1. PensiveQuill

PensiveQuill Contributing Member

Depicting homo and hetero erotica in the same book

Discussion in 'Erotica' started by PensiveQuill, Sep 9, 2014.

I have limited experience of this genre but am attempting it anyway. My story is aimed at hetero market. But I want to depict homoerotic acts between men as well as women along with the hetero acts. Is there any rule that says this shouldnt be done? Or it better to keep everything one sided? A lot of my proposed scenes have bisexual elements as I dont want to be restricted to just boy on girl love nor completely homosexual love either. Thoughts.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies The Ops Pops Operations Manager Staff Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

I have a number of books that contain a mix of sexuality. One that pops to mind is Lost Star [Interstellar Service and Discipline 0], which I found thoroughly enjoyable. ;)

3. PensiveQuill

PensiveQuill Contributing Member

Cool. Thanks Wreybies. I thought it shouldn't matter too much as long as overall the book can still fit into a certain category within the genre.

4. Mangyhyena

Mangyhyena Member

I think it's fine as long as your story calls for it and your readers are not blindsided by this mix, which is easily solved by clearly stating it upfront. Letting your reader know what to expect, in general, is respectful and always a good idea.

5. Gisella_M

Gisella_M Member

This could work, there is no reason why it shouldn't. Personally though I usually keep it to one type. I am bisexual but usually read and write lesbian fiction.