes, but that seems to be a difficult thing to expect on this site. You say, why don't I just leave. Please, tell me how. Tell me how to remove my membership.:confused:

20. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

There isn't a way to remove your membership. All you can do is just log out and never come back. If it was possible, we would tell you. Believe me.

Are you worried that we'll use your profile/private info for any personal gains? I'm no mod, but let me assure you that they would never do that.

If you're concerned, still, then go to your User CP and take care of buisness by deleting any and all private info. Once that's done, then click "log out" and you're set!

Again, nothing's stopping you from leaving. No offense, but you're kinda making this harder on yourself than it needs to be.

21. Peerie Pict

Peerie Pict Contributor Contributor

Ron63 is the type of client that makes my knees quake.

Thinks there are rights and a legal remedy for every shred of human existence.

Just out of interest, do you have Interpol on your back?

1 person likes this.
  22. Ron63

Ron63 New Member

Thanks for your thoughts and interest, Peerie. Have a good day my friend.

23. Banzai

Okay, this bollocks is going nowhere fast. The situation has been laid out. It can't be made clearer than that, and legal threats carry no weight when made with no understanding of the law.

Basically, I'm sick of looking at this thread. So it's closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.