1. Zane

Zane New Member

Two Suggestions

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Zane, Sep 8, 2010.

Hello WF community.

I don´t know if this has been suggested before... I was thinking that a chat box could be really good for this site. I´ve seen it in a japanese forum and it´s really helpful and a good way for members to interact with each other.

And I don´t mean place the chatbox there on the site overview, that would just spoil the page, in my opinion. Perhaps if the idea is appreciated, it could be a sticky thread in the lounge forum. Whoever would like to go to the chat, opened the thread and there was the link like for example: WF chat popup, the user clicked on there and there it was Wf chatroom.

What do you think about it?

For the secound suggestion- I think in the blog, instead of having all of the posts just leaning there, the user could choose to add an archive. For example if the user wanted to post poems on the blog he/she could post it in the blog archive: poems. Or pieces of opinion, short stories, moments that happened, anything. Being able to create Archives according to the content, to keep it all organized.

That´s all.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

We absolutely do NOT need a chat adjunct to the site. That is not the type of interaction this site is for, and it would add a drain on the system resources we do not need.

As for organizing your member blog, you can create a hierarchy of categories within your blog, and you can move a blog entry from one category to another whenever you wish.

3. Manofkent

Manofkent New Member

Chat boxes can be really annoying. They need constant moderator attention as it always ends up with two or three people arguing.

Blogs are a good idea, its far easier to make a blog on a bloggin website and post the link in your sig.
    People are more likely to click on your sig than go to your blog via your profile.